Value of: Chris Tanev

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It doesn't matter. Canucks fans will tell you it's Nylander(+) or bust...thus, the Leafs can't afford Tanev.

Maybe we need to pre-face every thread involving Tanev, because leafs fans still don't seem to get it. I'll explain it again in the simplest possible way.

1. We don't want to trade Tanev, understand?

He can be part of our long term plans despite what uninformed Canucks fans and fans of other teams think.

2. There for we as fans will continue to request an overpayment, understand?

3. An overpayment is not Kapanen and a 1st rounder, understand?

4. An overpayment is a player you don't want to give up, understand?

Like Marner, Nylander, we understand that your team will not trade these players, it's just that these players constitute overpayment.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Here is why you move Tanev....................

#1. The Canucks will not have a first line ready when the Sedin's retire, if they do have a 1st line, it will not be a polished, explosive first line, this will take time, so counting the remaining part of this year, next year, plus development years, you are probably looking at 4 years, until our team has a strong 1st and 2nd line. (2 lines that can be effective on the Powerplay and ES)

#2. The Canucks have an abundance of RD all of a sudden and although young, fit in with the Sedin's slow demise......Stetcher, Tryamkin, Gundbranson are all under 23 years old

#3. Tanev's contract becomes a NTC contract July 1st, 2017, therefore causing a log jam on RD for the remainder of his contract....either that or move a lesser Dman for a less return..............we have enough 3/4 line players, and why would you trade the young dman that look good and still have ceiling to develop?

#4. Attached to #3...............deal from strength........RD is our strength!

If you don't like the suggestion....I get it...............

But

Tanev

for

Kapanen, 2017 1st, 2017 2nd, 2018 2nd...........has a lot of value

Wouldn't mind hearing from some Toronto fans on this offer!

I'd probably do that. We need a guy like Tanev pretty badly.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe we need to pre-face every thread involving Tanev, because leafs fans still don't seem to get it. I'll explain it again in the simplest possible way.

He can be part of our long term plans despite what uninformed Canucks fans and fans of other teams think.

Like Marner, Nylander, we understand that your team will not trade these players, it's just that these players constitute overpayment.

As i have stated in this thread, Nuck's fans have every right to demand Marner/Nylander...but that's overpayment for Toronto...and that's why i said the Leafs can't afford Tanev....understand?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
As i have stated in this thread, Nuck's fans have every right to demand Marner/Nylander...but that's overpayment for Toronto...and that's why i said the Leafs can't afford Tanev....understand?

Yet your willing to respond in the same way as if were being ridiculous, or did you not think that was obvious?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yet your willing to respond in the same way as if were being ridiculous, or did you not think that was obvious?

I respond the same way, because nothing changes....Nucks fans want Nylander/Marner, which again...they have every right to...Leafs can't afford that. Run through the thread...you won't find any posts from me knocking Tanev's play...his age (other than me saying a rebuilding team shouldn't move multiple young pcs for a 27 year old)...his contract, or his injury history. In fact, you will find i am one Leaf fan who really likes Tanev. I haven't called Nucks fans "delusional"...or in fact insulted Nucks fans at all. Can the same be said the other way? There are plenty of posters on here to direct your venom at....I shouldn't be one of them.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The canucks been losing alot and the only person who has high value is Chris Tanev what is his value atm?

you know hes in his prime as a dman... hes on a contract below 5 mill for a few more years...

I'm prejudice against one dimensional dmen. bruin fans get upset at me when I criticize krug not being a top pairing guy...

but all in all... tanev would be valuable to my b's if we were trading carlo.

if carlo and something gets us landeskog
then a first and something gets us tanev

to me... that's good moves for my bruins

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I respond the same way, because nothing changes....Nucks fans want Nylander/Marner, which again...they have every right to...Leafs can't afford that. Run through the thread...you won't find any posts from me knocking Tanev's play...his age (other than me saying a rebuilding team shouldn't move multiple young pcs for a 27 year old)...his contract, or his injury history. In fact, you will find i am one Leaf fan who really likes Tanev. I haven't called Nucks fans "delusional"...or in fact insulted Nucks fans at all. Can the same be said the other way? There are plenty of posters on here to direct your venom at....I shouldn't be one of them.

You believe these things fine, then respond once, which you did and leave it at that. Your constant response with exactly the same wording (laden with derision) makes it seem as though you think were being unfair, otherwise you would have responded once and left it at that. Even if were saying that your doing it from a subconscious level, (which I don't believe), it's still been present every time you've responded with the same conjecture.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
you know hes in his prime as a dman... hes on a contract below 5 mill for a few more years...

I'm prejudice against one dimensional dmen. bruin fans get upset at me when I criticize krug not being a top pairing guy...

but all in all... tanev would be valuable to my b's if we were trading carlo.

if carlo and something gets us landeskog
then a first and something gets us tanev

to me... that's good moves for my bruins

When did the Bruins trade for Landeskog? :sarcasm:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kapanen and a 1st seems pretty reasonable, perhaps Leafs slightly overpay which should satisfy Canuck fans.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You believe these things fine, then respond once, which you did and leave it at that. Your constant response with exactly the same wording (laden with derision) makes it seem as though you think were being unfair, otherwise you would have responded once and left it at that. Even if were saying that your doing it from a subconscious level, (which I don't believe), it's still been present every time you've responded with the same conjecture.

Quick question...how many times have Canuck's fans posted Nylander or bust? More than once? Ya...thought so.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Quick question...how many times have Canuck's fans posted Nylander or bust? More than once? Ya...thought so.

Different posters responding to questions about what they want is different than one poster responding the same way, with thinly veiled derision.

Also you know that response just provides me with more evidence to suit my point right?

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017

Its understandable that Leaf fans would not want to give up Nylander for Tanev...but the price tag for a D like Tanev is high (its not fair,but it what the market dictates)...If Tanev was being shopped(say at the TDL),I'm pretty sure that there would be a lot of teams bidding for him...Easily a sellers market.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
[/B]

Its understandable that Leaf fans would not want to give up Nylander for Tanev...but the price tag for a D like Tanev is high (its not fair,but it what the market dictates)...If Tanev was being shopped(say at the TDL),I'm pretty sure that there would be a lot of teams bidding for him...Easily a sellers market.

You really think teams would be lining up with Nylander-Ehlers-Reinhart-Pastrnak etc?

it's one thing to say - we don't want to move him, the only way it would make sense is (nearly if not completely unprecedented gross overpayment)
but quite another to say

(nearly if not completely unprecedented gross overpayment) is perfectly fair value, anything else is insulting

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
[/B]

Go ask other teams that have a young player the caliber of Nylander if they would trade that player for Tanev...maybe then you'll understand why your sights are a bit too high.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
You really think teams would be lining up with Nylander-Ehlers-Reinhart-Pastrnak etc?

No..I don't...but I also don't think Kapanen and a 1st (in a weak draft) gets it done either..Every possible combination has been discussed with Tanev and the Leafs,and there's just not a fit..IMO...I think the Canucks are better off pursuing a player like Landeskog

Nylander for Tanev isn't that far fetched though,he's the lesser of the players above that you mentioned..The Leafs could afford to give him up,as you do have two other outstanding forwards..Just my .02 cents

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
[/B]

Ok, honest question....Nucks fans have repeatedly said they want a 1 for 1 deal with a minimum (from the Leafs) Nylander coming back. Please compile a list of teams...and which players that fit that criteria.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

You ever consider that maybe you're wrong?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If the Nucks had Nylander and we demanded him for say Gardiner (not a perfect comparison, but close) they would absolutely lose their minds.
The fact that Nylander is the least of the big 3 means nothing because he's still one of the top nhl prospect in the world and would be the best young player on 25 or so teams.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If the Nucks had Nylander and we demanded him for say Gardiner (not a perfect comparison, but close) they would absolutely lose their minds.
The fact that Nylander is the least of the big 3 means nothing because he's still one of the top nhl prospect in the world and would be the best young player on 25 or so teams.

Not really that close.

A better one would be Gardiner for Baertschi, which I wouldn't do.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
If Nylander doesn't earn Babcock full trust over the next year, I could actually see Tanev for Nylander. And I dont think that would be a bad trade for Toronto at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00