Value of: Chris Tanev

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Tanev surpresses more shots than Matthews. Kadri + Nyalnder + TOR 1st for Tanev seems fair

You posted on a Bruins-related thread that Tanev=Boychuk without the physicality or offence, and that Tanev's value is two 2nd's.

You have no credibility here or anywhere. Move along.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Well, considering you don't want any of our trade chips...and the 3 kids aren't on the table; there isn't anything TO can offer.....i mean the 1st, sure....but there isn't anything left to add except maybe Kapenen.

So in the same sense of you saying all us Canucks fans want is Nylander, the same is Basically said about TML fans and all you want to give up are pieces no rebuilding team wants.

What reaction should canuck fans have when we constantly see the names JVR, Kadri and Bozak over and over, by leaf fans well we have the same response you do same name over and over....Nylander.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
Not sure he is a good fit for TO...

Maybe Pasta, Carlo, McAvoy and a 1st from Boston? :dunno:[/QUOTE

hahaha a player with Tanevs Defensive IQ coming to TO would make them one scary team to play in the playoffs..honestly if he got traded to TO w/o them giving up roster players I would pick them to coming out of the east

that being said the canucks shouldn't trade him for anything, he saves way to many goals

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So in the same sense of you saying all us Canucks fans want is Nylander, the same is Basically said about TML fans and all you want to give up are pieces no rebuilding team wants. I

What reaction should canuck fans have when we constantly see the names JVR, Kadri and Bozak over and over, by leaf fans well we have the same response you do same name over and over....Nylander.

Again, i was responding to a post that said Van didn't want JVR/Kadri/Bozak....then said the 3 kids were off the table and didn't want Dermott/Nielson..then asked what's the best i would offer as a Leafs fan, well that doesn't leave much other than 1st+KK. It isn't like I think that's fair...but what else us left?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I think Toronto is a good trading partner with the Canucks

Thing is Van wants.....Toronto doesn't want to give......

So how does Toronto get Tanev and not give up any of their top 3 rookies? Easy, make it painful enough that it hurts, yet Vancouver is not happy either..........

Tanev

for

Kapanen, 2017 - 1st, 2017 - 2nd (lowest one), 2018 - 2nd

Toronto gives up a lot and gets the best player, Vancouver gets a lot of future, Van will take a small cap dump if nessesary, although they don't want it.......just enough to make the Tanev deal work.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yea ugh... you might want to hang onto that pick. It won't be close to 15

yet here we are at the all star game and the pick is right there. :laugh

detroits pick will be nowhere near 15 though, terrible team.
long,slow,painful rebuild to come!

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Toronto would be deadly with Tanev

Tanev and Reilly at the World were unstoppable,

They weren't on the ice for a goal against the entire tournament.

You could see how well they played together.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Who are you referring to?

He's talking about Oates2Neely. He got rekt in the other Tanev thread now he's being a baby, making ridiculous proposals that include Tanev to feed the "Tanev is so overrated" narrative.

He's makes dumb posts like this:

Morgan Reilly + TOR 2nd for Tanev?

To incite reactions like this:

Tanev is one of the more overrated players on these boards in years. Keep him Vancouver and enjoy mediocrity.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I know we get all caught up on values here on Hboards but it wouldnt surprise me if Tanev went for picks if Van is out at the deadline like a 2017 1st + 2017 2nd + warm defensive body.
It isn't sexy, but those are usually the trades that happen in reality.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I know we get all caught up on values here on Hboards but it wouldnt surprise me if Tanev went for picks if Van is out at the deadline like a 2017 1st + 2017 2nd + warm defensive body.
It isn't sexy, but those are usually the trades that happen in reality.
I think he should go for more, gms should be willing to outbid that. I wouldn't be mad at Tim Murray if he gave up 2018+2019 1st round picks for Tanev after the draft this year.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is the guy who said Tanev is equal to Boychuk lol

Saying Tanev is in the same league as prime Boychuk isn't crazy. Boychuk was top pair on a defense first Cup winning (and Cup losing) team. He wasn't the pure defender Tanev is, but he brought more on the other side of the ice. But, saying his value is two 2nds IS crazy, as Chiarelli screwed the timing on that deal by waiting until training camp.

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
I'd do Tanev for Kapanen and 3 picks

make the 3rd pick conditional even

To Toronto: Tanev

To Vancouver : Kapanen, 2017 first, 2017 second, 2018 third (becomes 2nd if Tor makes ECF)

Something to that effect

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I bring it up in every thread and no one wants to talk about it but what about Tanev's durability makes you think he'll be as effective for the next 5 years? He literally plays as many games in a season as a starting goalie. He would need to string together 3+ seasons of 75+ games for me to believe that.

Im not worried about his long term durability. He's hurt prone vs injury prone if that makes sense. It's not like he has a bad knee, back or concussion issues. That would definitely raise some concerns. He blocks lots of shots, takes lots of hits. Broken fingers, feet, wrist ect are his undoings. Nothing a player cant fully come back from, while it may effect a mid-seasons groove. Salo broke everything at least a couple times over and had a long successful career for us.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016
Like I said. The Canucks can keep Tanev and enjoy mediocrity. When you are a defenseman in this league with no puck moving skills, it doesn't matter if you are solid defensively. You aren't bringing back anywhere near the packages Canucks fans are demanding.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Like I said. The Canucks can keep Tanev and enjoy mediocrity. When you are a defenseman in this league with no puck moving skills, it doesn't matter if you are solid defensively. You aren't bringing back anywhere near the packages Canucks fans are demanding.

How many games have you watched?

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Chris Tanev is currently Vancouver's best defencemen. Do some research before opening your trap, also who the hell cares what fan bases are asking for return. No one thought Vancouver can acquire Gudbranson at such a low price right? Stuff like that happens.

I'd do Tanev for Kapanen and 3 picks

make the 3rd pick conditional even

To Toronto: Tanev

To Vancouver : Kapanen, 2017 first, 2017 second, 2018 third (becomes 2nd if Tor makes ECF)

Something to that effect

that's a pretty bad trade. Give you props for trying though. I rather make a move for Duchene

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Saying Tanev is in the same league as prime Boychuk isn't crazy. Boychuk was top pair on a defense first Cup winning (and Cup losing) team. He wasn't the pure defender Tanev is, but he brought more on the other side of the ice. But, saying his value is two 2nds IS crazy, as Chiarelli screwed the timing on that deal by waiting until training camp.

Boychuk has a good shot, but I'm not sure he really brought more offence at the time of the trade. He'd hit 20 points once, same as Tanev.

Agreed Chiarelli screwed the timing of the deal. He was also 3 years older at the time with only one year on his contract

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00