Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's extraordinarily rare to do it playing hockey. It was more likely in off-ice training
one way I can think of, though it would have likely had more press, was if he got a skate blade to the area, i.e. another player stepped on him there.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Canadian heptathlete Georgia Ellenwood had the injury during a high jump attempt. I follow her on IG and the recovery process looks really tough.

Ugh. It's a brutal injury. It ended Donovan Bailey's career. Some guys beat the odds but most never get their speed fully back afterwards. This injury is going to cost Patches a lot of money on the next contract. He's going to have, like, 25 games to show what he's got and it's so tough to get into a rhythm that late in the season, especially with a new team that plays a strange system.

He might end up in a situation where it's best to take a 1-year deal next year but that's a big risk at 34-years-old.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Just heard the crappy news. I saw this thread bump but didn't think it was for anything this major.

Seeing how he fit in with Carolina was probably one of the more interesting angles to the Canes' regular seasons.
Regular season isn't really the concern for Carolina at this point.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Don’t know if there’s betting odds on Patches being out all year and then magically ready for game one round one, but I’d go ahead and take them if they’re out there. Could see Carolina making a heavy play for Kane.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Don’t know if there’s betting odds on Patches being out all year and then magically ready for game one round one, but I’d go ahead and take them if they’re out there. Could see Carolina making a heavy play for Kane.
Patches will basically have gone two seasons with minimal play, so the thought that he can suddenly be turned on at full speed for the playoffs is just fantasy, particularly with an unfamiliar team. If anything, he'll be a liability for the first two months back.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Was this injury known about at the time of the trade? Could that be why it’s so cheap cause it was just an LTIR dump?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Was this injury known about at the time of the trade? Could that be why it’s so cheap cause it was just an LTIR dump?
If the injury was known, Vegas also would have known that they could LTIR him for the season and get him back for the playoffs. They really wouldn’t have had to move him as a result.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I feel bad for Max here this is a shitty injury he should be ok tho id say

he never was all that fast he needs to be in a scoring spot and do quick release shots to score anyways for most part

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00