Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
My favorite StenlundVsPld moment in camp was in a shootout, PLD goes to shoot "crowd goes wild" lol, he sends it wide and falls on his stomach (poor thing), next is Stenlund, Davidge and Rimer are hyped for him already, he goes, does some nifty moves and scores, then when he comes back to the bench he wipes his mouth with his shirt giving the looong look to other team bench. :) As Davidge said, "this guy has a liiittle bit of bad attitude, when he's got the puck nobody else does.." plus choosing # 69 for camp? bold :)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Stenlund's got the frame and tools to be a solid bottom 6 C or even a 2C, but I really don't think he's going to be a 1C in the NHL. Am I missing something or did he suddenly become an offensive dynamo? I mean, he's solid.. but I'm not seeing anything in his game that screams "top line player" to me.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Stenlund's got the frame and tools to be a solid bottom 6 C or even a 2C, but I really don't think he's going to be a 1C in the NHL. Am I missing something or did he suddenly become an offensive dynamo? I mean, he's solid.. but I'm not seeing anything in his game that screams "top line player" to me.
He tied for 30th in the SHL in goals last season, and of the players who scored more than him, only one was younger. He plays in front of the net a lot for HV71 so he doesn't get a ton of assist chances, but he showed great playmaking ability at development camp and he's got incredible hands. He's at his best in tight spaces, too, so his game should translate well to the smaller ice. He's not going to be the kind of center who dominates the stat sheet, but he does so many little things well that I think he can absolutely hold down a spot on a top offensive line.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What. Did you even watch the dev camp? Stenlund was easily the best skater on the ice, even over PLD.

Not only that but hes playing in a better league than Texier in a 1C role on his team..

IMO he's our next Johansen if things go right. He's got the size, the shot, the IQ and willingness to drive to the net to make things happen. He has pretty much everything you want in a prospect.

I think everyone knows I'm a huge Wennberg fanboy but I think I'm an even bigger fan of Stenlund. Wennberg's style of play is much more suited for bigger ice where as I think Stenlund could really thrive in smaller tighter spaces on NA ice.
I honestly didn't get to see any this year. I have just seen too many fans here get behind him and sometimes fanbases can get picked in on an average prospect and thonk they have this gem so I'm trying to really temper my personal expectations and not get too high on him. I've only ever really gone in hard on 1 prospect and That is Gavrikov who I've been touting since the minute he was drafted and still think he could play top 4 here today if needed haha. It' honestly just trying to be realistic and not expect too much because I'd rather be surprised then let down.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I honestly didn't get to see any this year. I have just seen too many fans here get behind him and sometimes fanbases can get picked in on an average prospect and thonk they have this gem so I'm trying to really temper my personal expectations and not get too high on him. I've only ever really gone in hard on 1 prospect and That is Gavrikov who I've been touting since the minute he was drafted and still think he could play top 4 here today if needed haha. It' honestly just trying to be realistic and not expect too much because I'd rather be surprised then let down.
I'm pretty sure it's on the jackets YouTube channel if you've got the time, it's well worth the watch.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm pretty sure it's on the jackets YouTube channel if you've got the time, it's well worth the watch.
Thanks I will definitely check it out if it is still on there I was disappointed I missed it when it was on I didn't even think to check the YouTube for it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Thanks I will definitely check it out if it is still on there I was disappointed I missed it when it was on I didn't even think to check the YouTube for it.
The jackets social media team is really good, I always keep an eye on their YouTube channel as they usually have a lot of interviews and behind the battle type stuff on there.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
In his first game since signing his contract,
Fortier registered 5 shots and had 1 assist tonight in a 3-2 loss for Halifax. Now up to 1.4 ppg.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Kole Sherwood with the hatty tonight for Kitchener. Now has 6 goals, 5 assists, 11 points, +3 in 9 games.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Former cbj prospect, Peter Quenneville just signed with SaiPa in the Liiga. Best of luck to Pete.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Legit. Now has 6 goals and 3 assists, 2nd on the team. Pretty good for an 18 year old in a mens league.

Yeah, that was pretty nice. He seems to be heating up a bit with his play. Hopefully he keeps it rolling. I think him and Stenlund are going to play a huge part on our team in the future.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Has anyone seen Stenlund play recently? I can look at numbers but I'd rather know what his play has been like. Is he progressing to where end of season we could see him in NA getting AHL time like Carlson last year?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Has anyone seen Stenlund play recently? I can look at numbers but I'd rather know what his play has been like. Is he progressing to where end of season we could see him in NA getting AHL time like Carlson last year?

Just depends on when HV is out of the playoffs/done with the playoffs. I think it is entirely logical to believe that he will finish the year in the A, atleast I hope so.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund the defenseman. Had an assist in 1:0 OT win, 70% on FO and 18m ice time. 2PIM of course. :)
(I think he gained some more weight, Nelson Ayote won't like that)

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Actually play? Of course not. Doesn't mean we still don't have to make room for him, like the other BIG Swede.

cuteswedeboys.us is where ya'll should be

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Actually play? Of course not. Doesn't mean we still don't have to make room for him, like the other BIG Swede.

cuteswedeboys.us is where ya'll should be
Ha ha, I get it, it's funny because you're saying people might like different hockey players from you because they're attracted to men, which as we all know is inherently shameful and deserving of mockery!

Also, the irony in assuming nobody has seen Stenlund play when you clearly haven't even so much as seen a picture of him is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad