Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The VGK reportedly treat the players very well while they are here. Despite the rantings of fans (which are pretty much always wrong), it would be interesting to know what number of players have actually put the VGK on their no-move list. Otherwise, it is professional sports team made of players who are being paid to do their job, not an emotional support group for young millionaires.

There's quite a bit more overlap between those two things than you're giving credit. I'd agree that players probably aren't including VGK in their no-trade clauses. It's a very fun place to be rich; again see the bolded.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
VGK is bit of a joke but I wonder Since they were trying to dump Patch, Patch likely wasn’t happy about it and since he can block a trade to 10 team he was able to block basically all team that had interest or cap space and somehow CAR knew they were the only team in the running, Is agent is also Fleury agent and he has a grudge with VGK.
Because if VGK call CAR and says I’m moving Patch and I would like a 2nd and a 4th or 2 x 3rd, unless you know they don’t have any choice, I can’t see anyone countering with how about future consideration… they probably take the deal or counter with one 4th or 5th rd pick but future considerations that is a pretty insulting offer… especially since CAR have tons of prospect.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The VGK reportedly treat the players very well while they are here. Despite the rantings of fans (which are pretty much always wrong), it would be interesting to know what number of players have actually put the VGK on their no-move list. Otherwise, it is professional sports team made of players who are being paid to do their job, not an emotional support group for young millionaires.
Even if they don’t want to go to Vegas they likely don’t inclus it in there NTC, since guy that get NTC usually make a bit of money and VGK don’t have any cap space so it almost sure that they aren’t a potential destination and even if they were there likely a few place they rather no be + less taxes. so I don’t think Vegas in on many no trade is any at all, it most likely canadiens cities and BUF, ARZ and other rebuilding team or far from their families…

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
If it's getting the guy to help them go deep in a playoff run...Pacioretty is not that guy. He plays so he can swing his golf clubs comfortably and painlessly after the season's over, which he helps terminate early by not driving the net since after the Letang suspension.

Reactions: barbu

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Once again, Vegas is literally the only team that people complain about trading their players. It's truly baffling.

It's not that they're trading their players. It's that they're

* Trading guys away and not telling them prior to those players finding out on Twitter they've been traded.
* Giving away legitimate NHL players for literally nothing.
- Nate Schmidt for a 3rd
- Patches here for nothing.
- Fleury for nothing
* Signing Vadim Shipachyov and simply not using him to the point where he just was done with the team and went home.
* Trading draft capital like drunken sailors (1st, 2nd, 3rd to Detroit for Tatar to have him play like five games for them and none in the playoffs.

They were successful in 2018 because they pulled together a bunch of "junk" from other teams into a cohesive team that was really strong. They've since scorched through all of that chemistry and ran themselves headlong into the salary cap so hard they have to just jettison pieces for nothing.

Reactions: Grantham

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There's a rumor out there that Max tore his achilles tendon today and is out until at least the all star break. The person that tweeted this has since deleted the tweet and is NOT a verified insider so take it with a grain of salt. But, he/she, has called a couple of things recently before others (the retention on Burns, who else was coming to the Canes in that deal and who the Canes were giving up in that deal, the Necas signing shortly before the Canes announced it, etc...) so we are a bit concerned about it. I guess we'll know how legit he/she is in a day or two.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 5.19.47 PM.png

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
There's a rumor out there that Max tore his achilles tendon today and is out until at least the all star break. The person that tweeted this has since deleted the tweet and is NOT a verified insider so take it with a grain of salt. But, he/she, has called a couple of things recently before others (the retention on Burns, who else was coming to the Canes in that deal and who the Canes were giving up in that deal, the Necas signing shortly before the Canes announced it, etc...) so we are a bit concerned about it. I guess we'll know how legit he/she is in a day or two.

View attachment 575977
and the world keeps turning

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
A torn achillies for MaxPac would pretty much be career over at this point no? It's usually a pretty devastating injury and players never seem to come back fully from it, he's also 34 and just coming off a major injury.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Pretty sure he's 33... the tweet looks suspect.... Unless the Canes are pulling a Tampa.. With Necas signing today and the aggressiveness we have had this off season I guarentee we at least make an offer for Kane.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Pretty sure he's 33... the tweet looks suspect.... Unless the Canes are pulling a Tampa.. With Necas signing today and the aggressiveness we have had this off season I guarentee we at least make an offer for Kane.

So is the tweet suspect, or do you guarantee they go after Kane? Because both of those can't be true.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
So is the tweet suspect, or do you guarantee they go after Kane? Because both of those can't be true.
They could easily both be true... The Canes make a serious push for Thatchuck after the Burns/Pac deals, Necas signing his bridge makes it more likely as he's one of the peices that others have requested in several different sets of trade talks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00