Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Soft big men who are spot up shooters tend to not do great in the NBA. I can't think of one that has. Honestly, Sean Miller isn't exactly a coach known for turning out NBA players.

What makes you think that? His work ethic? If he can't translate what's in his pocket to actual play on the court, that's troublesome.

Lauri isn't a soft player. After he hits the gym and gets some weight, he has definitely abilities to battle against bigger guys. He always fights on the floor with attitude at every situation.

His performances in Junior European Championships. He has always been the highest scoring player even his opponents has been older players. I think he will translate those thinks also in NBA. I suggest you to watch his highlights from that competition. You will also see how he protects the rim.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Lauri isn't a soft player. After he hits the gym and gets some weight, he has definitely abilities to battle against bigger guys. He always fights on the floor with attitude at every situation.

His performances in Junior European Championships. He has always been the highest scoring player even his opponents has been older players. I think he will translate those thinks also in NBA. I suggest you to watch his highlights from that competition. You will also see how he protects the rim.

Weak competition. You don't understand the gap in talent and physicality.... at all. If the transition wasn't a massive uphill battle there'd be far more legit 7 footers in the game.

Theres a lot of skill and physical ability required to be a good starter and Lauri is just so far away that it's very reasonable to think he'll never get there. He's just as likely to be Adam Morrison or Andrea Bargnani.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Weak competition. You don't understand the gap in talent and physicality.... at all. If the transition wasn't a massive uphill battle there'd be far more legit 7 footers in the game.

Theres a lot of skill and physical ability required to be a good starter and Lauri is just so far away that it's very reasonable to think he'll never get there. He's just as likely to be Adam Morrison or Andrea Bargnani.

Markkanen has very good body for 7 footer. Little bit more muscle and weight to the lower body and he outplays almost anyone. Lauri has unique shot for a 7 footer which helps him success at everything else .

I think Lauri is going to take his place as a starter pretty fast. Hope that Rondo continues in the team, he could be very good set-up man for Lauri.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Markkanen has very good body for 7 footer. Little bit more muscle and weight to the lower body and he outplays almost anyone. Lauri has unique shot for a 7 footer which helps him success at everything else .

I think Lauri is going to take his place as a starter pretty fast. Hope that Rondo continues in the team, he could be very good set-up man for Lauri.

You're delusional. He's BBQ chicken on the block for almost any 4 in the league.

I think they'll start him every game. Clearly the Bulls are trying to tank for a high pick next year and no better way to do so then by giving up lots of easy buckets due to weak interior d and getting handled on the glass... You're right, Markkanen is a great fit for what the Bulls are trying to accomplish. :laugh:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Dunn very much looks like a bust , Lavine if he gets his game back has allstar potential but plenty of guys are never same after knee injury not to mention the risk of re-injuring it

Bulls gave up a top 10 NBA player and had to add a 1st round pick even though they gave away the best asset in underwhelming deal

It was pathetic trade no matter how you slice it

The bulls weren't that good anyway. Butler had them holding on by a thread. Outside of a pick what were you expecting? Rubio? Although he's not that good.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
You're delusional. He's BBQ chicken on the block for almost any 4 in the league.

I think they'll start him every game. Clearly the Bulls are trying to tank for a high pick next year and no better way to do so then by giving up lots of easy buckets due to weak interior d and getting handled on the glass... You're right, Markkanen is a great fit for what the Bulls are trying to accomplish. :laugh:

DDWabz3XUAEEqGm.jpg

Soft and skinny? Hell no. Already much bigger than ever in College and development continues.

You will see he isn't any kind of chicken soon as the season starts. He will take his place on team

You clearly doesn't have much idea about Bulls plans. Or how to win in basketball

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Pretty sure the Bulls don't have much of an idea about the Bulls plans either.

Yes they do. Good three young players for a guy who kills the atmosphere in locker room. Butler also cries about coach and his actions only make the chemistry worse. Excellent trade for Bulls

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yes they do. Good three young players for a guy who kills the atmosphere in locker room. Butler also cries about coach and his actions only make the chemistry worse. Excellent trade for Bulls
This is the team that signed Rajon Rondo and gave Dwyane Wade a fat contract last season. And then traded their star Butler this offseason for cheap. And traded their 2nd for cash when it seemed like the rebuild was on. Also got absolutely nothing for McDermott and Taj Gibson from OKC. Fired a good coach in Thibs to hire Hoiberg on a huge deal, and then not give Hoiberg any kind of players that would fit his scheme.

Not a big fan of the Bulls front office (nor are majority of their fans it seems).

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
This is the team that signed Rajon Rondo and gave Dwyane Wade a fat contract last season. And then traded their star Butler this offseason for cheap. And traded their 2nd for cash when it seemed like the rebuild was on. Also got absolutely nothing for McDermott and Taj Gibson from OKC. Fired a good coach in Thibs to hire Hoiberg on a huge deal, and then not give Hoiberg any kind of players that would fit his scheme.

Not a big fan of the Bulls front office (nor are majority of their fans it seems).

Rajon Rondo has huge vision for the game and Dwyane Wade has the experience which helps young players to development their game. It wasn't cheap deal. No one is will to pay more than that. Butler is excellent player, but he is terrible locker-room guy and destroys the chemistry of the team. That kind of guy is always bad for the team. 2nd pick won't never success in NBA so that was good trade. How much you should get about McDermott and Gibson? Now Hoiberg has three players who fit his scheme like he said himself.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I like the bit where you try to discredit Butler for his lockeroom presence and chemistry issues while trying to praise Rondo of all people.

I also like the bit about a second rounder never going to have success in the NBA when second round picks just won DPOY and ROY lol.

No, when you're rebuilding flicking your second round pick for cash is not a good trade.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I like the bit where you try to discredit Butler for his lockeroom presence and chemistry issues while trying to praise Rondo of all people.

I also like the bit about a second rounder never going to have success in the NBA when second round picks just won DPOY and ROY lol.

No, when you're rebuilding flicking your second round pick for cash is not a good trade.

http://nesn.com/2017/03/nba-scout-believes-that-jimmy-butler-dwyane-wade-ignore-fred-hoiberg/

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/antoine-walker-jimmy-butler-bad-locker-room-guy/

He declined playing in the one game without any good reason. And also cries in media about the coach. What a punk. I know Rondo could have issues but he could be huge player who makes other play better if he really gets it going.

I'm only talking about Bell, he doesn't have anything special which helps him success. Of course everything is possible when we talk about basketball.

It was good move to trade him for cash, because he doesn't fit our system.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
You do realise one of those links further criticises Rondo right? In fact it even suggests they may want to stomach his salary just to be rid of him lol.

And Wade who you were also just praising for his leadership with young players etc.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Butler is a problem child, but Rondo who was run out of town everywhere he played will help the kids? Yeah, I can't wait to see how he'll act now when the team is in the dumps without Butler.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
You do realise one of those links further criticises Rondo right? In fact it even suggests they may want to stomach his salary just to be rid of him lol.

And Wade who you were also just praising for his leadership with young players etc.

These guys are still professionals and i don't see it impossible that they fix their attitude.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
So with top ten player in the league Butler it's a big issue, with Rondo whose attitude has seen him bounce around the league it's fine because he's a professional and can fix it lol.

And not that I think Wade has an attitude that needs fixing but that's your link you brought to the table which you obviously didn't actually read because it blew up in your face.

But your efforts to climb out of this hole you've dug for yourself are certainly entertaining.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
So with top ten player in the league Butler it's a big issue, with Rondo whose attitude has seen him bounce around the league it's fine because he's a professional and can fix it lol.

And not that I think Wade has an attitude that needs fixing but that's your link you brought to the table which you obviously didn't actually read because it blew up in your face.

But your efforts to climb out of this hole you've dug for yourself are certainly entertaining.

Yes i read the link i don't know what they we're thinking in that game, but if they have fixed their attitude during the summer anything can happen. They have special thinks in their pocket. Like passing with Rondo, but if attitude has been same like it was in that one game then they should go. Read the link of course, but it's not that easy to get rid of everyone with experience at same moment.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yes i read the link i don't know what they we're thinking in that game, but if they have fixed their attitude during the summer anything can happen. They have special thinks in their pocket. Like passing with Rondo, but if attitude has been same like it was in that one game then they should go. Read the link of course, but it's not that easy to get rid of everyone with experience at same moment.

So again, Butler had to go because of his attitude, but Rondo, whose attitude has seen him bounce around the league, "anything can happen" and has "special thinks in their pocket" but Butler this doesn't matter despite the fact that Butler is a vastly superior player to Rondo.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pretty sure the Bulls don't have much of an idea about the Bulls plans either.

GarPax are a joke but lucky for them they have Reinsdorf's blind loyalty.

Pretty sure most of the players don't like playing for Hoiberg. Butler is a top 10 player, attitude or not and the fact is they got fleeced. Especially because he isn;t a free agent for 2 more seasons, is signed for stupid cheap and loved playing in Chicago/wanted to stay there and be "THE guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad