Value of: Christopher Tanev to Toronto

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Now, first of all I don't think it would be incredibly smart to move Chris Tanev from the Canucks...

Nor do I think Benning WILL because he's so important..

But, I think there could be a deal made that could make sense for both teams...

The Canucks need a center that can take over after the Sedins retire for some amount of time.

The Canucks have the viable replacements for Tanev in the minors/scratched which would allow them better playing time.

The Canucks could use a good center to play with some of their younger wingers while Eriksson is pretty much permanently with the Sedins for the rest of the careers...

The Leafs need a top pairing RH d-man to stick beside Rielly and they were great together when playing with Canada.

The Leafs have more than enough young offense to make up for losing some.

The Leafs and Canucks are in separate conferences as a whole, so there's very little chance it comes back and 'bites' either team...

This is why I'm proposing Chris Tanev for Nazem Kadri.

Yes, I know the Canucks have Sutter, and Horvat and Granlund, but none of them really have the offensive capabilities to be a replacement for the Sedins long term... Besides, either Sutter or Granlund can play wing easily..

I also know that Tanev has a bit more value than Nazem, but I can't really figure out what can be added from Toronto to make it fair... That's where you come in...

Have at it.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Kadri isnt a long term replacement for Hank either...

Theres no incentive for Van to do this.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
And you offer Kadri. Come on you would need to do much better than that to even get their interest. That's a very bad offer.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Kadri isnt a long term replacement for Hank either...

Theres no incentive for Van to do this.

Kadri is the same age as Tanev. Plus he'll be like 29 when the Sedins retire.

And you offer Kadri. Come on you would need to do much better than that to even get their interest. That's a very bad offer.

Like I said, there's room to add from Toronto... But in the real NHL, I think a trade like this makes sense.. Maybe not on hfboards. Plus I'm a Canucks fan.

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
Easy pass from Vancouver.

I highly doubt you're a canucks fan if you value Kadri at the same rate as Tanev

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Easy pass from Vancouver.

I highly doubt you're a canucks fan if you value Kadri at the same rate as Tanev

I think he could thrive with decent wingers/not having to be the main source of offense until the Sedins retire... Maybe I'm just higher on him than others.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Now, first of all I don't think it would be incredibly smart to move Chris Tanev from the Canucks...

Nor do I think Benning WILL because he's so important..

But, I think there could be a deal made that could make sense for both teams...

The Canucks need a center that can take over after the Sedins retire for some amount of time.

The Canucks have the viable replacements for Tanev in the minors/scratched which would allow them better playing time.

The Canucks could use a good center to play with some of their younger wingers while Eriksson is pretty much permanently with the Sedins for the rest of the careers...

The Leafs need a top pairing RH d-man to stick beside Rielly and they were great together when playing with Canada.

The Leafs have more than enough young offense to make up for losing some.

The Leafs and Canucks are in separate conferences as a whole, so there's very little chance it comes back and 'bites' either team...

This is why I'm proposing Chris Tanev for Nazem Kadri.

Yes, I know the Canucks have Sutter, and Horvat and Granlund, but none of them really have the offensive capabilities to be a replacement for the Sedins long term... Besides, either Sutter or Granlund can play wing easily..

I also know that Tanev has a bit more value than Nazem, but I can't really figure out what can be added from Toronto to make it fair... That's where you come in...

Have at it.

I love what Kadri brings but our defense is pathetic. I'd do it.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I think he could thrive with decent wingers/not having to be the main source of offense until the Sedins retire... Maybe I'm just higher on him than others.

No bro. You're just high.
Chris Tanev has more value than Kadri. Canucks would be looking at a much younger centre than Kadri if we are speaking to Toronto of all teams to trade Tanev.

Also this was discussed for death for the whole summer. Listening to people tell Vancouver fans we aren't a playoff team, in need of a rebuild and have an idiot running the team straight into the ground. So far I think most Canuck fans are surprisingly happy with the early outcomes of our team compared to others.(save for the Oil. We enjoy watching them fail)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tanev for Nylander is probably close.

I'd pass if I was VAN though, D men are far more valuable than wingers. Especially a proven #2 like Tanev.

Aintboutdatlyfe*

Good chance Zaitsev is as good as Tanev. He's really good. And yes I'm aware that Tanev is quite good.

Tanev just straight up doesn't get you Nylander or Marner, or even close for that matter. Let alone Nylander or Marner+

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
Good chance Zaitsev is as good as Tanev. He's really good. And yes I'm aware that Tanev is quite good.

Tanev just straight up doesn't get you Nylander or Marner, or even close for that matter. Let alone Nylander or Marner+

Excellent then we agree

we keep Tanev, and you can keep sporting that amazing top pairing of yours.

We are not trading Tanev barring an overpayment.

Aintboutdatlyfe*

Tanev for Nylander is probably close.

I'd pass if I was VAN though, D men are far more valuable than wingers. Especially a proven #2 like Tanev.

1.) Nylander is a center, he just happens to temporarily be playing on the Wing.

2.) Nylander's upside is higher that that of a #2 Dman. His upside is that of a #1C. The fact that Tanev is already at his upside doesn't change that. In today's NHL the mindset that being proven makes up for someone having higher upside is flat wrong. Let alone the fact that Nylander is pretty much a sure thing to hit his upside considering how good he is already.

3.) Toronto would never consider moving Nylander for a #2 Dman.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
1.) Nylander is a center, he just happens to temporarily be playing on the Wing.

2.) Nylander's upside is higher that that of a #2 Dman. His upside is that of a #1C. The fact that Tanev is already at his upside doesn't change that. In today's NHL the mindset that being proven makes up for someone having higher upside is flat wrong. Let alone the fact that Nylander is pretty much a sure thing to hit his upside considering how good he is already.

3.) Toronto would never consider moving Nylander for a #2 Dman.

Easy now.

He's a winger right now, no guarantee he moves back to centre. Dmen like Tanev have a very high value. 26 year old #2 Dmen like Tanev are more valuable than small wingers with "upside". It's not a knock on Nylander, just Dmen hold higher value all else being equal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad