Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin

Nov 24, 2006
Why exactly did Arizona make this trade? Duclair looked pretty damn good last night.

Are they getting older? Younger?

What is the plan in Arizona?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Panik is poor man’s Brandon Saad or a rich man’s Troy brouwer.

Solid two way forward can play in top 6 role if the right mix or in part time role. Probably best usage as a third line guy though. It wasn’t really working in Chicago this year as Saad while a very good player doesn’t have the finishing skills Marian Hossa had.

Duclair isn’t really a right wing though although neither is debrincat? So *shrugs*
Not a poor man's Saad, but I can see the Brouwer comparison. Has potential to score 20g, but is too inconsistent to do so every year. Has a physical edge, when he wants to.

Reactions: migi

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Duclair looked good last night against the Jets. Not that this is exactly the Turris trade in scale, but can other teams please stop making bad trades that make the Central even stronger?

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Solid two way forward can play in top 6 role if the right mix or in part time role. Probably best usage as a third line guy though. It wasn’t really working in Chicago this year as Saad while a very good player doesn’t have the finishing skills Marian Hossa had.

Duclair isn’t really a right wing though although neither is debrincat? So *shrugs*

Panik is a a poor man's Troy Brouwer and a rich man's Tomas Kopecky at best

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Why exactly did Arizona make this trade? Duclair looked pretty damn good last night.

they got rid of player who did not want to be in the organization and an organization that did not want the player and accepted the best offer for him

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Panik a poor mans Saad? Well nooooooot even close.

Saad really good two way power forward with a little bit of finish to his game.

Panik okay two way power forward with a little bit of finish to his game.

I stand by my comparison. Matter of fact Panik was playing more or less playing saad’s role last year on toews’s line. They just haven’t a guy to play hossa’s role.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Saad really good two way power forward with a little bit of finish to his game.

Panik okay two way power forward with a little bit of finish to his game.

I stand by my comparison. Matter of fact Panik was playing more or less playing saad’s role last year on toews’s line. They just haven’t a guy to play hossa’s role.
Comparing Saad and panik is just awful

Reactions: migi

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

lucille-portable.gif

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The poor man's Saad comparison is apt, not sure why so many Blackhawks fans are poo-pooing it.

He can skate, he has some power and can win puck battles, he's responsible defensively and he generates a metric ton of shots.

He's just not as consistent at any of those things, or finishing, as Saad generally is (though Saad certainly has his cold spells too).

Poor man's Saad sums it up well.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
The poor man's Saad comparison is apt, not sure why so many Blackhawks fans are poo-pooing it.

He can skate, he has some power and can win puck battles, he's responsible defensively and he generates a metric ton of shots.

He's just not as consistent at any of those things, or finishing, as Saad generally is (though Saad certainly has his cold spells too).

Poor man's Saad sums it up well.

Ding!

Reactions: Castle8130

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I will say the one important thing that Saad has over Panik is that he's a one-man break-out and controlled zone-entry machine. Panik likes to dump and chase more.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Panik is underrated in this thread, comparable demonstrated offensive upside to Duclair and does more away from the puck and making other team uncomfortable around the net. Can play anywhere rather than top 6 or bust.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Panik is underrated in this thread, comparable demonstrated offensive upside to Duclair and does more away from the puck and making other team uncomfortable around the net. Can play anywhere rather than top 6 or bust.

That's all true. BUT he's not worth the money he's being paid and the Blackhawks benefit from getting similar offensive upside on a cheaper contract.

That's where the deal makes sense for Chicago.

I don't honestly think this is a robbery either way. I think it's fair.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

They did it because they have a top 3GM in the league...LOL.
Until the Coyotes get rid of Chayka and his clown system they'll continually be a complete joke and an embarrassment to the league.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
^^^Soooo not what that guy said. Chayka isn't a terrible GM, someone (who is not a Yotes fan) made a post on the main boards claiming he was a top-3 and now it's one of the most commonly used clichés on this forum. It's not going to stop but whatever.

Duclair and coaching/management didn't see eye to eye. Rumored to be lack of effort issues mainly (those rumors have been with him since before he was drafted, and directly addressed by 3 different coaches now.) It was handled poorly by both the Coyotes, and Duclair, leading to a trade request. The Hawks have a great hockey player. If he shakes off whatever issues he allegedly has then they win this trade pretty easily. He will always be one of my favorite hockey players. Dude just oozes talent.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughey

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
This trade was a prime example of a player not liking where he was playing. Watch him turn on this second half of the season

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This trade was a prime example of a player not liking where he was playing. Watch him turn on this second half of the season

If by "where" you mean on the 4th line or in the press box you'd be correct. He's been dicked around his whole time here by two coaches. The guy just wanted to play and given a chance to do what he does best.

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
If by "where" you mean on the 4th line or in the press box you'd be correct. He's been dicked around his whole time here by two coaches. The guy just wanted to play and given a chance to do what he does best.

Yeah , I think it’s pretty clear his issue was with the coaching (and possibly to some lesser extent with management). He’s been nothing but complimentary of his teammates, the fans and the community as a whole. And I know it ’s a minor thing, but I liked his tweet about hockey belonging in the desert too.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad