Child Prodigy

J Campion

Dec 5, 2016
Im not convinced he'll be physically ready in time.

There's honestly like 9 others in his region who are as good as or near him it's crazy. 2003 group out of Lac St.Louis has a ton of talent.

Watch for these guys in the coming years:

All first year Bantam's

Charles Alexis Legault, hes a smooth skating defenceman, has all the tools to play Midget next year. Shot, release, physicality, was ranked as the best D in Quebec for Peewee last year.

Charles-Emile Duciaume, not as good as Legault, but this kid is already 6'1 and probably 175 pounds, hes a physically punishing defender, with a great shot, his strength is his biggest asset. Should be next in the line of Conquerants players to get surclassed to Midget, following the footsteps or Parent, Poulin and Bordeleau.

Robert Orr, the kid can fly, amazing speed, fluid, explosive, add to that he's strong, has good skills, and a great shot. He's one of the kid's who could go up to Midget next year.

James Malatesta, similar to Orr, probably a better scorer, insane strength for his age, I swear this kid may have a pro shot now, and when he's 15 he'll have an NHL shot, just unbelievable strength.

Those are a few guys to watch for, each could possibly play Midget AAA next season, along with Tingling.

Also Joshua Roy is another name to watch, finished behind Tingling in scoring, but had like 49 goals and 90 points in Peewee, shredded the league. He's a big kid, fast, strong, has hands, hockey sense. He may pass Tinling. I wouldn't be surprised if he played Midget next year.

In 2 years watch for a D man out of the Drummondville area, too young to talk about now, but he's playing underaged in Bantam, and MAY end up being the best QC D since Letang.

I have to agree on Legault, he's a very impressive defenseman for a 1st year player, he's good at everything, he's big, and he's always in great position.

Two other 2003 that I like are forwards Zachary L'Heureux from the Grenadiers and Mattias Weistche from Abitibi.

Who's the underager from Drummondville you're talking about?

Last edited:

J Campion

Dec 5, 2016
I've also heard good things on Beland and Gentile. Looking to be a really nice class of players.

Yes, Massimo Gentile is another guy to look out for, although he'll need to get taller and bigger before being considered a big-time prospect. He is a very fast player, very intense, motor never stops, puck sticks to him. He's a pure goal-scorer, finds the inside of the net very easily.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I have to agree on Legault, he's a very impressive defenseman for a 1st year player, he's good at everything, he's big, and he's always in great position.

Two other 2003 that I like are forwards Zachary L'Heureux from the Grenadiers and Mattias Weistche from Abitibi.

Who's the underager from Drummondville you're talking about?

I believe Weistcges is a 2002.

L'Heureux is small from what I remember, he didn't impress me but that was pre-season.

Luneau.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Anyone remember Mitchell Davis? I remember seeing him on the news when he was 11.

He never got anywhere though. It's interesting how someone can be amazingly good in their age group at age 11, and then fall off by their teenage years.

Firecracker

Jul 3, 2015
Connor Bedard is leading the Pat Quinn Classic in the Peewee Elite level. It is a tournament with most of the best 04s in western North America he is an 05. He has 14 points the next closest has 9.

Reactions: Matsun

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Anyone remember Mitchell Davis? I remember seeing him on the news when he was 11.

He never got anywhere though. It's interesting how someone can be amazingly good in their age group at age 11, and then fall off by their teenage years.

That's an example of a prodigy being pushed in the wrong direction. If these kids have no guidance, then their potential is likely to never be reached.

Kids don't usually fall off for no reason. In Mitchell Davis' case he was burnt out by dumb adults that had him weight training too young and destroying his body.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Child Prodigies Thread #2

I figured I would make a more recent thread for this since the first one was very old. Who right now looks to be the next child prodigy? Is there anybody on the radar right now looking to be the next Linnros, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid?

J Campion

Dec 5, 2016
Part of the fun in this type of thread is to look back at older posts and see who we were talking about years ago. Isn't it?

I don't see the point in making a new thread.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Part of the fun in this type of thread is to look back at older posts and see who we were talking about years ago. Isn't it?

I don't see the point in making a new thread.

Agreed. It was cool seeing people mention Mackinnon mentioned years before the draft.

MOD: merged

Last edited by a moderator:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Connor Bedard is leading the Pat Quinn Classic in the Peewee Elite level. It is a tournament with most of the best 04s in western North America he is an 05. He has 14 points the next closest has 9.

Yes, he has been mentioned earlier in this thread ('05 playing PeeWee A1 previous year).

In fairness, it looks like NSWC had a couple of blowouts against Island teams, so that helps. He is playing in his second year of PeeWee, and I assume will go to Bantam A1 next year.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I figured I would make a more recent thread for this since the first one was very old. Who right now looks to be the next child prodigy? Is there anybody on the radar right now looking to be the next Linnros, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid?

In the latest hockey news they mention a 12-year old kid from the Toronto area as he's being heavily recruited by agents. The one scout says that some think he could be "the next one". The next Connor McDavid or John Tavares it says. They don't mention his name.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
In the latest hockey news they mention a 12-year old kid from the Toronto area as he's being heavily recruited by agents. The one scout says that some think he could be "the next one". The next Connor McDavid or John Tavares it says. They don't mention his name.

There's a very good 04 playing a year up on a juggernaut Don Mills team. He looks very advanced.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
No question that Savoie is one to keep an eye on. He should be the 1st ov pick in his bantam year. Unbelievably advanced for his age and not really benefitting from size, as we've seen many dominant AMBHL players do over the years.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
No question that Savoie is one to keep an eye on. He should be the 1st ov pick in his bantam year. Unbelievably advanced for his age and not really benefitting from size, as we've seen many dominant AMBHL players do over the years.

He is on a stacked, dominant team this season but many times when I've watched them he's been the best player on the ice. Less points than his brother Carter but looks more dynamic and is 2 years younger. Last time I looked he was tied for 2nd in the league in goals which is very impressive. Hovering around 2 ppg and 1 Gpg all season.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
He is on a stacked, dominant team this season but many times when I've watched them he's been the best player on the ice. Less points than his brother Carter but looks more dynamic and is 2 years younger. Last time I looked he was tied for 2nd in the league in goals which is very impressive. Hovering around 2 ppg and 1 Gpg all season.

Could he be the first exceptional status for the WHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad