Value of: Christopher Tanev to Toronto

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Gaunce - Reilly is closer to tanev-kadri
This thread is all kinds of silly,
Super easy to say that isn't true. Not saying the OP is fair for Tanev, but that is further apart not closer

its saying things like this that make these threads silly, because the other side reacts with a more outrageous response, wash, rinse, repeat.

There was a point where this thread got half assed productive, but I don't get why people come into these things to flame them

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Super easy to say that isn't true. Not saying the OP is fair for Tanev, but that is further apart not closer

its saying things like this that make these threads silly, because the other side reacts with a more outrageous response, wash, rinse, repeat.

There was a point where this thread got half assed productive, but I don't get why people come into these things to flame them

Actually how you feel and value Reilly is very similar to how Tanev is viewed in Vancouver. Gaunce has a long NHL career ahead of him, and the only question is if he can score.and I've always found kadri overrated and wouldn't be a big part of a good team.

Tanev is he worth nylander and marner ? Cmon in today's NHL which is all about youth and speed and elc contracts. That kinda deal doesn't happen the last one was probably Kessel to Toronto. So like I said the idea of trading 2 high end elc contributing players doesn't happen it's ludicrous

Which is why this is all kinds of silly

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
its not that we mean to dump on kadris value

but ur dumping on tanevs value by suggesting kadri

kadri is not a good piece because u dont need him and 29 teams know u dont need him

so offering him for our best defensemen is laughable and we will compare gaunce to reilly as it makes reillys valuable laughable as we dont need gaunce and reilly is ur best defensemen

toronto van threads should be banned terrible trade partners

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Actually how you feel and value Reilly is very similar to how Tanev is viewed in Vancouver. Gaunce has a long NHL career ahead of him, and the only question is if he can score.and I've always found kadri overrated and wouldn't be a big part of a good team.

Tanev is he worth nylander and marner ? Cmon in today's NHL which is all about youth and speed and elc contracts. That kinda deal doesn't happen the last one was probably Kessel to Toronto. So like I said the idea of trading 2 high end elc contributing players doesn't happen it's ludicrous

Which is why this is all kinds of silly

Ya, Tanev and Rielly are both #2 dmen in my view. Trade value is going to slant in the direction of Rielly because of age and upside but they're close

Kadri is worth much more than Gaunce as a career 50pt centre on a team friendly contract. He's a 2nd line centre on a good team, not the beating heart of a good 2nd line but can easily be a part of one. Gaunce has a lot to prove to show that he can be as good as Kadri, plus he's not a centre which would mean that he would be less valuable even if he were as good as Kadri. So pretty easy to say that the deal you said was closer than to fair than the OP is less fair than the OP

If the leafs were going after Tanev it would be closer to the trade deadline in the scenario where Van is out of it and Tor is chasing a playoff spot. I would think something like JVR+Kapanen+our 1st rounder would be a fair offer for a top pairing defenseman that's still in his prime, but that won't be a #1 because the pffense won't be there

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
its not that we mean to dump on kadris value

but ur dumping on tanevs value by suggesting kadri

kadri is not a good piece because u dont need him and 29 teams know u dont need him

so offering him for our best defensemen is laughable and we will compare gaunce to reilly as it makes reillys valuable laughable as we dont need gaunce and reilly is ur best defensemen

toronto van threads should be banned terrible trade partners

Completely agree that Kadri is not close to enough to get Tanev. There would be a significant add from our side and I think JVR might make more sense as a starting point because you could flip him for more futures. And I disagree about us being terrible trade partners, we're in opposite conferences with different strengths of players in different stages of the rebuild-compete-rebuild cycle

Rielly>Tanev in trade value because of age and upside, they're similar impact players this year and the trade value gap isn't huge but it favours Rielly

Kadri>>Gaunce - Kadri's a real deal 2nd line centre, still only 26 and on a team friendly contract. Gaunce might stick in the NHL, he might not and he's 4 years removed from his draft. I haven't seen any indications that Gaunce can be an impact NHL'er, so I would think his ceiling is around what Kadri is at a less valuable position and that's starting to look like a long shot

What I'm saying is that countering with a more ridiculous proposal doesn't do anything constructive in these threads, it starts a cycle of flaming. The purpose of these threads is to be a sounding board for trade ideas, as soon as everyone digs their heels in and gets ridiculous they lose their value and fun

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Completely agree that Kadri is not close to enough to get Tanev. There would be a significant add from our side and I think JVR might make more sense as a starting point because you could flip him for more futures. And I disagree about us being terrible trade partners, we're in opposite conferences with different strengths of players in different stages of the rebuild-compete-rebuild cycle

Rielly>Tanev in trade value because of age and upside, they're similar impact players this year and the trade value gap isn't huge but it favours Rielly

Kadri>>Gaunce - Kadri's a real deal 2nd line centre, still only 26 and on a team friendly contract. Gaunce might stick in the NHL, he might not and he's 4 years removed from his draft. I haven't seen any indications that Gaunce can be an impact NHL'er, so I would think his ceiling is around what Kadri is at a less valuable position and that's starting to look like a long shot

What I'm saying is that countering with a more ridiculous proposal doesn't do anything constructive in these threads, it starts a cycle of flaming. The purpose of these threads is to be a sounding board for trade ideas, as soon as everyone digs their heels in and gets ridiculous they lose their value and fun

yea but level of ridiculous doesnt matter its a bad trade the intensity of its badness doesnt matter at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad