Rumor: Chris Johnston: Some believe Toronto is the front runner for Ben Chiarot.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Do you think Buff was happy playing with the worse partner in the roster.

Jets had Trouba, Morrissey, Myers, Kulikov and Chiarot. No one wanted to play with Chiarot and buff was doing the team a favour being ankered to him. He wanted to play with anyone good, but not 3 years chained to Chiarot. Do you think he went to management and said…no more Chiarot or I am walking. Jets tell Trouba…good news Jake you are with Chiarot next year…Trouba says oh no, I have seen what Byff has had to put up with…trade me. Myers is told Tyler buddy..good news next year you get to play with Chiarot….Myers says oh no, I am walking.

They let Chiarot walk for free. They couldn’t even trade him for a pick so hit the door Benny. Good luck finding someone stupid enough to sign you…but check with Bergeron, he is likely stupid enough to give you a 2.4m raise and sign you to term.

Buff comes back and says…ya no more Chiarot but I told you I am not playing with ankers like Chiarot this year. Coaches say…good news Buff Chiarot is gone, we showed him the door, you get to play with Sami Niku. Buff says that’s it those guys don’t belong in the league (unless it is for some bottom feeder) I am outta here.

then Weber gets the anker…walking away I am hurt…..then Petry…um, my wife doesn’t like Canada (even though she lived in Canada his entire career) and he just sugned a long term contract in Montreal but I guess Petry forgot to consult his wife when he signed. 3 guys ankered…3 guys wanting out. Coincidence?
the wife hated the covid restrictions it had nothing to do with Canada,they JUST signed an extension :facepalm:

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Do you think Buff was happy playing with the worse partner in the roster.

Jets had Trouba, Morrissey, Myers, Kulikov and Chiarot. No one wanted to play with Chiarot and buff was doing the team a favour being ankered to him. He wanted to play with anyone good, but not 3 years chained to Chiarot. Do you think he went to management and said…no more Chiarot or I am walking. Jets tell Trouba…good news Jake you are with Chiarot next year…Trouba says oh no, I have seen what Byff has had to put up with…trade me. Myers is told Tyler buddy..good news next year you get to play with Chiarot….Myers says oh no, I am walking.

They let Chiarot walk for free. They couldn’t even trade him for a pick so hit the door Benny. Good luck finding someone stupid enough to sign you…but check with Bergeron, he is likely stupid enough to give you a 2.4m raise and sign you to term.

Buff comes back and says…ya no more Chiarot but I told you I am not playing with ankers like Chiarot this year. Coaches say…good news Buff Chiarot is gone, we showed him the door, you get to play with Sami Niku. Buff says that’s it those guys don’t belong in the league (unless it is for some bottom feeder) I am outta here.

then Weber gets the anker…walking away I am hurt…..then Petry…um, my wife doesn’t like Canada (even though she lived in Canada his entire career) and he just sugned a long term contract in Montreal but I guess Petry forgot to consult his wife when he signed. 3 guys ankered…3 guys wanting out. Coincidence?

This is really low level trolling, you need to up your game significantly. Or people are going to think you are just a moron, which I'm sure is not the case.

Ankered. Twice. That's amazing. You are a very special young man,

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is really low level trolling, you need to up your game significantly. Or people are going to think you are just a moron, which I'm sure is not the case.

Ankered. Twice. That's amazing. You are a very special young man,

Agreed. The devalue and comments are off the rails. Major distractions and a horrible culture to talk trades in good faith. So many have that approach too where others see it and think it's OK to do the same.

I feel bad for some of the Leafs fans who actually want to debate in good faith (1st rounder or something else where it's not a 1st). Regardless of what the actual return is, there is way too much trolling going on. Shame on those posters for creating distractions like that.

Someone is the other thread said Chiarot is only worth a 7th rounder. That's major flaming and should not be tolerated by the mods. If you want to devalue, at least spend the energy on 2nd and prospect, don't comment, or say not interested. Some people need a reality check on debating with respect.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd definitely take him.

Thank you for being honest and standing up to the devalue bullies. Regardless of what the actual return is for Chiarot, he does fit a need for the Leafs. Big mobile D man who is a guy you want to play with vs against. What is that worth? The market dictates that due to how many are interested, not fans.

The only area I wonder is Chiarot is a left handed shot where ideally, you want that same type but a right handed shot.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I get your point but Hoffman is not a good example. I don't think 5-10 NHL GM's were calling for him like they are with Chiarot. Habs will have options other than the Leafs and you don't want him so you don't have to worry about that.

I agree to some degree but I think we get very similar offers or better than what the Leafs are offering. If the situation was reversed, don't pretend that Leafs fans would not say the same thing.
I never bought into the idea of trading a player out of your conference, while accepting a lesser return. But sure if it's the same offer, sure move him out of your division or conference, if it makes you feel better. In 2011, we traded Kaberle to BOS, when we were at the bottom. Kaberle went on to win the Cup with them that year. In doing so it upgraded one of our conditional picks to a 2nd rounder. Am I lying awake at night to this day wishing he was traded to the West...it did not even cross my mind. Maybe Dubas has a hard-on for Chiarot, I have no clue. Just don't care to give up a 1st for him. I'd rather use our 1st and package it with something else and go after a better player.

Reactions: Just a Fan

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Makes no sense unless Chiarot can play the right side as effectively as he can the left

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Makes no sense unless Chiarot can play the right side as effectively as he can the left
He’s being showcased on the right side last half dozen games, one of the commentators speculated that could be at a request from an interested team. He’s probably looked better to be honest but the whole team is playing better

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I never bought into the idea of trading a player out of your conference, while accepting a lesser return. But sure if it's the same offer, sure move him out of your division or conference, if it makes you feel better. In 2011, we traded Kaberle to BOS, when we were at the bottom. Kaberle went on to win the Cup with them that year. In doing so it upgraded one of our conditional picks to a 2nd rounder. Am I lying awake at night to this day wishing he was traded to the West...it did not even cross my mind. Maybe Dubas has a hard-on for Chiarot, I have no clue. Just don't care to give up a 1st for him. I'd rather use our 1st and package it with something else and go after a better player.

If there are multiple offers, I do think teams make divisional rivals pay more or they get traded to another team. Maybe some GM's/teams are more worried about that than others? Not 100% sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree that it doesn't matter if they can play their off-side effectively, like Brodie. It does matter if they can't play their off-side effectively.

I agree with this. When it comes to Chiarot, I have seen him play RD but not to a large extent. Habs didn't really need him to play RD when we had Weber and Petry and yet I still have not seen him play too much RD. I think he can survive but is he as effective as Brodie? Not so sure about that

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: