Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Panik's long goal drought was what doomed him basically. He had higher expectations only to be moved to the 4th line and in some cases openly scratched as Hinostroza took his spot as the #1 RW and they are looking much more alive with his speed now

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Sweet, no downside to this trade for the Hawks, only upside. Panik was not a contributor and cost too much to do nothing productive. Even if Duclair turns out to be a bust, this is at worst a cap dump for the Hawks.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Correct. Duclair without the baggage (if that’s what you want to call it) is certainly worth more than panik and dauphin.

They got what they could. Duclair is on my s**t list now though for requesting publicly and handcuffing an already disadvantaged club.

Reactions: RABBIT

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
They got what they could. Duclair is on my s**t list now though for requesting publicly and handcuffing an already disadvantaged club.

Well one thing worth considering is is not entirely clear who made the request public. Supposedly Duclair requested a trade in November and we just heard about it a week ago or so. Whichever camp leaked it hasn't come out as far as I know.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Apparently he requested back in November, so maybe he made it public because the yotes were taking their sweet ass time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Apparently he requested back in November, so maybe he made it public because the yotes were taking their sweet ass time.

One other thing I was thinking of is Chayka has already been kicked around in the media before by Burke for low balling them on Hamilton. So it's possible another team did it.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
That's a terrible trade for Arizona, I would have gave up more than that on our end. Though I guess it depends how you value some of our AHL prospects/depth players versus Panik, Forsling. Don't think much of either at all.

Duclair might amount to nothing but his upside is worth more alone.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Great project for Chicago, dude has compete. I don't think he'll ever be more than a 40-50 point player, but that's still a great trade for the Hawks considering they gave up nothing.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Hawks move a crappy contact and get a reclamation project with legit top 6 potential.

Statsboy McWonderkid is really something else. You'd figure he'd just move Duclair for a similar young player with potential who needs a change, but he helps out the Hawks.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
That's a terrible trade for Arizona, I would have gave up more than that on our end. Though I guess it depends how you value some of our AHL prospects/depth players versus Panik, Forsling. Don't think much of either at all.

Duclair might amount to nothing but his upside is worth more alone.
Arizona didn't get forsling

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Panik is one of the only players I've seen get repeatedly overrated and underrated within the same thread.

He's good. 2.8 is an overpay, he's probably never giving anybody 22 or more goals again, but he's still a useful player.

Duclaire is cheaper (and lord knows Chicago needs cheaper), and has upside.

I think this is a perfectly fair trade.

Reactions: Elvs

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
I love how no one is talking about Dauphin he's still pretty young. With decent upside could play on a bottom six in a couple off years. I've never been a fan of Duclair. No hockey IQ and this is why coaches hate him (he will make some nice highlights a few times a season but it's not a player that will help your team win).

Duclair RFA hurt is value too. I like the deal for the Yotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad