Rumor: Chris Johnston: Some believe Toronto is the front runner for Ben Chiarot.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If I was the Leafs, I would not be after offense. The Leafs already have a very solid offensive team. You need warriors. Gio is a good fit if you can get him for a good price but I suspect other teams are looking at him too... even if he's 38
Agreed .

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
It's not the truth. It's some form of witch hunt that can be applied to other players to make them look worse. I've seen this many times before. Like seriously, The 5-10 GM's that are very interested him are completely ignorant to what you think you have found? Really? :facepalm:

Chiarot makes his partner worse? It goes unnoticed by NHL coaches and GM's? Usage, ice time, D zone starts has nothing to do with it right? :biglaugh:

This 1st rounder narrative has people confused and as a result, they are on attack mode towards Chiarot. Foolish!
It’s not the truth? It’s some form of witch hunt? WOW.

Numbers that reflect Chiarots play don’t lie. They reflect exactly what happens when Chiarot is on the ice. That is why each team employs teams of analytic experts that study these numbers. Chiarot has been a player that has been sheltered his entire career, by playing with a far superior player like Weber and Buff, as I pointed out. This year he can’t be protected as much (he plays half his time with Petry which brings his numbers way upto 47.5) but overall he is 42%, lowest (tied with Romanov on the team.

Your ice time, usage conspiracy theory we will not go down that rabbit hole, cause you would be embarrassed too easily trying to explain why good players like Hedman or any dman that deserves to play big minutes against top players post numbers in the 55% range (when not ankered to players that bring their numbers down)

I think there have been 5 1sts already traded this year and the list of good UFAs this year are huge. Way better than last year when Savard was the top (what does that say about last year). There might be at tops 4 more traded this year, and you really think the are 5-10 GMs out the Salazar I f about Ben Chiarot? Let me see…Klingberg, Lindholm, Giroux, Hertl…wait that Chiarot guy will put us over the top playing 10 minutes a night, cause believe me he will be getting no where nears 20 minutes. Contenders are contenders because they don’t have bakers like Chiarot playing that time.

I do like how you use laughing emojis and things like witch hunt when you have no real response. I am betting you are a big FOX news watcher. They aired a story that the riots in capital hill didn’t really happen. Sort of like insiders posting stories about 10-15 teams ready to give up a 1st for Chiarot. Could the riot story be true…don’t think so I was the videos, just like I have seen the numbers in Chiarot.

as for your zone starts theory….check or these link. It might add some validity to the 109s of posts a day with your OPINION. Knowledge is power. Try using it.

How much do zone starts matter part 1: maybe not as much as we thought

How much do zone starts matter part I: (Maybe) not as much as we thought

and part 2

How much do zone starts matter part 2: A lot on their own, not that much in aggregate

How much do zone starts matter part II: A lot on their own, not that much in aggregate

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Question... If it took a 1st for both Chiarot and Giordano, who would you pick? 31 year old Chiarot or the 38 year old Giordano? Hypothetical question (if it took a 1st)

What value would you put to the Habs taking Mrazek off your hands in a Chiarot trade where we retain 50% on Chiarot and maybe send you Montembeault to be the cheap back-up? Or we don't send you a goalie and you get someone else who you have more confidence in to pair with Campbell?

I suspect that Dubas is going to trade his 1st but he's going to try to unload a contract that extends past this year as well as picking of a rental like Giordano or Chiarot. Needs better cap flexibility next year with Rielly's contract kicking in

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Numbers that reflect Chiarots play don’t lie. They reflect exactly what happens when Chiarot is on the ice. That is why each team employs teams of analytic experts that study these numbers. Chiarot has been a player that has been sheltered his entire career, by playing with a far superior player like Weber and Buff, as I pointed out. This year he can’t be protected as much (he plays half his time with Petry which brings his numbers way upto 47.5) but overall he is 42%, lowest (tied with Romanov on the team.

Your ice time, usage conspiracy theory we will not go down that rabbit hole, cause you would be embarrassed too easily trying to explain why good players like Hedman or any dman that deserves to play big minutes against top players post numbers in the 55% range (when not ankered to players that bring their numbers down)

I think there have been 5 1sts already traded this year and the list of good UFAs this year are huge. Way better than last year when Savard was the top (what does that say about last year). There might be at tops 4 more traded this year, and you really think the are 5-10 GMs out the Salazar I f about Ben Chiarot? Let me see…Klingberg, Lindholm, Giroux, Hertl…wait that Chiarot guy will put us over the top playing 10 minutes a night, cause believe me he will be getting no where nears 20 minutes. Contenders are contenders because they don’t have bakers like Chiarot playing that time.

I do like how you use laughing emojis and things like witch hunt when you have no real response. I am betting you are a big FOX news watcher. They aired a story that the riots in capital hill didn’t really happen. Sort of like insiders posting stories about 10-15 teams ready to give up a 1st for Chiarot. Could the riot story be true…don’t think so I was the videos, just like I have seen the numbers in Chiarot.

as for your zone starts theory….check or these link. It might add some validity to the 109s of posts a day with your OPINION. Knowledge is power. Try using it.

and part 2

How much do zone starts matter part 2: A lot on their own, not that much in aggregate

How much do zone starts matter part II: A lot on their own, not that much in aggregate

The approach you are taking can be applied to others where it looks the same. That's my point. It's obsession to devalue with flawed context. The same thing was done towards Petry when his corsi sucked cause we were playing him in a defensive role and didn't have a good partner for him.

There are many others you can do that too. Muzzin might be one of them.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Question... If it took a 1st for both Chiarot and Giordano, who would you pick? 31 year old Chiarot or the 38 year old Giordano? Hypothetical question (if it took a 1st)

What value would you put to the Habs taking Mrazek off your hands in a Chiarot trade where we retain 50% on Chiarot and maybe send you Montembeault to be the cheap back-up? Or we don't send you a goalie and you get someone else who you have more confidence in to pair with Campbell?

I suspect that Dubas is going to trade his 1st but he's going to try to unload a contract that extends past this year as well as picking of a rental like Giordano or Chiarot. Needs better cap flexibility next year with Rielly's contract kicking in
Honest answer, I wouldn’t pay a 1st for either Chiarot or Gio. I also wouldn’t trade Mrazek right now….he’s not perfect, but he can play pretty well as proven last night. If we need to unload Mrazek, that can be done during the off-season.

Now if I HAD to choose between Chiarot and Gio, it would be Gio.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honest answer, I wouldn’t pay a 1st for either Chiarot or Gio. I also wouldn’t trade Mrazek right now….he’s not perfect, but he can play pretty well as proven last night. If we need to unload Mrazek, that can be done during the off-season.

Now if I HAD to choose between Chiarot and Gio, it would be Gio.

Giordano could be another Folingo. I am/was a fan of both but not so sure Giordano skating/age/mileage can keep up on a deep run. We will see cause he is going to get traded and be in the playoffs. Hasn't played a full season and playoffs since 18/19. 60% D zone starts with 43% corsi.

You have more faith in the 38 year old than I do but I honestly, I do think Giordano will get traded for cheaper than Chiarot.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Giordano could be another Folingo. I am/was a fan of both but not so sure Giordano skating/age/mileage can keep up on a deep run. We will see cause he is going to get traded and be in the playoffs. Hasn't played a full season and playoffs since 18/19. 60% D zone starts with 43% corsi.

You have more faith in the 38 year old than I do but I honestly, I do think Giordano will get traded for cheaper than Chiarot.
For what the Leafs need (stay at home D) Gio at a cheaper price is the better move…leaves our 1st for something else. That said, I would prefer Manson or selling the farm for Lindholm.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For what the Leafs need (stay at home D) Gio at a cheaper price is the better move…leaves our 1st for something else. That said, I would prefer Manson or selling the farm for Lindholm.

I think Dubas does trade his 1st but he tries to get a D and he also tried to unload Mrazek. That contract has to go!

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I think Dubas does trade his 1st but he tries to get a D and he also tried to unload Mrazek. That contract has to go!
Again, unless he upgrades on Mrazek, he can’t trade him right now. Imagine spending your 1st, then having Campbell jet injured and having to go with Montembault??

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, unless he upgrades on Mrazek, he can’t trade him right now. Imagine spending your 1st, then having Campbell jet injured and having to go with Montembault??

If you make a move for Miller, you can try to get Halak in that package. In that case, you don't need Montembault. That was kind of how I presented that idea.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No way is Dubas paying the insane price tag on Miller.

Depends. He has a problem with that goalie contract he signed last off season and might try to get out of it if he were able to acquire Miller but also unload Mrazek while taking back Halak (pending UFA). If the Canucks were open to that, Dubas might pay the futures price. However, should the Leafs go after Miller and not spend that cap on a Defenseman? That's debatable for sure

Moving Mrazek to offload salary will not be easy this summer. Reality. I'm pretty sure Dubas is thinking multi layered in terms of improving the team for the playoffs but also creating better cap flexibility this summer.... if he is going to dig into futures.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Depends. He has a problem with that goalie contract he signed last off season and might try to get out of it if he were able to acquire Miller but also unload Mrazek while taking back Halak (pending UFA). If the Canucks were open to that, Dubas might pay the futures price. However, should the Leafs go after Miller and not spend that cap on a Defenseman? That's debatable for sure

Moving Mrazek to offload salary will not be easy this summer. Reality. I'm pretty sure Dubas is thinking multi layered in terms of improving the team for the playoffs but also creating better cap flexibility this summer.... if he is going to dig into futures.
And again....Dubas does not have to "unload" Mrazek right now....so paying an insane asking price on Miller to move Mrazek is not needed....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And again....Dubas does not have to "unload" Mrazek right now....so paying ban insane asking price on Miller to move Mrazek is not needed....

You're right, he doesn't have too but thinking it will be easy this summer is not reality as well. I'm pretty sure I know what Dubas is going to try to do but he needs another GM willing to help if he digs into futures.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

and part 2

I can play your game....

Lets compare McDonagh to Chiarot in many different areas because I feel they are both physical types.

McDonagh (Age 32) Vs Chiarot (Age 30): Stats this year with Chiarot not playing with Weber. This is why Chiarot is getting a lot of attention. He's providing McDonagh value where some other fans think he is just some fringe top 4D and belongs on the bottom pairing. Nonsense

18 pts with 2 goals in 47 games
vs
11 pts with 5 goals in 47 games

43% Corsi for with 67% of D zone starts
vs
42% Corsi for with 66% of D zone starts

23:02 min a game
vs
23:20 min a game

3:08 min a game on the PK
vs
3:06 min a game on the PK

3.49 hits/60
vs
5.46 hits/60

4.59 blocks/60
vs
4.32 blocks/60

0.72 giveaways/60
vs
2.67 giveaways/60

0.83 takeaways/60
vs
0.76 takeaways/60

Some will focus on his giveaways/60 vs McDonagh but if they do, here is some more context compared to others...
* Trouba is at 1.91 giveaways/60
* Klingberg is at 3.11 giveaways/60
* Ekblad is at 3.02 giveaways/60
* Muzzin is at 2.92 giveaways/60
* Provorov is at 2.72 giveaways/60

Reactions: Johny

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
Haven’t watched a single habs game this year and do not follow advanced stats but I do remember chiarot being a huge pain in the ass against the leafs last year in the playoffs. So as long as they don’t sell the farm for him in a bidding war I’d take him. Especially given what happened to muzz

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

I would take BC first based on age and potential to get maybe another year or two. If it was a one game or one playoff series I'd take Gio.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
The approach you are taking can be applied to others where it looks the same. That's my point. It's obsession to devalue with flawed context. The same thing was done towards Petry when his corsi sucked cause we were playing him in a defensive role and didn't have a good partner for him.

There are many others you can do that too. Muzzin might be one of them.
Wait…..let me get this straight. Your argument against my facts that show Chiarot is a crappy player and has brought down the numbers of EVERY partner he has played with in the last 5 years is….”you can provide stats like that for other shitty dmen in the league”? Is this not a thread with Ben Chiarot name in the title? About Ben Chiarot? How does talking about other shitty dman elevate Chiarots value to a point where he is going to be worth a 1st. It’s like a drunk defending his privilege to drive home drunk by saying was more sober than his buddy, so that makes his actions okay.

unbelievable. Time for you to step back from the keyboard and take a look at some of the shit you post. Conspiracy theory’s, which hunts and now player X is shitter than Chiarot so that makes Chiarot great?

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
I can play your game....

Lets compare McDonagh to Chiarot in many different areas because I feel they are both physical types.

McDonagh (Age 32) Vs Chiarot (Age 30): Stats this year with Chiarot not playing with Weber. This is why Chiarot is getting a lot of attention. He's providing McDonagh value where some other fans think he is just some fringe top 4D and belongs on the bottom pairing. Nonsense

18 pts with 2 goals in 47 games
vs
11 pts with 5 goals in 47 games

43% Corsi for with 67% of D zone starts
vs
42% Corsi for with 66% of D zone starts

23:02 min a game
vs
23:20 min a game

3:08 min a game on the PK
vs
3:06 min a game on the PK

3.49 hits/60
vs
5.46 hits/60

4.59 blocks/60
vs
4.32 blocks/60

0.72 giveaways/60
vs
2.67 giveaways/60

0.83 takeaways/60
vs
0.76 takeaways/60

Some will focus on his giveaways/60 vs McDonagh but if they do, here is some more context compared to others...
* Trouba is at 1.91 giveaways/60
* Klingberg is at 3.11 giveaways/60
* Ekblad is at 3.02 giveaways/60
* Muzzin is at 2.92 giveaways/60
* Provorov is at 2.72 giveaways/60
Do you have an issue reading? No team that is a contender is looking to acquire Chiarot to play 23 minutes a night. The reason teams are contenders is because they don’t have dmen like Chiarot playing on there team, and if they had such players they wouldn’t be contenders. Do you really think Tampa Bay or Florida or Carolina is thinking…damn once we get Ben Chiarot we are going to throw him out there on the PK for 3 minutes a night so we can get our PK% down from 88.9% to closer to 73% like Montreal’s? What the hell have you been smoking to list that as a positive? E

As for comparing Chiarot to Ekbald, Trouba, Klingberg, provorov….there is no world where Chiarot belongs in the same breath as those player when taking skill. There is a reason Ekblad has earned $81 million over his career (and he is only 26), Trouba $43m at 27, Klingberg $31m at 28 (and about to get a hefty raise), And Provirov $20 million and he just turned 25……while Chiarot who is about to be 31 has made $15 mill, for almost double the earning period.

really you are embarrassing yourself with your posts. But if you want to “play another game” I am ready for it. Just make sure you bring facts that actually mean something next time, cause this is too easy. Maybe use emojis again, cartoons bring up at least a entertainment value to your many posts, that the content you write lacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad