Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah lets be Edmonton, lets welcome a losing enviroment that is easily turned on and off. I mean look at them go, a real powerhouse

Reactions: mikeyp24

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah lets be Edmonton, lets welcome a losing enviroment that is easily turned on and off. I mean look at them go, a real powerhouse

Of course being the paragon of consistency the Jackets would never fall into that trap. On the other hand Toronto could serve as a model.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Of course being the paragon of consistency the Jackets would never fall into that trap. On the other hand Toronto could serve as a model.
the only thing with the Toronto model is they were actually bad but had good prospects in the system developing and ended up getting a franchise center when those prospects were ready and ended up getting a goalie at that time aswell. Columbus is too good be bad enough for high odds in the lottery. I think all our luck would have been used up in getting the 3rd pick anyway :laugh:

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
the only thing with the Toronto model is they were actually bad but had good prospects in the system developing and ended up getting a franchise center when those prospects were ready and ended up getting a goalie at that time aswell. Columbus is too good be bad enough for high odds in the lottery. I think all our luck would have been used up in getting the 3rd pick anyway :laugh:
:laugh:Technically we won the lottery by getting the third pick. Weren't we supposed to pick like 4th or 5th?

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
If we lost all the rest we'd have a chance to win the lottery.:sarcasm:

Serious question and I think I know most people's answer but IF it was guaranteed the Jackets would get 1st pick would you take that over the playoffs? I would.:popcorn:

Since, this is hypothetical... By no means, do I advocate tanking, hoping that we lose games at this time of the year.. We actually have some depth on the team, finding ways to score goals/win games, and we are playing some good hockey at the right time of the year. Shoot, how many people saw us doing this about 5-6 weeks ago?

Rasmus Dahlin is viewed as a generational talent at Defenseman- A position where we have some depth at the moment. But, you couldn't just pass on him due to our depth at the position due to how talented he is... As a 17 year old in the WJC, he had 6 points in 7 games. In the SHL this year, he had 20 points in 41 games. His highlight videos are a treat to watch. If we got him, we'd have to get creative and trade Zach Werenski for a top notch forward.

If we were "guaranteed" to get Rasmus Dahlin rather than making the playoffs, I think I could live with finishing 14th or so in the NHL standings, barely missing the playoffs and walking away with Rasmus Dahlin and hopefully another huge forward piece into the 2018 regular season.

But, that's all in hypothetical land and has a probability percentage of about 2% to win the draft lottery if we were to miss the playoffs. I'm hoping to be in Nationwide Arena in the middle of April chanting "CBJ" with 16,000 other people.

Reactions: EspenK

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Obviously I'd rather win the Cup this year. However, because that is not happening, I would take the pick this year rather than a 1st or 2nd round exit.

OK but if you get to pick the best, most unlikely outcome in your scenario, I get to pick the best, most unlikely scenario in mine. So I'll take cup over lottery pick, thank you very much.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
....... Shoot, how many people saw us doing this about 5-6 weeks ago? ............

I made several posts back in the preseason and last summer when I predicted we would struggle until late January or mid-February and then the team would gel and take-off. The theory was that Gagner and Hartnell provided veteran leadership and that was gone. The team has 11 rookies and 2nd year players that would take time to gel. Panarin would need time to find his place (and teammates learn his game).

In reality, the CBJ struggled because of youth and under-performance of veterans. The biggest change has been the trade deadline acquisitions paying off in spades and fitting in well. While I didn't see the exact scenario of facts unfolding, I did predict a late season blossom

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I made several posts back in the preseason and last summer when I predicted we would struggle until late January or mid-February and then the team would gel and take-off. The theory was that Gagner and Hartnell provided veteran leadership and that was gone. The team has 11 rookies and 2nd year players that would take time to gel. Panarin would need time to find his place (and teammates learn his game).

In reality, the CBJ struggled because of youth and under-performance of veterans. The biggest change has been the trade deadline acquisitions paying off in spades and fitting in well. While I didn't see the exact scenario of facts unfolding, I did predict a late season blossom
As much as Torts drives me crazy sometimes and I was calling for him to be fired when things were looking like we were gonna miss the playoffs..He said this was gonna happen, before the season even started he was talking about how young the team was and how they're gonna have to go through hard times this season and that it's the only way to get to next level. You have to struggle before you can have growth. The team and Torts had to go through the hard times to see who and what would work with a significantly different and even younger roster

And sure enough, with a couple added moves for depth the team is rolling. Torts said he's finally able to roll and trust all 4 lines, where he couldn't earlier in the season.

It's amazing what quality depth can do.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Kale Howarth is having a hell of a playoffs for the Smokies... just scored another beauty... big kid with some wheels and soft hands

I see you’re a Smokies fan. What are your thoughts on his potential?

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Was the only forward to finish with a positive +/-

Oh my god you should see the season total +/- for each player.

It is not good.

I need to know who might be eligible in the major juniors/minors system to come up to the Monsters next year, because if this is the best they have... it's going to be bad.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Oh my god you should see the season total +/- for each player.

It is not good.

I need to know who might be eligible in the major juniors/minors system to come up to the Monsters next year, because if this is the best they have... it's going to be bad.

Yeah cleveland’s season has been almost historically bad. At one point I’m pretty sure they lost like 12 of 14 games. Lol polar opposite from their major league club.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah cleveland’s season has been almost historically bad. At one point I’m pretty sure they lost like 12 of 14 games. Lol polar opposite from their major league club.
Well if you think about all the talent we have taken or that can be there right now it makes sense.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The thing that sucks for Cleveland is that there really isn't much help on the way. Sherwood, Stenlund, maybe Davidsson...Unless I am mistaken.

Unless Zito addresses the issue in FA (possible) I don't see Cleveland faring much better next year.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Texier maybe

I highly doubt that Texier comes over. I believe he's signed up for another year in Liiga if I recall correctly. Plus, the Jackets seem to be pretty willing to let many of their prospects develop over in Europe without rushing to hurry to bring them over to North America. I'd imagine Stenlund, Abramov, Sherwood are the additions besides of any potential UDFA's we possibly sign. We'll see how Sherwood can handle the AHL.. He's kind of dipped in my level of intrigue this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad