Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Would like to see what we have in him before bobs contract is up. Thats why i asked. Just not a fan of playpff bob. Always lets weak goals in and plays to low. I would be happy having mertz and korpi share duties like nelsson and markson did in van. Use bob as trade bait!

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Merzlinks has an agreement with the Lugano team for the next season, but Elvis does not hide that other options could be considered. Although the target for gold in Switzerland is not met, speculation about his move to North America is expected to reappear.
"After the World Championship, I will go to my agent in Los Angeles to talk about the future. This could be my breakout season. If not, then the next year, because the contract in Switzerland guarantees another year. "

C'mon JK, do your thing!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

LVGA

Apr 29, 2018
Hi folks, HC Lugano fan here! (possibly also a future CBJ fan)

Today our president explained once again during a TV interview that Elvis will respect the agreement he has with the club for the next season. We hope it is true since we do not have another valuable option in our roster, but many believe that if Elvis has THE opportunity he should just take it. In the worst case (for you) he'll join you in two years...i mean i think he already has the potential to play in the NHL and some space to grow, in two years he'll be even stronger.

In the last two seasons he gained in consistency and improved his mental game A LOT. He's still an emotional guy and can step over the line at times, but it doesn't affect his game as it used to.

BTW Maylo, our "stupid team" played the final series against the top team of our league without many important players (Brunner, Bürgler, Chiesa... that were injured for the whole post-season actually). Some players were just rookies and the team got to the final round anyway. We stood our ground , thanks to a lot of sacrifice and hard work. Of course Elvis played a major role!

(sorry for my bad english!)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The next batch – rookies that could rule the NHL in 2019

From an article highlighting potential Calder Trophy candidates for next season:

"QMJHL:
Vitali Abramov (Columbus Blue Jackets, 65th overall in 2016)
Russian native Abramov put up a staggering 78 points (33+45) in 40 games playing for Victoriaville Tigres this season. He has continued his torrid pace into the playoffs where he has scored six goals in just five games thus far."

I wonder if he checks good enough?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Hi folks, HC Lugano fan here! (possibly also a future CBJ fan)

Today our president explained once again during a TV interview that Elvis will respect the agreement he has with the club for the next season.
You mean this? "Elvis has a contract through 18-19 season without exit clause, Lugano fans can sleep peacefully?" His interviews to latvian media and italian are differrent, i must say.
And 25 is too late to start adapting to NHL size of the rink. In 3 years he will be "too old" for some fans already. :)

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
2 questions:
Which prospects currently playing overseas are likely to come to NA next year?
and,
which prospects have a shot at making the NHL next year?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Davidsson and Stenlund are my answers for both. Dark horse would be Vigneault, Jarmo said they thought he was gonna possibly steal a spot before he got hurt.

If Carlsson has a good off-season he could also push for it. When kids are this young a lot can change physically and mentally in the course of a season and off-season.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Both Marcus and Jonathan Davidsson signed for another season with DIF back in February and he's not signed with the CBJ. From the silly season discussions I've seen, the assumption Bröderna Davidsson would be back for next season. They seem to be sort of a pair.

I wonder what it would take to get Marcus from Buffalo.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Both Marcus and Jonathan Davidsson signed for another season with DIF back in February and he's not signed with the CBJ. From the silly season discussions I've seen, the assumption Bröderna Davidsson would be back for next season. They seem to be sort of a pair.

Well then it would seem Elvis is the possible candidate then no? Unless Texier can play in the AHL?

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Well then it would seem Elvis is the possible candidate then no? Unless Texier can play in the AHL?

Texier can play in the AHL, but I don't think he's going to. It sounded like the plan was for him to stay for 2 years in Finland. European teams having a vested interest developing players when they're going to stay more than a single season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Texier can play in the AHL, but I don't think he's going to. It sounded like the plan was for him to stay for 2 years in Finland. European teams having a vested interest developing players when they're going to stay more than a single season.
yeah you are likely right. Texier signed a 2 year contract and those are still good leagues, dont think they are fond of being a 1 year stepping stone for young players

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I liked Veeti a lot when we drafted him, shame that he's only played ~50 games over the past 3 seasons.

Likewise. I was somewhat hyped when we took him. He’s looked good in camps. His development has been staggered by injuries, been odd to say the least.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Thanks for all the responses. Want to keep an eye on some of these dudes, but I didn't have a good grasp on which ones are getting close.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

It's Columbus or Djurgården for Davidsson, AHL doesn't seem to be an option. He will go to camp and try to take a spot. All according to Djurgården's GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad