Child Prodigy

richardson100

Mar 16, 2008
Alright, so I know that child prodigies in hockey only come along once in a blue, but they do happen. Crosby first got noticed when he was 13. Are there any youngsters who are starting to raise some eye brows like Crosby did?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
there was a kid a few years ago named Horylchuck or something, but I haven't heard anything since. Other than that, nothing since Tavares has had the hype.

DreamCatcher*

wasn't there a news feature on a kid that scored 200+ goals in a season?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I remember a tv special on Russian hockey a couple years back, and they feature a kid named Zhenya Kuznetsov who was tearing up his league at age 12.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Anyone remember that kid, I think he was maybe from B.C....his name was something like "Ocean _ _ _ _ _ _"..I can remember his last name...but I remember thinking...who names their kid Ocean??? And maybe he actually will be good...

The Korean*

Any Badgers fans here? A 14 year old committed to Wisconsin.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Anyone remember that kid, I think he was maybe from B.C....his name was something like "Ocean _ _ _ _ _ _"..I can remember his last name...but I remember thinking...who names their kid Ocean??? And maybe he actually will be good...
Ocean Wiesblatt...he with the brother named Orca Wiesblatt

hockeywhiz

Aug 21, 2008
next version of Stall brothers

Where's Orca Wiesblat :P

Didn't you see Orca Wiesblatt in Chicago last summer. He was the only 2000 born player on 1999 Chicago Selects team in Las Vegas. He joined Ocean and his teammates for one major tournament. Orca and Ocean were the only British Columbia born players representing 1999 Chicago Cougars.
I was a junior instructor at try out camp and saw four Wiesblatt boys. They're awesome. They are talking about Wiesblatt boys becoming next great hockey family. Of course, hockey is a great passion in Canada where Sutters, Niedermayers, Stalls, and Wiesblatts come from. One of parents mentioned to me that Ocean is riding 120 to 150 km every week during summer time. Other interesting thing about Ocean, he had been growing his hair in order to donate it for wigs for those battling cancer. I think it was about 15 inches that he donated. so, he's extremely mature and has a mental toughness. I could see he has a strong leadership as well.
However, I heard another rumor about Wiesblatt boys that a neighbouring association tried to recruit them because they would put Ocean in pee wee level instead of Atom and other kids in higher level. But, they backed out because their local minor hockey association threatened them with a long term suspension. Anyway, Wiesblatt boys are true child prodigies.

AgentNaslund*

Alright, so I know that child prodigies in hockey only come along once in a blue, but they do happen. Crosby first got noticed when he was 13. Are there any youngsters who are starting to raise some eye brows like Crosby did?

Dave Gagner knew about Cody Hodgsons and Steve Stamkos when they were both 11 years old.

Jason Spezza was known by alot of scouts when he was age 11.

Sidney Crosby was probably discovered way before the age of 13.

Alot of star players get discovered, dosent mean, its "hes gonna be a super star"
but more like, "hes probably gonna end up playing in the NHL one day" type

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Didn't you see Orca Wiesblatt in Chicago last summer. He was the only 2000 born player on 1999 Chicago Selects team in Las Vegas. He joined Ocean and his teammates for one major tournament. Orca and Ocean were the only British Columbia born players representing 1999 Chicago Cougars.
I was a junior instructor at try out camp and saw four Wiesblatt boys. They're awesome. They are talking about Wiesblatt boys becoming next great hockey family. Of course, hockey is a great passion in Canada where Sutters, Niedermayers, Stalls, and Wiesblatts come from. One of parents mentioned to me that Ocean is riding 120 to 150 km every week during summer time. Other interesting thing about Ocean, he had been growing his hair in order to donate it for wigs for those battling cancer. I think it was about 15 inches that he donated. so, he's extremely mature and has a mental toughness. I could see he has a strong leadership as well.
However, I heard another rumor about Wiesblatt boys that a neighbouring association tried to recruit them because they would put Ocean in pee wee level instead of Atom and other kids in higher level. But, they backed out because their local minor hockey association threatened them with a long term suspension. Anyway, Wiesblatt boys are true child prodigies.

How many points did Ocean score in atom hockey? It must have been a lot to be considered for Pee Wee already
What is the youngest a player has ever played Pee Wee level hockey?

CM-

Mar 15, 2007
Edmonton
How many points did Ocean score in atom hockey? It must have been a lot to be considered for Pee Wee already
What is the youngest a player has ever played Pee Wee level hockey?

Wasn't Gretzky 9 or 10 in Pee wee hockey but it could be bantam he was in Atom at 6.

Epatt001

Aug 16, 2007
IRVINE
why do you ask?

ap070327047448_3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad