Value of: Chris Tanev

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Hall, but no, a 1st and prospect/young goal scorer seems right for rebuild or since we're win now lol a real good top 6er and stuff

I'd like to add that I am terrified to see what we're like if we trade him.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
Um. Yes.

Any day of the week. Especially if it's unprotected.

Let me just put this out there, because i feel like lots of people especially leafs fans wouldn't ever consider trading the 1st; This year is a very weak draft, experts have the first overall pick going in the 4-6 range in 2016. The Leafs pick is realistically going to be in the 5-15 range, make even 15+.

Leafs advanced stats have been very good this year, with a player like Tanev we have a very solid top 4. Rielly-Tanev, Garinder-Zaitsev. We will easily be a bubble team with Tanev barring major injuries.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Let me just put this out there, because i feel like lots of people especially leafs fans wouldn't ever consider trading the 1st; This year is a very weak draft, experts have the first overall pick going in the 4-6 range in 2016. The Leafs pick is realistically going to be in the 5-15 range, make even 15+.

Leafs advanced stats have been very good this year, with a player like Tanev we have a very solid top 4. Rielly-Tanev, Garinder-Zaitsev. We will easily be a bubble team with Tanev barring major injuries.

Leafs aren't trading any 1st round picks. At least ones that they don't know exactly where they're drafting.

That said, I do think Leafs and Canucks make good trading partners for Tanev. It's just no point in discussing what that would be, since both sides can't agree to what would be fair.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta
Nobody wants to give up anything of value for him because he can't score. This thread has been done.

it has been but he is overall value for others team like Taylor Hall got traded for Larrson can we do the same trade? but would it cost a former first round player pick like taylor hall other than nail yakapov?

Does he have same value as Evander Kane?

Canucks need a 20 goal scorer

is he worth Jagr?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
it has been but he is overall value for others team like Taylor Hall got traded for Larrson can we do the same trade? but would it cost a former first round player pick like taylor hall other than nail yakapov?

Does he have same value as Evander Kane?

Canucks need a 20 goal scorer

is he worth Jagr?
If that's all the Nucks would be looking for, Toronto would easily offer Van Riemsdyk. Realistically it would take more from Toronto's end.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
JVR + leipsic/Nielsen/dermott + 2017 2nd + Milan Michalek @50%/Matt Hunwick/Polak
For Tanev + Sbisa + Dorsett.
I know Vancouver needs top 6 scoring, but what else? bottom pairing D or scoring depth? We have lots of both and lots of prospects to add. Plus we can take a bad contract or two back to make the numbers work.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not even in the right ball park. We need quality over quantity, and tying Sbisa and or Dorsett to Taney hurts his value.

So top line forward, top 45 pick & a top 5 system prospect isn't enough for a D man who can't score.
Okay, what realistically would you want from Toronto?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So top line forward, top 45 pick & a top 5 system prospect isn't enough for a D man who can't score.
Okay, what realistically would you want from Toronto?

We had an entire thread about this, you have to know what the answer is. There is no feasible deal for Tanev with the current make up of our teams.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
We had an entire thread about this, you have to know what the answer is. There is no feasible deal for Tanev with the current make up of our teams.

That's just ridiculous, of course there is. Just cause you don't like the return doesn't mean there isn't s deal to be made here.
JVR is not as good as Hall, and Tanev is equally not as good a player as Larsson is. You're even getting added value with dumping bad deals and gaining picks and prospects.
top end rookies and top draft picks just aren't available for guys who provide 0 offensively.
Maybe my deal isn't quite true value, but I'm a lot closer to something than you are by saying "there aren't pieces between us to make a deal I like"
Toronto has loads of assets your team needs depending on the route it wants to go.
We have vets we can retain on to help a playoff push, we have scoring wingers, and we have draft picks. These two teams definitely have the pieces to make a deal

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That's just ridiculous, of course there is. Just cause you don't like the return doesn't mean there isn't s deal to be made here.
JVR is not as good as Hall, and Tanev is equally not as good a player as Larsson is. You're even getting added value with dumping bad deals and gaining picks and prospects.
top end rookies and top draft picks just aren't available for guys who provide 0 offensively.
Maybe my deal isn't quite true value, but I'm a lot closer to something than you are by saying "there aren't pieces between us to make a deal I like"
Toronto has loads of assets your team needs depending on the route it wants to go.
We have vets we can retain on to help a playoff push, we have scoring wingers, and we have draft picks. These two teams definitely have the pieces to make a deal

We have players like JVR. We also have trouble getting them, or even the Sedins, to score with our present system. Our only hope of late is to try to suffocate a teams offense, and adding JVR, who would be an improvement to say Sutter or Baertschi or Granlund doesn't fix anything for us. Adding a second doesn't fix anything for us, and look at how our management uses second round picks before you pump the tires there. All JVR helps us do is eat up the cap space Tanev left behind. Our management is so incompetent fans don't think they can handle a rebuild anymore so high picks do nothing but enable more, likely worse moves. Further more we don't need to move Tanev.

You bring up Hall Larsson too...are you honestly comparing JVR, a prospect and a pick as being as close to Hall ad Larsson and Tanev would be? Age and potential create a divide between the two players, but people around here don't acknowledge how important the suppression stats are. If he doesn't score, great, see if San Jose moves Vlasic for anything close to that package.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
All i ask is that we keep the Leafs out of this thread. It has been proven in the other Tanev threads that there is no deal to be made between the 2 teams. Why? Because the Leafs won't be trading Matthews/Marner/Nylander/1st...and the Nucks fans don't want a deal based around JVR+.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bruins sure could use a Tanev.

2017 1st (unprotected) + Debrusk or Senyshyn or Lauzon or Zboril

Bruins can add Koko seeing as he will never play in Boston and Benning is a fan.

Last edited:

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Bruins sure could use a Tanev.

2017 1st (unprotected) + Debrusk or Senyshyn or Lauzon or Zboril

Bruins can add Koko seeing as he will never play in Boston and Benning is a fan.

Would Carlo be included as a prospect like these ?

Fits right in with a good first and good prospect. As some of us have said Tanev is worth

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Yea ugh... you might want to hang onto that pick. It won't be close to 15

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2