Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If anything Vegas looks kind of shrewd here. Got to keep Reilly Smith instead of losing him only for the player they keep to miss most of the season.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sucks for Pacioretty but does this open up a shopping spree for the Canes? Maybe they can go and add a Kadri now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Injured today or at least earlier this week. Canes had him working on the ice in a few clips a few days ago
Point isn't so much when the injury happened. The longer Patches was with us and the closer he's been getting to retirement age, the more injury prone he's become.

When the trade happened I was upset because Vegas has been stupid with their asset and cap management and its led to disrespecting beloved players like Max and Fleury. But from a hockey ops standpoint I wasn't too bothered. Max really struck me as becoming more and more fragile, and after he came back from his last injury, he looked like he'd lost a couple steps. If anything, with each injury he suffered, the more annoyed I'd get that we were paying him 7m.

Damaged goods may not be the best way to describe it, but it's not the worst either.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
6 months is being optimistic.
Justin Williams came back in 2 and a half with the same injury. 6 months is conservative- that's what it took for my Dad to get back on the ice after the same injury in his late 50s and not exactly at pro athlete fitness levels. You have immobilize to let the tendon heal for a month and a half or so, and then it's just rehab with strengthening and flexibility exercises.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
NBA players go down with this injury from time to time, and it knocks them out a full year. Most guys don't come back the same.

Hockey players are a different breed off course but 6 months is optimistic.

Kadri is sitting right there though...

Reactions: behemolari

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
NBA players go down with this injury from time to time, and it knocks them out a full year. Most guys don't come back the same.

Hockey players are a different breed off course but 6 months is optimistic.

NBA players are not remotely comparable here. Very different motion and strength required of the achilles while jumping and pivoting on a court, while hockey skates are basically as immobile as wearing the post surgery boot. 4-6 months is the standard timeline, and some players come back even faster.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Hockey players are a different breed off course but 6 months is really really optimistic.

The Canes won’t touch the sort of term Kadri will want. That’d also be the issue with trading for Miler, he’d essentially be a rental. There’s no way they’d extend him.

My guess is they still buyout Gardiner and go bargain bin shopping for a top 9 F, like Evan Rodrigues. Then, hope they have enough to stick around contention status, add Pacioretty as a free rental.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
The Canes won’t touch the sort of term Kadri will want. That’d also be the issue with trading for Miler, he’d essentially be a rental. There’s no way they’d extend him.

My guess is they still buyout Gardiner and go bargain bin shopping for a top 9 F, like Evan Rodrigues. Then, hope they have enough to stick around contention status, add Pacioretty as a free rental.
Even after acquiring Pac/Burns the Canes stayed a player in the Thatchuk sweepstakes until the end.... My Guess is the go hard after Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00