Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
4 games ago was a Champions League game. He may only be looking at Liga games, not all the games he plays.
Yeah I forgot to look for his tourny stats

Still 6 pts in 18 games. Not terrible for a rookie Frenchman in Liiga

Usually elitehockeystats is pretty good about keeping their stats up to date, I just didn't look for it.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I am a stat nerd. I check all the sites every game day for previous day results for prospects for the Sharks and Jackets.

I really need a life.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund with another goal and 71% on the dot so far in 2 periods.

Edit: So GWG, 1 blocked shot, 2 PIM 18:30 TOI and 92%(!) on the dot!

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJSTH

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Gavrikov with whooping 5 assists in 23 games, lost his spot to Voynov, who got 4-5-9 playing 10 games less. Gavrikov now averages 16mTOI. TOP 10 KHL Defensemen in points has one 1 Russian and it's Markov. Development goes as expected.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Gavrikov with whooping 5 assists in 23 games, lost his spot to Voynov, who got 4-5-9 playing 10 games less. Gavrikov now averages 16mTOI. TOP 10 KHL Defensemen in points has one 1 Russian and it's Markov. Development goes as expected.
If you are looking for points from Gavrikov then you are looking at the wrong part of his game

Reactions: mikeyp24 and CBJSTH

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
If you are looking for points from Gavrikov then you are looking at the wrong part of his game
Yeah maybe he's going to be a good partner for Savard in 2 years, but his shutdown side is not impressing either. 16hits 12Blocked shots. 4PIM. Same Voynov already has 11BS.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah maybe he's going to be a good partner for Savard in 2 years, but his shutdown side is not impressing either. 16hits 12Blocked shots. 4PIM. Same Voynov already has 11BS.
just 3 years ago (maybe 4 but I think it was 3) he won best defenseman in the WJC without registering a single point. He was also considered the best defender on the Russian team this past world championships. He will be just fine. I can't wait for a Carlson Gavrikov Twin Towers shut down pair. There is a reason Murray was rumored on the block and GMJK met with Gav innyhe off-season to tell him he would make the team but have to fight for time. Gav knew if he waited some time for JJ or Murray to go he will get that spot so he chose money and the Olympics as opposed to AHL and/or press box.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
The Athletic has a 10 part series going currently titled "The Gifted". Yesterday was Vitali Abramov. It was one of the greatest technical breakdown of a Blue Jacket prospect I have ever read. It reinforced everything I saw last month in Traverse City. It has slowed down and stop action video showing the outstanding skill of this prospect.

If you are a subscriber, you have probably already seen it. If you are not a subscriber, all I can say is you are missing out.

https://theathletic.com/135277/2017...abramov-is-one-of-hockeys-shiftiest-handlers/

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Who wants a technical breakdown when you can divide some numbers to get some other numbers to "prove" something that can't actually be "measured' BY numbers....

With that said, I would give Abramov's stickhandling a rating of....5.87. If somebody could do the calculations to determine his 'stickhandling per/60 min' number for me, that would be great.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Who wants a technical breakdown when you can divide some numbers to get some other numbers to "prove" something that can't actually be "measured' BY numbers....

With that said, I would give Abramov's stickhandling a rating of....5.87. If somebody could do the calculations to determine his 'stickhandling per/60 min' number for me, that would be great.
That's right, you were the one who would go on frothing rants about "all these DECIMALS!" any time any stat more complicated than "points scored" came into a discussion. I'd almost forgotten about that. :)

EDIT: Found it!
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/90656959/

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Well....you could certainly reduce the scouting dept. using that approach....:sarcasm:

Reactions: Viqsi

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I am fully confident when I say that the CBJ have the deepest and best goalie prospects out of any team in the league.

These are up to date stats..

Ivan Kulbakov (ECHL) - 2.64 GAA, .938 Save percentage.
Matiss Kivlenieks (AHL)- 2.00 GAA, .927 save percentage.
Elvis Merzlikins (NLA) - 2.28 GAA, .932 save percentage.
Daniil Tarasov (MHL) - 1.87 GAA, .922 save percentage.

*Peter Thome hasn’t played yet for UND*

.... absurd.

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad