Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Holy smokes. He’s easily one of our most underrated prospects. Crazy that he went undrafted. Imagining a line with him and Vitaly together.. 2-3 years from now. Yowzaaaa.
Montreal invited him in training camp this year and then let him go.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Holy smokes. He’s easily one of our most underrated prospects. Crazy that he went undrafted. Imagining a line with him and Vitaly together.. 2-3 years from now. Yowzaaaa.
I'd settle to see them on a line in Cleveland with Stenlund next season.

Reactions: CBJSTH

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Gabriel Carlsson hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

What the hell happened to Gabriel Carlsson, 1 goal and 3 assist in 27 games,
I must have missed Him getting injured or something. He went from 6-7 on D chart
with the Jackets to completely off the charts in Cleveland.

Really bummed every time I watch Aho play for the Hurricanes, if Jarmo would have took him then Bjork would be easily expendable.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Gabriel Carlsson hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

What the hell happened to Gabriel Carlsson, 1 goal and 3 assist in 27 games,
I must have missed Him getting injured or something. He went from 6-7 on D chart
with the Jackets to completely off the charts in Cleveland.

Really bummed every time I watch Aho play for the Hurricanes, if Jarmo would have took him then Bjork would be easily expendable.

Carlsson has never been/never will be a point producer. So if you’re solely stat watching then you’ll never be pleased with him. That being said, he has taken steps back this year in development. He has been injured for most of 2018/playing injured. He missed pretty much all of February. At this point, with the depth we have.. it would be best to package him for a trade or an even swap with another team’s prospect.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
People that say Aho over Carlsson are forgetting where our team defense was at at that time. Murray JJ top pair and Savard... we drafted 2 players with little risk to fail at making the team fairly soon. I don't think the Jones/Nuti situation could have been predicted so realistically it was the right move at the time for what we needed. Just like Tex this year was the guy we wanted in the first. A reach but what we needed.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
People that say Aho over Carlsson are forgetting where our team defense was at at that time. Murray JJ top pair and Savard... we drafted 2 players with little risk to fail at making the team fairly soon. I don't think the Jones/Nuti situation could have been predicted so realistically it was the right move at the time for what we needed. Just like Tex this year was the guy we wanted in the first. A reach but what we needed.
I dont think Jarmo views it as a reach to draft for need, there would have been others guys. Instead Tex was viewed as an underscouted raw high potential player in a non tradional market. Like Kopitar years ago but obviously not at the same level

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I wish I had better chance of watching Monster's games or a condensed game version to help out, but I haven't seen him play this year... But, at this point... With the youth of our D-man group at the NHL level for the most point at this time, Gavrikov available in 2019,..

I'd be willing to trade Carlsson in the off-season in a package trade, prospect trade, or probably in acquiring another 2nd round pick at the draft...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I dont think Jarmo views it as a reach to draft for need, there would have been others guys. Instead Tex was viewed as an underscouted raw high potential player in a non tradional market. Like Kopitar years ago but obviously not at the same level
Yeah I agree I just mean if we took him there the same people saying he missed Aho could say reach as well for Tex. I love the pick.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Abramov's Tigres move on to the second round.

He absolutely flogged his former team, Gatineau; 6 goals and 5 assists in 5 games.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why trade him? He's still young, let him develop properly, you don't know how the D could look in two or three years and you never know what kind of injuries will happen. We're not gonna be carrying 10D going into next season so let's fill the stables before we start trading away valuable players.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
After allowing 7 goals in Game 1 in semis, Elvis bounced back and now 2GAA in last 3 games, series are tied 2:2.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
That Texier pick has some real potential. I didn't hate it at the time because i didn't really know much about him but Jarmo saying he would have taken him in the 1st raised mine and a lot of other peoples eyebrows. I still think a lot of people on this site and elsewhere are undervaluing his potential. Think in the next year or 2 he will start getting noticed in a big way

When Jarmo was announced as GM, I went back and looked at his body of scouting work, and his draft and development work. I was impressed and excited that he could mine some gold in his picks, especially his later round picks (3rd thru 7th).

Just when we all thought the CBJ were going to quietly wait for the 3rd round last year to make their first pick, Jarmo trades up into the 2nd round and takes 6-shooter Tex. Based upon what resaearch I had done and the drafting success he had in his first few years of his tenure, I just got real excited about the possibility of what Texier might become. There is a long way to go, but I sure like the way the CBJ center position is coming together. Currently; Dubois and Wennberg, and SedsyCat. Not too far off; Stenlund, Vignault, and Thurkauf. A little further back; Davidsson and Texier.

I really believe this franchise can graduate one centerman to the NHL each of the next 4 years. If the CBJ have too many NHL players and not enough ice time, that is a GM's dream. You can trade one and fill other needs. This prospect pool looked deep and rich when the Monsters won the AHL two years ago. If the Monsters stumble and fall next year, it might be time for John Madden to go play video games.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Madden would best be suited as a PK coach not a head.coach. losing Bednar hurt and I have argued woth Avs fans over how.good he is as a coach saying give him a year to get his system in and they kept saying their pick was guaranteed top 5. I wonder how their tune has changed.

Can't wait to load up our prospects here in the summer even more. I' really excited to see the picks after round 3 as those have been our best but I'm also intrigued as tonwhat we will do 1st round whether it be classic Jarmo being the smartest.man in the room aka Z and PLD or of he goes BPA ala Wennberg and Rychel.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm curious from any Monsters fans on how Ryan Collins looked this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad