Claimed off Waivers: [CBJ] Blue Jackets claim G Spencer Martin off waivers from the Canucks

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Maybe for a 6th or 7th down the road. No real value unless someone really needs a mediocre 3rd string goalie and is real worried about missing out on him via waivers.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wasn’t Spencer Martin a bit of an up and coming goalie asset last year?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really don’t understand this at all for Vancouver. Why not wait until waiver activity picks up and try to sneak him through waivers? Waiving him now is just dumb asset management. Although at the same point, I don’t know how much of an “asset” Martin is.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I really don’t understand this at all for Vancouver. Why not wait until waiver activity picks up and try to sneak him through waivers? Waiving him now is just dumb asset management. Although at the same point, I don’t know how much of an “asset” Martin is.
‘Sneak him through waivers’.
Lol.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He had a case for the worst goaltender in the NHL last season

A couple models had him at the worst

He has a massive problem of living in the butterfly position

Reactions: Evergreen

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Martin isn't someone you need to sneak through waivers. I think the team would rather save the money. I don't think getting Martin claimed is a big concern for them.

Reactions: hellstick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Martin isn't someone you need to sneak through waivers. I think the team would rather save the money. I don't think getting Martin claimed is a big concern for them.

If he’s not a guy that would get claimed off of waivers I don’t know why they expect they’d get anything back for him in a trade.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
It’s because we have 3 goalies who have literally surpassed him on the depth chart. We have too many goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad