Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Texier's club was shut out and is now down 3-1, zero points so far for him in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Davidsson picked up 2 more assists as his club advanced to the 2nd round. 5 points in 5 games and is 3rd in scoring for all teams still left in the playoffs.

His 2nd assist was the series winner with 5 seconds left in a tie match

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Texier's club was shut out and is now down 3-1, zero points so far for him in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Davidsson picked up 2 more assists as his club advanced to the 2nd round. 5 points in 5 games and is 3rd in scoring for all teams still left in the playoffs.
Not advanced yet, lead 3:1.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I typed Eric Robinson in on YouTube and there’s literally two videos about him, both from at least 4 years ago. 0 videos of his highlights or goals lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I can't claim to have watched them during any actual regular gameplay, but by the highlights that have been shown, and by looking where they sit point-wise on their teams, and where their teams sit in the standings, Swedish JD seems to be quite a bit more skilled offensively and plays a much more impactful offensive game than Stenlund does.

From the highlights, JD is a quick and agile skater, with both good vision and passing skills and an above average shot. In "many" of the highlights (goals/assists) he also shows decent tenacity and the willingness to battle in the middle off the ice. He doesn't seem to be a "perimeter" player. I also believe there's been multiple clips of him with a PS or in the SO that have shown that he has very good scoring touch in close, and in general.

The only things Stenlund seems to have over him is that he's physically bigger, and has been playing center.

There seems to be quite a bit of room left on the Swedish JD bandwagon....just sayin'.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Interesting article from the hockey news . It appears we hit a home run with Jonathan Davidsson

2017 NHL draft do-over: Panel of scouts, execs and GMs redo the first round | The Hockey News

Two players taken well into the second half of the draft would move up significantly. The biggest jump was Djurgarden’s Jonathan Davidsson, selected 170th in the sixth round by Columbus. He'd be an early second-rounder at No. 35 today. And right winger Drake Batherson has played so well this season, he’d be a late first-rounder in a redo of the draft. He was taken in the fourth round, 121st overall, by Ottawa.

Reminder to file this away for next summer prospect voting...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Abramov with another 1+1. 3:0 now. Fortier no points and his club lost, 2:1 now in series.

Elvis allowed 7 goals last game. :facepalm:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
That Texier pick has some real potential. I didnt hate it at the time because i didnt really know much about him but Jarmo saying he would have taken him in the 1st raised mine and a lot of other peoples eyebrows. I still think a lot of people on this site and elsewhere are undervaluing his potential. Think in the next year or 2 he will start getting noticed in a big way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad