Rumor: Chris Johnston: Some believe Toronto is the front runner for Ben Chiarot.

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
It's posted already. Not posting it again. Look at how he looks compared to McDonagh who is also a physical type who gets a lot of D zone starts. He measures up quite well but people think Chiarot is just some fringe top 4D guy who looked good cause he played with Weber. Well, he's providing the same numbers without Weber this year.

You have your mind already made up. So keep waiting cause I don't think you will change your mind even if there are positive context in many areas like Corsi/D Zone stars, Hits/60, Blocks/60, etc.
You know shit about advanced stats, and obviously can’t read. I did all the work for you, and the you come out and say chiarots corsi hasn’t dropped since playing with Weber. Yes they have. Take a look for yourself. The only time that props up any of his corsi numbers is when he is playing with Petry, who is now the guy that gets the anker attached to him. No wonder Petry wants out…first Buff says screw this I am not playing with a plug like him and leaves money on the table, the Weber says I am done, no way I am doing that shit job, and now Petry….ummm my wife doesn’t like Canada…get me out of here. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

and throwing out the witchcraft excuse again…that is the most hilarious thing ever post on HF. Bwahaahhhahaa

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
You know shit about advanced stats, and obviously can’t read. I did all the work for you, and the you come out and say chiarots corsi hasn’t dropped since playing with Weber. Yes they have. Take a look for yourself. The only time that props up any of his corsi numbers is when he is playing with Petry, who is now the guy that gets the anker attached to him. No wonder Petry wants out…first Buff says screw this I am not playing with a plug like him and leaves money on the table, the Weber says I am done, no way I am doing that shit job, and now Petry….ummm my wife doesn’t like Canada…get me out of here. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

and throwing out the witchcraft excuse again…that is the most hilarious thing ever post on HF. Bwahaahhhahaa
Chiarot really did a number on Big Buff for him to ‘leave money on the table’ when Ben was playing in Montreal when Dustin hung up the skates in 2019, Runner-Up maybe for most hilarious thing ever posted on HF or just Fan-Fiction

Reactions: barbu

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I mean I would love him. Obviously depends on the cost but there's no doubt in my mind the leafs need a defenseman/player like this for the playoffs.

I dont see us getting him though

Reactions: Magic Man

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I mean I would love him. Obviously depends on the cost but there's no doubt in my mind the leafs need a defenseman/player like this for the playoffs.

Agreed. I don’t want to trade a 1st for him, but a 2nd+ and I would be interested. Some team probably trades a 1st though….

Reactions: OVO16

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I do think you need a type like that but not sure the Habs/Leafs can come to agreement on a trade. However, can you talk to some fellow Leafs fans to tone down the aggression towards Chiarot? Some are making attempts that he makes ever single player he played with worse. It's almost like they think he is the worse Defenseman in the NHL and the 5-10 NHL GM's who are interested in him (including Dubas) are idiots.

Good luck in the playoffs and whatever moves you make at the deadline. Hoping for another Canadian team deep run.

Reactions: OVO16

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Chiarot really did a number on Big Buff for him to ‘leave money on the table’ when Ben was playing in Montreal when Dustin hung up the skates in 2019, Runner-Up maybe for most hilarious thing ever posted on HF or just Fan-Fiction
Buffs last season with the Jets was 2018-19 when he played 42 games with the Jets. Chiarots last season with the Jets was….tada….2018-19 when he played 78 games with the Jets.

Forget Runner-up…. You just took the title for most hilarious thing ever posted on any forum. I am betting you are a Habs fan. Ahh checked your posts…bingo.

That’s has to be embarrassing. Better start fact checking the shit you post. I can get my 5 year old nephew to teach you how to use google…he might have to teach you how to read first cause that is obviously another skill you are lacking. You guys are are making it to easy to show how little you know…. That is hilarious.

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
The refs are actually calling cross-checking this season... Why trade for Ben Chiarot when that's the main facet of his game

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
The refs are actually calling cross-checking this season... Why trade for Ben Chiarot when that's the main facet of his game

Spoken like someone who only watched the 2021 playoffs. Here's all of the 38 minutes in 48 games he's accrued this year. Just one cross-checking penalty.

IcyData » Player Stats » Penalties for 2021-2022 Regular Season

In the shortened 2021 season? One.

IcyData » Player Stats » Penalties for 2020-2021 Regular Season

2019-20? Two.

IcyData » Player Stats » Penalties for 2019-2020 Regular Season

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Buffs last season with the Jets was 2018-19 when he played 42 games with the Jets. Chiarots last season with the Jets was….tada….2018-19 when he played 78 games with the Jets.

Forget Runner-up…. You just took the title for most hilarious thing ever posted on any forum. I am betting you are a Habs fan. Ahh checked your posts…bingo.

That’s has to be embarrassing. Better start fact checking the shit you post. I can get my 5 year old nephew to teach you how to use google…he might have to teach you how to read first cause that is obviously another skill you are lacking. You guys are are making it to easy to show how little you know…. That is hilarious.
I think I figured out Google, good read below on Buffs timeline if you happened to be interested in reality

Just to avoid any confusion Chiarot signed with Montreal as a UFA July 4, 2019 then 2 months later Buff tells the Jets GM he’s not reporting to camp and not sure if he wants to play hockey anymore - maybe he just couldn’t carry on without Ben as his D partner - later that season they mutually terminate the contract, a full 9 months after Ben signed with Montreal.

A timeline of how Dustin Byfuglien's tenure with the Jets ended - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
As a Habs fan I do not under any circumstances want them to make any trades with Toronto.

I never want to help a rival even at the possibility of getting a good prospect down the road.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
As a Habs fan I do not under any circumstances want them to make any trades with Toronto.

I never want to help a rival even at the possibility of getting a good prospect down the road.
Interesting take….I dislike the Habs as well, but I don’t care if we trade with them if it improves the Leafs….even if it also helps the Habs.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
I think I figured out Google, good read below on Buffs timeline if you happened to be interested in reality

Just to avoid any confusion Chiarot signed with Montreal as a UFA July 4, 2019 then 2 months later Buff tells the Jets GM he’s not reporting to camp and not sure if he wants to play hockey anymore - maybe he just couldn’t carry on without Ben as his D partner - later that season they mutually terminate the contract, a full 9 months after Ben signed with Montreal.

A timeline of how Dustin Byfuglien's tenure with the Jets ended - Sportsnet.ca
Do you think Buff was happy playing with the worse partner in the roster.

Jets had Trouba, Morrissey, Myers, Kulikov and Chiarot. No one wanted to play with Chiarot and buff was doing the team a favour being ankered to him. He wanted to play with anyone good, but not 3 years chained to Chiarot. Do you think he went to management and said…no more Chiarot or I am walking. Jets tell Trouba…good news Jake you are with Chiarot next year…Trouba says oh no, I have seen what Byff has had to put up with…trade me. Myers is told Tyler buddy..good news next year you get to play with Chiarot….Myers says oh no, I am walking.

They let Chiarot walk for free. They couldn’t even trade him for a pick so hit the door Benny. Good luck finding someone stupid enough to sign you…but check with Bergeron, he is likely stupid enough to give you a 2.4m raise and sign you to term.

Buff comes back and says…ya no more Chiarot but I told you I am not playing with ankers like Chiarot this year. Coaches say…good news Buff Chiarot is gone, we showed him the door, you get to play with Sami Niku. Buff says that’s it those guys don’t belong in the league (unless it is for some bottom feeder) I am outta here.

then Weber gets the anker…walking away I am hurt…..then Petry…um, my wife doesn’t like Canada (even though she lived in Canada his entire career) and he just sugned a long term contract in Montreal but I guess Petry forgot to consult his wife when he signed. 3 guys ankered…3 guys wanting out. Coincidence?

Reactions: phil4433

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Chariot (50% retained) for protected 2022 1st (top 10 protected) +2023 2nd, and he’s yours :nod:

you can add an expiring cap dumb also.

I wouldn’t sell low to leafs .

i think Chariot would help the leafs a lot .‍♂️

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Jets had Trouba, Morrissey, Myers, Kulikov and Chiarot. No one wanted to play with Chiarot and buff was doing the team a favour being ankered to him. He wanted to play with anyone good, but not 3 years chained to Chiarot. Do you think he went to management and said…no more Chiarot or I am walking. Jets tell Trouba…good news Jake you are with Chiarot next year…Trouba says oh no, I have seen what Byff has had to put up with…trade me. Myers is told Tyler buddy..good news next year you get to play with Chiarot….Myers says oh no, I am walking.

They let Chiarot walk for free. They couldn’t even trade him for a pick so hit the door Benny. Good luck finding someone stupid enough to sign you…but check with Bergeron, he is likely stupid enough to give you a 2.4m raise and sign you to term.

Buff comes back and says…ya no more Chiarot but I told you I am not playing with ankers like Chiarot this year. Coaches say…good news Buff Chiarot is gone, we showed him the door, you get to play with Sami Niku. Buff says that’s it those guys don’t belong in the league (unless it is for some bottom feeder) I am outta here.

then Weber gets the anker…walking away I am hurt…..then Petry…um, my wife doesn’t like Canada (even though she lived in Canada his entire career) and he just sugned a long term contract in Montreal but I guess Petry forgot to consult his wife when he signed. 3 guys ankered…3 guys wanting out. Coincidence?
Source for any of the above or all conspiracy theories? What’s easier as a manager, tell your 3 best D-men that Ben will not be resigned and keep them or let them all walk through different avenues and spend a decade to replace them?

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014

Not that I want Chiarot, but this is really dumb logic for a team at the bottom of the league going into a full rebuild. You sell your assets at the TDL to the highest bidder. Look at what Ottawa did with Mike Hoffman. They traded him to the West and then was flipped back the same day to Florida by SJ for a profit of 3 draft picks. lol. You're team is not going to competitive for a few years, trading a UFA to rival doesn't affect your teams future at all, selling the player short will however.

Reactions: JAVO16 and malcb33

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Sorry but I'm not buying that angle cause Chiarot is not the only one who takes penalties by playing physical and/or the usage their coach puts them in against other teams. Some context into this (like it or not)

Defenseman that have higher PIM/TOI% vs Chiarot this season:
Pretty sure you don't say no to several guys in that mix and I didn't list them all.
* Trouba 5.9%
* Manson 5.8%
* Gudbranson 5.8%
* DeAngelo 5.2%
* Zadorov 5.1%
* Chychrun 4.3%
* Giordano 3.9%
* Krug 3.8%
* Dahlin 3.7%
* Dumba 3.6%
* McAvoy 3.6%
* Orlov 3.6%

Defenseman that have higher PIM/TOI% vs Chiarot last playoffs: Pretty sure you don't say no to several guys in that mix and I didn't list them all.
* Orlov 5.1%
* Weber 5.1%
* Carlson 4.6%
* Hamilton 4.3%
* Cernak 3.8%
* Ekholm 3.8%
* Pietrangelo 3.8%
* Sergachev 3.6%
* Letang 3.5%
* Rielly 3.4%

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not that I want Chiarot, but this is really dumb logic for a team at the bottom of the league going into a full rebuild. You sell your assets at the TDL to the highest bidder. Look at what Ottawa did with Mike Hoffman. They traded him to the West and then was flipped back the same day to Florida by SJ for a profit of 3 draft picks. lol. You're team is not going to competitive for a few years, trading a UFA to rival doesn't affect your teams future at all, selling the player short will however.

I get your point but Hoffman is not a good example. I don't think 5-10 NHL GM's were calling for him like they are with Chiarot. Habs will have options other than the Leafs and you don't want him so you don't have to worry about that.

I agree to some degree but I think we get very similar offers or better than what the Leafs are offering. If the situation was reversed, don't pretend that Leafs fans would not say the same thing.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

You just made my day.

“Anker”
“The worse partner”
“Check with Bergeron”
“Sugned”

I’m not sure if I should be laughing at the outright fabrications/nonsense and word salad or nodding sympathetically and telling you I’m very proud of you for trying so hard.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
You just made my day.

“Anker”
“The worse partner”
“Check with Bergeron”
“Sugned”

I’m not sure if I should be laughing at the outright fabrications/nonsense and word salad or nodding sympathetically and telling you I’m very proud of you for trying so hard.
To be fair, there are many posters on this site that English isn't their 1st language....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad