Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
All these fans now whining "we could have beat that offer!" were unwilling to give up a 2nd round pick for him yesterday. Panik was 22-22-44 last year........how many 2nd rounders have that good a season?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Coyote fan and don't like the trade........but still the return is better than a 2nd rounder.

Reactions: Tritsche

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Panik seems like a solid 2-way 3rd liner that can play physical, is that not an accurate representation of his game? $2.8 million for that is pretty standard, I don't know why people act like his contract is bad. If Arizona wants to sell him off, I'd really like the Penguins to look at him to play with Malkin.

Is he worse than my impression of him? Because his possession stats are good, he had a decent season offensively both this year (on pace for 35 points) and last year, seems to be very physical and is pretty strong defensively.

He’s good when he’s good, but he’s been mia most of the season. He used to play much more physical when he first came to Chicago.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I figured the Yotes wouldn't get that much for Duclair, given how all coaches so far seem to have him in the dog house.

It won't get any easier with coach Q though..

Regardless, could be a big win for the Hawks.

It'll be interesting to see if Panik gets flipped somewhere else given he's UFA after next season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd say a 20g season for Duclair next year is likely. A 30g season with Chicago is not out of the question.

Panik is what he is. WYSIWYG. Middle six vet that can overachieve offensively for very brief periods if given great linemates and chances. Unfortunately the Coyotes don't have the kinds of players to make that happen.

Duclair is a potential star. Panik is a guy.

Reactions: BinCookin and Mork

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He’s good when he’s good, but he’s been mia most of the season. He used to play much more physical when he first came to Chicago.

He's on pace to have more hits this year than he had last year :dunno:

I feel like Panik might just be a whipping boy, which makes sense because he's a 3rd liner playing top-6 minutes. I don't blame Hawks fans for thinking that of him, but I also don't think he's as bad as people here say he is. At least purely on paper, he seems like a really solid player. I actually think Arizona had a very comparable player to Panik that they traded recently: Jamie McGinn. I think that's a really good comparable for Panik's ability and play style.

I'd say a 20g season for Duclair next year is likely. A 30g season with Chicago is not out of the question.

Panik is what he is. WYSIWYG. Middle six vet that can overachieve offensively for very brief periods if given great linemates and chances. Unfortunately the Coyotes don't have the kinds of players to make that happen.

Duclair is a potential star. Panik is a guy.

I honestly don't see that potential in Duclair. I think he ends up a lot closer to Yakupov than he ends up to a star. He's just not a high enough IQ player.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I have no basis to say this but I can see Duclair being what Marko Dano was in Chicago.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He's on pace to have more hits this year than he had last year :dunno:

I feel like Panik might just be a whipping boy, which makes sense because he's a 3rd liner playing top-6 minutes. I don't blame Hawks fans for thinking that of him, but I also don't think he's as bad as people here say he is. At least purely on paper, he seems like a really solid player.

I honestly don't see that potential in Duclair. I think he ends up a lot closer to Yakupov than he ends up to a star. He's just not a high enough IQ player.

He’s really not a whipping boy. He started off well, and everyone was rooting for panik to succeed. I still wish him luck, but he disappeared on us.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Clendening is not an NHL player. Purely AHL. Same is almost certainly true of Dauphin. Clendening wasn't working in Tucson and Dauphin has already proven to be a great fit in Tucson. That part of the deal is 100% an AHL deal in my mind. It's basically two trades. An AHL trade and an NHL trade.

It's just Duclair for Panik. Arizona loses big time.
Well i guess we found out just what Duclair was worth on the market.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hard to not like this for Chicago

Panik had been grossly inconsistent despite having talent. Hawks get more cap space with a heigher ceiling player IMO

Not saying it's a rebuild on the fly move, but bowman clearly trying to infuse more high upside youth when he can

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Chicago won this trade. They are gonna love Duclair with their system.

Correct. Duclair without the baggage (if that’s what you want to call it) is certainly worth more than panik and dauphin.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I remember seeing Panik on the Lightning and thinking he is a pretty skilled player. I think Arizona got the better player imo.

Panik is super streaky. When he's got confidence he can be a really good player. But then other times he disappears completely and that can last for a long time. He's also 26 so i think what you see is what you get.

Duclair's 22 and his career high in points is exactly the same as Panik's. He's the type of fast skill winger who should excel in today's game. I think he just needs proper guidance and the right opportunity, and we could be looking at a perennial 45-50 point guy.

But given his recent struggles/usage, his value is lower than it should be. Arizona handled him very poorly. Even if they didn't like him they should've just let him play, it's not like the team is winning anyway and Duke could've put up some points on the board.

Reactions: Kaibur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad