Child Prodigy

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
What a perfect name. :yo: Hope he will make it to international level. That will be a challenge for every color commentator.

Loll I can't help but say that actually is kind of amazing. He literally might just go by a widely called nickname (Q or whatever)

Jake wise. One of the more dominant peewee players I've seen. Watched him play in that tournament in Quebec and he lit it up. Keep your eye on him

Joey Veleno, he's probably the best 2000 in QC. He's bigger then most of the kids though.

He will likely play Midget AAA at 14... From there I don't know. Someone to watch for though.

He might have a shot.

I'm not going to call this kid a prodigy, but a name to keep an eye out for as a little guy in New England is Jake Wise. 2000 born player, set a new scoring record in Tournois International De Hockey Pee-Wee de Quebec (or called the Q around here). 19 points in 6 games. Time will tell if he continues to develop along this path.

Nice ones.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Markus Almquist (2003), Rødovre, Denmark

I have mentioned him a few times in the Danish prospects thread (in the Northern Europe forum) and I believe he deserves to be mentioned here also.
He has just turned 13 (September 13) and will be eligible for the 2021 NHL draft.

A smooth skater, technically excellent and a prolific goal scorer. He is dominating Danish junior hockey like few before him, actually I can only remember Frans Nielsen and Mikkel Boedker being this dominant, when they were at his age.

Some of his achievements as a U13 player (international tournaments) 2015-2016:
2-4 Jan. 2015
He participated in Lilla Resport 15 in Värmland, Sweden. It is Europe's largest tournament for players born 2003 with 32 participating teams from Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany and Denmark. Among around 500 hockey players he ended up as no. 3 on the high-scorer list with 17 goals and 6 assists in 8 games. He was elected to the all-star team and was elected tournament MVP.

Video from a game, he is wearing no. 87:

5-6 Sep. 2015 (as a 2 year underager)
Bålstacupen (U15 tournament) (SWE), Rødovre wins the bronze medals with a 2-1 victory against Göta Traneberg. The Rødovre goals are both scored by Marcus. On a very strong Rødovre team with some of the best U15 players in Denmark, Marcus becomes top scorer.

The video is from one of the games, he is wearing no. 87:

11-13 Sep. 2015 (as a 1 year underager)
Elite Hotels Cup (U14 tournament) (SWE), Rødovre wins the gold medals with a 6-1 victory against Växjö Lakers. Marcus makes 4 goals and 1 assist in the final. In the tournament he scores half of his teams 38 goals (19 goals and 4 assists).

Video:

Skåne U15 league (SWE) (2 year underager)
Rødovre has been allowed to participate in Skånes J18, U15, U14 and U13 leagues. Skåne is one of 7 districts in the Swedish Southern hockey region.
14 GP, 16 G, 7 A, 23 P
No. 4 on the topscorer list for points
No. 1 on the topscorer list for goals

Some of his achievements as a U13 player (Denmark) 2015-2016:

U15 PULJETURNERING A (as a 2 year underager)
A tournament for the 6 best Danish U15 teams played in August and November 2015. 10 games in total for each team.
10 GP, 13 G, 6 A, 19 P
He was no. 3 on both points and goals high scorer list.

Eastern Denmark U15 league (as a 2 year underager)
The Eastern Denmark league for U15 players (regular season league with 30 games for each team).
24 GP, 60 G, 21 A, 81 P
He was no. 1 on both points and goals high scorer list.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Update on Kieran Brown (Iowa Wild again)

Based on the opponents it looks like a low end tier 1 tournament. Most of those teams would lose handily to the top US 01 teams.

Sorry but it's not that misguided. Those teams are not very good relative to the top end 01 teams out there in North America. 1 point a game at that level is nice for someone from a non hockey country but he's not putting up numbers against the SSMs of the hockey world.

He's the only '01 on their U16 team which is now ranked #27 in the country.

They've even beat some top end programs such as the Buffalo Jr. Sabres and they've very much held their own against top 10 ranked Dallas Stars Elite.

They're even ranked higher than Victory Honda, LA Jr. Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins Elite, CYA, etc.

Brown himself, 7GP 2G 3A 5PTS good for 18th among U16 scorers.

Prodigy? Still no.

Impressive? Yes.

But people love to put down new programs & players from non-traditional countries, often saying nonsense like they can't compete with top AAA teams/players. That's usually because close minded people refuse to give kids a fair look, choosing instead to judge them based on where they're from/where they play.

hypperbola

Aug 21, 2013
Czech Republic
This is simply a question, i couldn't afford to ask - How many goalies in age of 14 have you seen? :sarcasm:

Just kidding. Now serious. His numbers are very good. Is he a 2020 draft class?

Yeah, not too many for sure. I've seen only czech goalies is that age. Mrazek, Stepanek, Pavelec, Francouz, Machovsky, Vladar, Stezka, Mazanec, amazing 2018 prospect Lukas Dostal or 2019 prospect Lukas Parik but Nick Malik is so far the best.

Pudhee

Nov 3, 2016
Bedard.....Mrsic.....Virk

Was actually mentioned earlier in this thread in 2015, just after he turned 10.

And there is this other kid, an oheight. You will be hearing more about him.

....after 05 bedard & 06 mrsic, the 07 to watch for is a kid named Virk, apparently has been in the top 3 of scoring of every tournament.

....the 08 kids to watch for will be a kid name Lee and Bitonti....

Pudhee

Nov 3, 2016
Bedard.....Mrsic.....Virk

after 05 bedard & 06 Mrsic, kids to keep an eye on are 07's Virk & Lafreniere......top 3 scoring all tournaments...then 08's Lee & bitonti also top scorers

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Just an update on Matthew Savoie: In the early going, he leads the Alberta Bantam league in points as an underrage player.

https://twitter.com/rossmaclean/status/785549730340147201

This kid is amazing. The AMBHL has produced a lot of NHL players and I can't remember another underager who stepped into the league with such ease.

Just in recent memory (ignore draft placement) - Benson was cut from SSAC and was only able to play AA at the same age. He went on to set the league's all-time scoring record. Should be an interesting guy to follow.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
To compare, Savoie now has more points than Zach Stringer did last year as an underage player and Stringer is the favourite for #1 in the 2018 Bantam draft.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Atiqtalaaq Uuttuvak, goes by "Q". Kid from Nunavut.

This kid has received some press because his mother calls CBC North to pump his tires and crowd fund his hockey. Pretty smart on her part to get other people to pay for her kid's hockey, however he is a single A player in the real world. He's not even trending towards junior hockey, let alone pro, let alone child prodigy status.

There was another story I read last year about the next Tootoo out of Nunavut, and it was a 19 year old kid playing junior C in Manitoba. Yikes. Some people are so naive.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
after 05 bedard & 06 Mrsic, kids to keep an eye on are 07's Virk & Lafreniere......top 3 scoring all tournaments...then 08's Lee & bitonti also top scorers

Please dont come in here listing Mites to watch. Bad enough people are listing squirts because of the Brick tournament but I can understand getting a shout out if you completely dominate Brick the way Bedard did. Some of the others not so much.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

I know this kid who hasn't been born yet . . .

But (less jokingly ) I friendly bet "my" mite outscores "your" mites at the Brick in 2018.

J Campion

Dec 5, 2016
How good a player is that youngster Dovar Tinling i think his name was?

Hi, I have been following Bantam AAA hockey for hockeyprospect.com, and I have seen Dovar Tinling play a couple of times this season.

Right off the bat I knew he was a player to watch, since he had posted 53 goals & 38 assists for 91 points in Pee Wee AAA last season in just 28 games, being far and away the top scorer in the league.

He is quite the player indeed. He is a winger that thinks the game at a very high speed and has all the abilities you're looking for in a high-scoring forward. He has good size already at 13, he is strong, his skating is top-notch, his shot is hard and accurate, his release is fast and his hockey sense are off the charts. And with that, I believe his vision/playmaking skills are his best traits.

I am looking forward to see how he improves in the 2nd half of the season.

Child prodigy, I'm not sure just yet, but he certainly is someone to look out for. He could be in Midget AAA as soon as next season.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
incredible how you folks in Quebec have diluted your hockey
in the same mdAAA league you have 14 and 17 yr olds
and every one is an exceptional

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Hi, I have been following Bantam AAA hockey for hockeyprospect.com, and I have seen Dovar Tinling play a couple of times this season.

Right off the bat I knew he was a player to watch, since he had posted 53 goals & 38 assists for 91 points in Pee Wee AAA last season in just 28 games, being far and away the top scorer in the league.

He is quite the player indeed. He is a winger that thinks the game at a very high speed and has all the abilities you're looking for in a high-scoring forward. He has good size already at 13, he is strong, his skating is top-notch, his shot is hard and accurate, his release is fast and his hockey sense are off the charts. And with that, I believe his vision/playmaking skills are his best traits.

I am looking forward to see how he improves in the 2nd half of the season.

Child prodigy, I'm not sure just yet, but he certainly is someone to look out for. He could be in Midget AAA as soon as next season.
Im not convinced he'll be physically ready in time.

There's honestly like 9 others in his region who are as good as or near him it's crazy. 2003 group out of Lac St.Louis has a ton of talent.

Watch for these guys in the coming years:

All first year Bantam's

Charles Alexis Legault, hes a smooth skating defenceman, has all the tools to play Midget next year. Shot, release, physicality, was ranked as the best D in Quebec for Peewee last year.

Charles-Emile Duciaume, not as good as Legault, but this kid is already 6'1 and probably 175 pounds, hes a physically punishing defender, with a great shot, his strength is his biggest asset. Should be next in the line of Conquerants players to get surclassed to Midget, following the footsteps or Parent, Poulin and Bordeleau.

Robert Orr, the kid can fly, amazing speed, fluid, explosive, add to that he's strong, has good skills, and a great shot. He's one of the kid's who could go up to Midget next year.

James Malatesta, similar to Orr, probably a better scorer, insane strength for his age, I swear this kid may have a pro shot now, and when he's 15 he'll have an NHL shot, just unbelievable strength.

Those are a few guys to watch for, each could possibly play Midget AAA next season, along with Tingling.

Also Joshua Roy is another name to watch, finished behind Tingling in scoring, but had like 49 goals and 90 points in Peewee, shredded the league. He's a big kid, fast, strong, has hands, hockey sense. He may pass Tinling. I wouldn't be surprised if he played Midget next year.

In 2 years watch for a D man out of the Drummondville area, too young to talk about now, but he's playing underaged in Bantam, and MAY end up being the best QC D since Letang.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

There's honestly like 9 others in his region who are as good as or near him it's crazy. 2003 group out of Lac St.Louis has a ton of talent.

All first year Bantam's

Charles Alexis Legault, hes a smooth skating defenceman, has all the tools to play Midget next year. Shot, release, physicality, was ranked as the best D in Quebec for Peewee last year.

Charles-Emile Duciaume, not as good as Legault, but this kid is already 6'1 and probably 175 pounds, hes a physically punishing defender, with a great shot, his strength is his biggest asset. Should be next in the line of Conquerants players to get surclassed to Midget, following the footsteps or Parent, Poulin and Bordeleau.

Robert Orr, the kid can fly, amazing speed, fluid, explosive, add to that he's strong, has good skills, and a great shot. He's one of the kid's who could go up to Midget next year.

James Malatesta, similar to Orr, probably a better scorer, insane strength for his age, I swear this kid may have a pro shot now, and when he's 15 he'll have an NHL shot, just unbelievable strength.

Those are a few guys to watch for, each could possibly play Midget AAA next season, along with Tingling.

In 2 years watch for a D man out of the Drummondville area, too young to talk about now, but he's playing underaged in Bantam, and MAY end up being the best QC D since Letang.

Robert Orr? So his nickname would be Bobby? :laugh:

Especially if he can skate as well as you said.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010

All first year Bantam's

Also Joshua Roy is another name to watch, finished behind Tingling in scoring, but had like 49 goals and 90 points in Peewee, shredded the league. He's a big kid, fast, strong, has hands, hockey sense. He may pass Tinling. I wouldn't be surprised if he played Midget next year.

I've also heard good things on Beland and Gentile. Looking to be a really nice class of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad