Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thankfully the big team don't need him but if we get a spot before the last game of the year I'd like to see him get 1 game while someone gets rest. Just to get the smallest taste.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Thankfully the big team don't need him but if we get a spot before the last game of the year I'd like to see him get 1 game while someone gets rest. Just to get the smallest taste.
Yeah, that's why they force him to fly here immediatly, to save Monsters lost season.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah, that's why they force him to fly here immediatly, to save Monsters lost season.
No... to get him over and have him play as many games as possible For them to get as much time scouting and developing in before next year... thats... That should have been very clear.

Reactions: thebus88

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
No... to get him over and have him play as many games as possible For them to get as much time scouting and developing in before next year... thats... That should have been very clear.
You know who this big club THANKFULLY don't need? Gavrikov! :D

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stenlund on his way to Columbus.
Efter uttåget – han drar till USA
When Jnytt reaches forwarder Kevin Stenlund, he is on his way to the USA, Stenlund belongs to Columbus Blue Jackets.
"You were lucky, I'm on the bus to Arlanda now. I fly over this afternoon, says Stenlund.
Once in the United States, he will first go to Blue Jackets to get his injury investigated.
"It's just an small injury, but they would look at it.
After the survey, the journey goes on to the farm team Cleveland Monsters.
giphy.gif

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You know who this big club THANKFULLY don't need? Gavrikov! :D
You stop it!!! Haha I just meant we have some depth now we don't need to rush him in going into the playoffs!! I am excited to see the guy I want him in union blue ASAP if he can help I just don't want him in a Carlson situation like last year thrown to the wolves.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

———————————————————

Stenlund was our second round pick in 2015. A big, two-way centerman. 6’3, 205 pounds. Has great potential. Previously had been playing for HV71 in the SHL since he was 17 years old (now 21 years of age).

2017-2018 SHL stats:

7 goals.
15 assists.
22 points.
+4
43 games.

Averaged nearly 17 minutes TOI, which led all forwards. Was also 55 percent from the faceoff dot for the season.

Welcome to the states, Sten!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Guldforwarden ska ta chansen i NHL

Quotes from Stenlund:

“I'm going over. It is the plan to try to take a place there. It will be fun. There’s a small camp in June, a development camp. Then it will start right in early September. It will be really fun. I have little contact with Gabriel Carlsson who is down in Cleveland. We were drafted the same year. We know each other quite well”, says Stenlund of the former Örebro and Linköpingsbacken Gabriel Carlsson, 21, who NHL debuted already last season in Columbus, but now plays for the Cleveland Monsters team in AHL.

Columbus development scout Jarkko Ruutu met Kevin Stenlund at Hovet after the 5-2 loss against Djurgården.

“Columbus was pleased with me today. Then I'm happy. I talk to him quite often. He shows clips sometimes. We have good contact. Sometimes he stays after a match and we can talk the following morning”, says Stenlund.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The dude might simply be the best defensive prospect in the world.

At least top 3-5. I get that there's Dahlin and others, but he very well might be the most "NHL ready".

He's a smart and solid player. But also very skilled. The potential to be a GREAT player, is there.

Reactions: Xoggz22

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Peeked is playing against OSU right now for the big ten title and a bid at the Ncaa tourny.

ND is up 1-0 right now.

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018

———————————————————

Stenlund was our second round pick in 2015. A big, two-way centerman. 6’3, 205 pounds. Has great potential. Previously had been playing for HV71 in the SHL since he was 17 years old (now 21 years of age).

2017-2018 SHL stats:

7 goals.
15 assists.
22 points.
+4
43 games.

Averaged nearly 17 minutes TOI, which led all forwards. Was also 55 percent from the faceoff dot for the season.

Welcome to the states, Sten!

I am excited to see what this kid can do on the farm team!! 6ft4 210 and a high hockey IQ....

Reactions: CBJSTH and Jaxs

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I am excited to see what this kid can do on the farm team!! 6ft4 210 and a high hockey IQ....

Not to "pick" on you, but, DOES he have "high" hockey IQ?

They're not 6 foot 4, but going by what I've seen so far, Swedish JD and and Texier seem to have high hockey IQ, not Stenlund.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If you're not watching full games there's no way to tell. Stenlund looked pretty damn good in camp, but I've only seen clips of all 3 of those players and I doubt many here have watched actually watched full game footage.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018
Not to "pick" on you, but, DOES he have "high" hockey IQ?

They're not 6 foot 4, but going by what I've seen so far, Swedish JD and and Texier seem to have high hockey IQ, not Stenlund.
you are not picking on me man, I am no expert lol, I got that info online from elite prospects. from what I have heard GM Jarmo was high on him for his hockey IQ. anyways here is what I saw o elite prospects

An intelligent, big-bodied center with superb puckhandling ability. His greatest asset is his mature mindset: he thinks the game at a high level. Plays a simplified, complete game and doesn't make low-percentage plays. Uses his edges well at a level that suits his style of play - physical and hard to play against; that being said, there is still room for improvement in his skating and first three strides. Protects the puck well. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think hockey IQ can mean a lot of different things. he can be big and seperate people from pucks and be strong defensively. I think he could potentially be a 3rd line center that adds some offense. His skating has gotten a lot better since his draft after those knee surgeries. Not amazing but manageable

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think hockey IQ can mean a lot of different things. he can be big and seperate people from pucks and be strong defensively. I think he could potentially be a 3rd line center that adds some offense. His skating has gotten a lot better since his draft after those knee surgeries. Not amazing but manageable

I scouted him thoroughly (admittedly via video) when I was doing that sort of thing, and this is a very reasonable assessment.

Top end, he's a Patrick Berglund type player. A reasonable expectation, bottom two line center that can chip in occasionally on offense, but is better suited in tough defensive matchups.

A solid draft choice, glasd they have let him develop slowly. We'll see if he competes for a spot this fall.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
The dude might simply be the best defensive prospect in the world.

At least top 3-5. I get that there's Dahlin and others, but he very well might be the most "NHL ready".

He's a smart and solid player. But also very skilled. The potential to be a GREAT player, is there.
I can think of 5 defensemen from just last draft that are likely to be better than Gavrikov. What a ridiculous statement that he might be the best defensive prospect in the world. He’s a good prospect for Columbus, but come on..

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I can think of 5 defensemen from just last draft that are likely to be better than Gavrikov. What a ridiculous statement that he might be the best defensive prospect in the world. He’s a good prospect for Columbus, but come on..

Truth. Gavrikov is definitely up there and is looking like a potential steal (if he comes over to NA). One defensive prospect that I’ve got my eye on (but in a different system) is Urho Vaakanainen. The Bruins defensive prospects/future is solid. McAvoy, Carlo, Vaakananien.. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad