Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Abramov has been scoreless in his last 2 playoff games.

He did however put up back to back 104 point seasons, but he did it in 10 less games this year. He also had a +47 this year.

What's more impressive, Abramovs 2 year run or Bjorkstrands 113 goals in 2 years.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Davidsson's team blew a 2-0 3rd period lead and is now down 3-1.

However, he does have 8 points in 8 games and is 5th in scoring.

Ville Hakala

Apr 9, 2018
That Texier pick has some real potential. I didnt hate it at the time because i didnt really know much about him but Jarmo saying he would have taken him in the 1st raised mine and a lot of other peoples eyebrows. I still think a lot of people on this site and elsewhere are undervaluing his potential. Think in the next year or 2 he will start getting noticed in a big way

Jarkko Ruutu said in one interview that Texier didn't have any "real" training before going to Kalpa, Finland. He said that, he (Texier), has real potential considering that he doesn't have much muscle on him yet and so he must be naturally very talented.
Ruutu works in Europe with Columbus prospects and gives them tips and help in training.
I think that Texier will develop quite fast and he has already done it this season. I expect him making big difference after good training this summer (first time in his life :D).

Sorry for bad english...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jarkko Ruutu said in one interview that Texier didn't have any "real" training before going to Kalpa, Finland. He said that, he (Texier), has real potential considering that he doesn't have much muscle on him yet and so he must be naturally very talented.
Ruutu works in Europe with Columbus prospects and gives them tips and help in training.
I think that Texier will develop quite fast and he has already done it this season. I expect him making big difference after good training this summer (first time in his life :D).

Sorry for bad english...

Your English is fine. Would love more updates next year about Texier, please contribute more. :)

Reactions: Inglewood JMFJ

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Sorry for bad english...

Your English is a lot better than our Finnish.

Thank you for the info.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Davidsson's team blew a 2-0 3rd period lead and is now down 3-1.

However, he does have 8 points in 8 games and is 5th in scoring.
Man that kinda shows how scoring is so different in europe. PPG and still 5th on the team in points. Would be totally different story in the AHL.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Abramov has been scoreless in his last 2 playoff games.

He did however put up back to back 104 point seasons, but he did it in 10 less games this year. He also had a +47 this year.

What's more impressive, Abramovs 2 year run or Bjorkstrands 113 goals in 2 years.
The 113 goals. Loading up assists in the Q imo isn't high on the impress me meter. The WHL is a much more difficult league to play in and 113 goals in 2 years is rediculous. If it was 104 points of only primary assists and goals that's different... but I weigh goals as 2 to 3 more times worth an assist. Not all assists are like Panarin assists where it's directly responsible for a goal. Where as every goal is important to the score even empty met goals which takes the other team out of the game for good normally.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The 113 goals. Loading up assists in the Q imo isn't high on the impress me meter. The WHL is a much more difficult league to play in and 113 goals in 2 years is rediculous. If it was 104 points of only primary assists and goals that's different... but I weigh goals as 2 to 3 more times worth an assist. Not all assists are like Panarin assists where it's directly responsible for a goal. Where as every goal is important to the score even empty met goals which takes the other team out of the game for good normally.

Hm.

I see the WHL ... a lot.

I can say that scoring has been trending up out here, at a steady rate for the last ten years. Bjorkstrand played on some pretty strong teams in Portland and relied on his big shot quite a bit.

The QMJHL is historically a higher scoring league, but the gap isn't what it once was. The game as a whole is more open and free flowing. We don't have guys like Brayden Coburn or Zdeno Chara clogging up neutral zones here anymore.

What Abramov has done in the Q is literally historical. You shouldn't discount that too much. 10 years ago, likely Bjorky and Abramov would both have gone undrafted or maybe been picked in a late round. That's the biggest sign of the changing game.

I think Abramov is likely another year or two from the NHL. But the kid can score, and we don't have a lot of those guys floating around.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013

The goalies are alot better in the Q than the WHL. By alot.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Was a 2-0 lead in the game. They are now down 3-1 in the series.

"LOL" to EspenK and Mikey.

I understood what you said Spin.

Swedish JD looks like the real deal.

I think he very well could make (at least) 1 of Bjorkstand, Milano, Abramov, etc. "expendable".

I think a Wennberg-Milano/Abramov package could (realistically) help us upgrade Wennberg. I'd prolly like to hold on to Bjorkstrand as his shot really is something special.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Ugh. You guys with the generalizations...

One of the top scorers in the NHL this year came from the Q. One of the top goalies in the world came from the dub.

Like the NHL or any other league, any team or player can do something special on any given night or season. I never understood generalizations about the CHL leagues. They meet every year for the Memorial Cup and it's blatantly obvious that they are all on roughly the same plane.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
At the same stage in development I think Bjorkstrand is a better prospect looking forward but honestly I think Abramov's 2 seasons are more impressive. Lets not forget 91 of Abramovs points are goals. Bjorkstrand also had Petan to have that nice sniper+playmaker combo whereas Abramov has been the man on both teams he played for and is the guy to make everyone he plays with much better. Add the fact hes moved to center on top of everything else and its just ridiculous

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Abramov had an assist last night, victoriavile leads the series 2-1 and dont play again til Friday.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Ugh. You guys with the generalizations...

One of the top scorers in the NHL this year came from the Q. One of the top goalies in the world came from the dub.

Like the NHL or any other league, any team or player can do something special on any given night or season. I never understood generalizations about the CHL leagues. They meet every year for the Memorial Cup and it's blatantly obvious that they are all on roughly the same plane.
Seriously.

Crosby and MacKinnon ring any bells?

Obviously they all are great leagues, but I don't think you can say one is definitively better than the others. Great players and busts come from every single league across the world. It comes down to player mentality and having the right coaches around.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Davidsson didn't score today, but his club scored two third period goals to come back to win 2-1 to stay alive in their series. They are now down 3 games to 2.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Fortier’s junior career has come to an end.
Time to see what one of our most underrated prospects can do at the pro level. Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad