Child Prodigy

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Could he be the first exceptional status for the WHL?

Possibly but I'll reserve judgement. I've seen guys like Dach do amazing only to have other players (like Krebs) catch up to him. Wait and see how he does in a year or 2 development wise.

Don't think so...plus he's small.

Have you ever seen him? Also he's got very good size for 5'8" 130 lbs at 12 YEARS OLD.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
When Kieran Brown isn't selected for GB U18s

incredulous.gif

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
There was an article in the hockey news about agents chasing a 12 year old from Toronto in the GTHL and hails him as potentially the next McDavid without naming him. Does anyone know the name of the player they were talking about?

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
He moved to British Columbia to play in Canada's minor hockey, is learning English, and is training with Pavel Barber.

There is a GoPro video with him on Youtube.

Will be WHL draft eligible in 2018?

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Yeah. Amazing skills. :sarcasm:

Such skills are nice to watch, but in game you need also something else. Look for Toams Jurco videos. What a hype was there, after he was drafted. And now?

Why :sarcasm:?

It's truly amazing skill, but competitive hockey is much more than just skill.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
He moved to British Columbia to play in Canada's minor hockey, is learning English, and is training with Pavel Barber.

There is a GoPro video with him on Youtube.

The bolded may be what the gopro video says, but I don't think it is accurate. I think he just comes here for tournaments and spring hockey, but still lives in Japan other than when he is here for spring hockey.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
there was a kid a few years ago named Horylchuck or something, but I haven't heard anything since. Other than that, nothing since Tavares has had the hype.

That was Panthers draft pick Jayce Hawryluk. He was a child prodigy, but is now just a solid prospect.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPGLdHEjGtK/?taken-by=impact_hockey

Tomas Mrsic mentioned on this thread quite a bit, skates well, eh?

Meh...I wouldn't label that a child prodigy for 2006. There are tons of kids in Canada that age that are at par or quicker than that, but really, there has to be something REALLY special about a 8-9 year old kid to fathom him being a young phenom. Look up Gretzky's Novice season totals (I saw it at Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto), now that is phenomenal. I think Sid had astronomical numbers too at that age.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
meh...i wouldn't label that a child prodigy for 2006. There are tons of kids in canada that age that are at par or quicker than that, but really, there has to be something really special about a 8-9 year old kid to fathom him being a young phenom. Look up gretzky's novice season totals (i saw it at gretzky's restaurant in toronto), now that is phenomenal. I think sid had astronomical numbers too at that age.

I'd love to see the tons of kids skate better then this kid.

He has superior skating dynamics then a lot of professional players.

Who knows how good a player he is, but he is a phenomenal skater, which has a lot to do with being blessed, which he is, and that alone has the potential to take him far.

Last edited:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I bet there are quicker kids, but his skating mechanics are incredible for someone his age. Certainly promising.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Meh...I wouldn't label that a child prodigy for 2006. There are tons of kids in Canada that age that are at par or quicker than that, but really, there has to be something REALLY special about a 8-9 year old kid to fathom him being a young phenom. Look up Gretzky's Novice season totals (I saw it at Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto), now that is phenomenal. I think Sid had astronomical numbers too at that age.

He may not be a Gretzky (who is?) or Crosby but he was named the playoff MVP of the Brick last July (doubling the next kid in total and outscoring by over 3 times as much), and would have been tournament MVP/scoring leader if he wasn't down with serious illness at that time.

This kid may not be a "prodigy" but then there isn't one among the '06's. Not BarretD, not DrydenK, not JordanG, not MassimoU, not WilliamM, not BryceM, not ReeceL. ThomasM is clearly really special, and a young phenom.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
He may not be a Gretzky (who is?) or Crosby but he was named the playoff MVP of the Brick last July (doubling the next kid in total and outscoring by over 3 times as much), and would have been tournament MVP/scoring leader if he wasn't down with serious illness at that time.

This kid may not be a "prodigy" but then there isn't one among the '06's. Not BarretD, not DrydenK, not JordanG, not MassimoU, not WilliamM, not BryceM, not ReeceL. ThomasM is clearly really special, and a young phenom.

I wish him all the best, but "Child Prodigy" is a bit too much for a kid that just turned 11 years old, that should only be a label for the Gretzkys and Crosbys. There have been a lot of kids who tore it up in Atom and Pee Wee over the years, wait until Bantam starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad