Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I could have skipped that initial highlight of Texier's defensive work. Ouch!
But, he's leading his Liiga team in points and goals and just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago, so I'll take it.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
He's also getting PP time, apparently. Coaches must think pretty highly of him.

In other prospect news, Daniil Tarasov is tearing up Russian juniors with a 1.81 GAA and .918 SV% in ten games. Elvis Merzlikins is as solid as ever in Switzerland, with a 2.56 GAA and .925 SV% in seven games. Emil Bemstrom, through nine games, is tied for third in his Swedish junior league with 11 points, and tied for the lead with six goals. And Kale Howarth continues to be too good for the BCHL, with a league-leading ten goals in eight games (second-best has six). He and two teammates make up the league's top three in points.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm updating my Blue Jackets contract chart and here's who I have listed as Blue Jackets players not on the Jackets or Monsters rosters:

Signed
Kevin Stenlund
Vitaly Abramov

Unsigned
Tyler Bird
Alexandre Texier
Emil Bemstrom
Kale Howarth
Jonathan Davidsson
Carson Meyer
Vladislav Gavrikov
Andrew Peeke
Veeti Vainio
Robbie Stucker
Elvis Merzlikins
Peter Thome
Daniil Tarasov

The Prospects page on the CBJ website omits Davidsson and Meyer but includes Peter Quenneville and Daniel Zaar.

Am I missing anyone?

Reactions: Viqsi

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I'm not sure exactly how, but I'm pretty sure the Jackets still retain Daniel Zaar's rights through some arcane CBA mechanism.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
A few thoughts looking at the unsigned prospects list:

How is Howarth not in the CHL?

Abramov is the only CHLer the Jackets have the rights to. This seems to be an unusually low number of CHL prospects.

We seem to have an unusually high number of players (two each) in lower level junior leagues and European junior leagues.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
A few thoughts looking at the unsigned prospects list:

How is Howarth not in the CHL?

Abramov is the only CHLer the Jackets have the rights to. This seems to be an unusually low number of CHL prospects.

We seem to have an unusually high number of players (two each) in lower level junior leagues and European junior leagues.

Howarth was of course a very late bloomer. He's signed to play NCAA hockey with UConn next season, so maybe he was intent to honor that commitment.

Our prospects are spread out across leagues this year. Of course, the 2017 draft was filled with almost exclusively of "sleeper" or "over-ager" picks.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Crazy, not one fan in the stands for lower tier games.

The reported attendance was 180. I'm not sure where those people were. The J20 SuperElit has two separate seasons - first there's the North/South round against nearby teams. Then the top teams in North compete against the top teams in the South. It minimizes travel so kids don't have to miss school to drive all across Sweden the entire season. But it means the early games are sort of "meh". Also, prospects frequently put up big numbers in the North/South rounds then drop when facing increased competition in the Top 10 round.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund is back, 1st game after injury and he had a goal, and what a goal that was!

pled

Sep 7, 2009
idk if anyone watched Abramov game but he only play ev on center. Always with Shestopalov and a random right winger.

I didn't know he even played center.

Not sure if it is because Gatineau has no other center or just because he is so good.

Also Sherwood got traded to a top tier team for 4 draft pick :naughty: so thats good too for his development.

so few chl prospect haha

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
idk if anyone watched Abramov game but he only play ev on center. Always with Shestopalov and a random right winger.

I didn't know he even played center.

Not sure if it is because Gatineau has no other center or just because he is so good.

Also Sherwood got traded to a top tier team for 4 draft pick :naughty: so thats good too for his development.

so few chl prospect haha
Yeah I just read Sherwood got traded to Kitchener, that should really help him gain some confidence coming into next season. Won't be surprised to see him join the Monsters at the end of the season if they're still playing.

Stenlund also has 4 pts in 5 games this season.

Meanwhile texier is pointless in his last 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->