CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
guessing only 12-15 total possibilities...

basically a month in spring, month in fall...17 years...and BOTH have to be at home...

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I decided to look up most recent same-day home wins for other combinations of Ohio major league teams:

Indians-Cavaliers: October 25, 2016 (Cavs opener/ring ceremony/banner raising and Indians World Series Game 1)

Indians-Browns: September 20, 2015

Cavaliers-Browns: December 27, 2009

Reds-Bengals: September 28, 1969

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Was Riverfront even capable of a same-day conversion?

On that day in 1969, the Bengals played at Nippert Stadium on the campus of Univ. of Cincinnati. The Reds played at Crosley Field.

In April of 1970, the Reds opened Riverfront and the Bengals began play there that fall.

I can remember stuff like that.... I can't remember where I put my car keys.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
On that day in 1969, the Bengals played at Nippert Stadium on the campus of Univ. of Cincinnati. The Reds played at Crosley Field.

In April of 1970, the Reds opened Riverfront and the Bengals began play there that fall.

I can remember stuff like that.... I can't remember where I put my car keys.

I knew that. I posed the question before I added the Reds-Bengals info to the earlier post.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Crew win! :handclap:

My favorite moment from the game (besides the Crew scoring): Giovinco has the ball near the Crew's penalty area. Crew defender cleanly knocks the ball away. Giovinco, predictably, goes down hard (for obvious reasons). Crew player clears the ball along the ground. Another Toronto player just stands there looking dejected as it rolls by him. :laugh:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Ohio State had a really good football season last year even though it ended on a sour note.

Things are looking up from here. The first step is taking back control of our conference. We made it to the playoff without so much as appearing in the conference title game last year. While that was all good and nice, I think we need to send a message to the rest of the B1G by winning the conference.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
One of the ads on the scoreboard at the Spring Game was for a BTN-sponsored 10K in Chicago. Shouldn't a Big Ten 10k be 14 kilometers? :D

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
In other news, the Cavs completed the second largest playoff comeback ever tonight. I wonder if the quiet assistant ripped them a new one again

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Meanwhile, at the Worldwide Leader...

I know that politeness and tact demand that I express something like regret over folks losing their jobs but... nope, can't do it here. For absolutely everyone else laid off at ESPN recently, perhaps, but not for a guy whose literal sole reason for employment was "he trolls the largest fanbase in college football real good".

I don't wish him any (more) ill, but I'm not going to pretend to be sorry he no longer has a job. His "job" was crap, it shouldn't have existed to begin with, and I am thrilled beyond measure that it no longer exists. :D

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So the Bengals are making me cry again with the draft. I turn 40 in November and the last playoff win I got to enjoy was when I was in 7th grade.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Figured I'd ask if anyone here has been to Progressive Field? If so do you have any advice about visiting like concession options/prices, places around the park, things to check out ect.? Also if I go to a grocery store in NE Ohio am I likely to find Skyline (any time I go to Ohio I always look for Skyline as it's amazing)?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I for one am glad that the NHL playoffs have been entertaining and close with minimal sweeps and series dominating blowouts, unlike the NBA. I am an NBA fan but damn.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Figured I'd ask if anyone here has been to Progressive Field? If so do you have any advice about visiting like concession options/prices, places around the park, things to check out ect.? Also if I go to a grocery store in NE Ohio am I likely to find Skyline (any time I go to Ohio I always look for Skyline as it's amazing)?

I can tell you about Great American Ballpark.

I like Skyline too, so this will help.
https://www.skylinechili.com/where-to-buy.php

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Has LeBron been in the league for 12 or 13 years?

This is his 8th final???

That is getting Celtic-esque. I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad