Child Prodigy

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
People coming in here and raining on those that want to spend a hot minute talking about the next big talent is the definition of not minding your own business.

People were talking about Wayne when he was 10 (30 years before HF was born btw...). Is that so weird?

If you think it's too young, don't read.
Talking about them, sure.

Making a whole thread about them that tracks their career? A bit invasive don’t you think?

Making threads about 10-year-olds that had a good tournament at the Brick invitational is definitely in the weird category when these kids may be playing multiple sports. Imagine being 10, 11, or 12 and finding a bunch of grown men talking about you?

They’re also no Dustin Rose.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Making a whole thread about them that tracks their career? A bit invasive don’t you think?

Making threads about 10-year-olds that had a good tournament at the Brick invitational is definitely in the weird category when these kids may be playing multiple sports. Imagine being 10, 11, or 12 and finding a bunch of grown men talking about you?

I mean when you are playing in the Brick invitational even at 10-11 the amount of money/time invested by parents in their kids is incredible ,like it or not its not like these are normal 10-11 year olds lol they are pretty priviledged kids who get to play hockey at the highest level of whatever age group they are , Its not like people are just pulling random 10 year olds out of a hat and stalking them lol

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

He kicked a polar bear's ass the other day and dragged a seal out of pack ice with his teeth.

Generational.

Reactions: Brew and DaveG

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

I think it is less talking about a child, more just talking about an athletic profile. It could go the realm of invasive and yeah, that's a fine line but I think when the topic surrounds the brick tournament and gets some traction once or twice a year it's within the boundaries of appropriate. It happens in a sport like golf way more than here.

Didn't Pavel Barber chime in on the Aito Iguchi thread way back when? It's just one instance but when the kids coach comes in and fans the flames you would think the attention is not unappreciated.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I think it is less talking about a child, more just talking about an athletic profile. It could go the realm of invasive and yeah, that's a fine line but I think when the topic surrounds the brick tournament and gets some traction once or twice a year it's within the boundaries of appropriate. It happens in a sport like golf way more than here.

Didn't Pavel Barber chime in on the Aito Iguchi thread way back when? It's just one instance but when the kids coach comes in and fans the flames you would think the attention is not unappreciated.
Pavel Barber is a clown. That whole situation he had going on with Iguchi was disgusting. Hyping this kid up to no end and having everyone believe he was a legit future NHL star. Realistically would have been a run of the mill travel hockey player in North America. He used Iguchi, who was no more than 12 at the time, for his own clout. I’ve never had any respect for him since

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I mean when you are playing in the Brick invitational even at 10-11 the amount of money/time invested by parents in their kids is incredible ,like it or not its not like these are normal 10-11 year olds lol they are pretty priviledged kids who get to play hockey at the highest level of whatever age group they are , Its not like people are just pulling random 10 year olds out of a hat and stalking them lol

Bring them up here, sure. I was more against when a random poster started making profiles for all the kids in the Brick tournament.

Let’s fan the flames a little and let them develop first. While the parents have invested money, many of the players at this tournament also don't go on to play in the NHL. Privileged or not, how bout we start covering them with threads when they’re in an advanced league like the USHL, not squirts travel hockey.

I’ve got so many issues that someone else already listed with Barber.

Imagine a profile on that kid and the expectations set, then for him to fizzle out.

Kid may have never had that potential, but imagine the pressure of him not living up to what was to be expected.

Reactions: PlayersLtd

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Pavel Barber is a clown. That whole situation he had going on with Iguchi was disgusting. Hyping this kid up to no end and having everyone believe he was a legit future NHL star. Realistically would have been a run of the mill travel hockey player in North America. He used Iguchi, who was no more than 12 at the time, for his own clout. I’ve never had any respect for him since
I didn't interpret it that way back then or read the criticism but you're right.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00