Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
100%. Feel like hes gonna pull a Tampa type move where he overpays a f*** ton for a middle-6 powerforward type of player.
It's the Maple Leafs standard of doing business.

Go watch this video compilation of all of Sam Reinhart'S goals and tell me he wouldn't be dynamite on this team. Deflections galore from well placed point shots (Karlsson) and quick one timers/tap ins from passes near the crease (Sid). Reinhart was out scoring the entire Pens team on the PP for a good chuck of last season. Put him in the bumper position, Karlsson and Geno at the points, Bunting in the crease and Sid on the half wall. It will be magic.

Florida will do anything to re-sign Reinhart. I'd love to see Reinhart with Sid.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I stay in Florida if I am Reinhart. I dunno what their cap space is but if they need help I would see what they want for Bennett.
Unless you have a real desire to go through a rebuild, i certainly wouldn't sign a 5+ year deal with PIT

Beyond saying you played with sid and geno there is nothing attractive about our team situation

Any FA who signs here for mega term is insane... And that's arguably been the case since before we sucked

Reactions: 66-30-33 and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Unless you have a real desire to go through a rebuild, i certainly wouldn't sign a 5+ year deal with PIT

Beyond saying you played with sid and geno there is nothing attractive about our team situation

Any FA who signs here for mega term is insane... And that's arguably been the case since before we sucked
The only reason any UFA would sign here is that we outbid all competitors and also gave him a NMC…that’s it lol…that’s why we should not focus on older UFAs anyway…we need to trade for or sign RFAs, undrafted young UFAs like those not qualified by their teams and players on ELCs

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Reinhart wasted a bunch of his career in Buffalo, no reason to leave Miami when the franchise is at its peak

Reactions: Factorial

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Wanted Reinhart from Buffalo to be RW then center in a trade. But Pens simply never considered the fact he would be a potential replacement for Malkin. But his costs are 10 million and all things considered, I consider that as Pens will move contracts out after this year.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I stay in Florida if I am Reinhart. I dunno what their cap space is but if they need help I would see what they want for Bennett.

Florida (even Miami) vs. Pittsburgh?

That's a no-brainer if there ever was one, and not just pertaining to the NHL teams which reside there.

Now if the Pens were trying to sign a player who was playing for Detroit, Pittsburgh might look like a pretty nice destination by comparison -- disregarding that the Wings are on the way up while the Sully-Dubas Pens continue picking up speed as they voluntarily circle the drain on the way down the toilet.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

I mean, Johnny Hockey signed with the Blue Jackets. Stranger things have happened.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Florida (even Miami) vs. Pittsburgh?

That's a no-brainer if there ever was one, and not just pertaining to the NHL teams which reside there.

Now if the Pens were trying to sign a player who was playing for Detroit, Pittsburgh might look like a pretty nice destination by comparison -- disregarding that the Wings are on the way up while the Sully-Dubas Pens continue picking up speed as they voluntarily circle the drain on the way down the toilet.
Having no state income tax in FLA helps too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad