Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It is? I mean, Dauphin was nothing, and Panik has been terrible and has a cap hit of 2.8mil this nad next year.

I really don't see how a cap hit of $2.8 million can be bad. I don't think Panik is a bad player, $2.8 million for a 3rd liner is more or less market value for those kind of players.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't get this trade at all from an Arizona perspective. You give up the best player in the deal and get nothing beneficial in return. Awful. Duclair is only 22 and put him with a guy like Kane and all of a sudden he is a 50-60 point guy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Panik seems like a solid 2-way 3rd liner that can play physical, is that not an accurate representation of his game? $2.8 million for that is pretty standard, I don't know why people act like his contract is bad. If Arizona wants to sell him off, I'd really like the Penguins to look at him to play with Malkin.

Is he worse than my impression of him? Because his possession stats are good, he had a decent season offensively both this year (on pace for 35 points) and last year, seems to be very physical and is pretty strong defensively.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Eh. I'm not a huge fan of panik's game but it can't be understated he did well with toews last year.

except panik has one more point right now then duclair. yes its early but throwing panik under the bus makes zero sense when hes only getting 2.8 mil. what is duclair getting next year?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Reunion for Dauphin.

Tbh.
I like Panik better than Duclair. But it makes sense for Chicago.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Panik seems like a solid 2-way 3rd liner that can play physical, is that not an accurate representation of his game? $2.8 million for that is pretty standard, I don't know why people act like his contract is bad. If Arizona wants to sell him off, I'd really like the Penguins to look at him to play with Malkin.

25 year old too, just off 22 goal season. thats a steal

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Chicago dumps Paniks 2.8m on arizona and gets a decent young winger with upside...Oh ya great trade Chayka! HAHA Such a bad choice as GM. Man I hope the Canucks try make some deals with that team now! Maybe we can dump Gagner or Eriksson on them!>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad