Confirmed Trade: [CAR/VGK] Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan for future considerations

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The Canes won’t touch the sort of term Kadri will want. That’d also be the issue with trading for Miler, he’d essentially be a rental. There’s no way they’d extend him.

My guess is they still buyout Gardiner and go bargain bin shopping for a top 9 F, like Evan Rodrigues. Then, hope they have enough to stick around contention status, add Pacioretty as a free rental.
The thing with Kadri though is at this point he's 100% NOT getting what he wants. So he will have to pivot, potentially to considering a 1 year deal in the right situation, kinda like Klingberg did. Odds are he doesn't come here and still signs a decent sized longer term deal (not 7 years and not anywhere near $9m/year), but I wouldn't completely rule it out. Kadri on a 1 year deal actually makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Even after acquiring Pac/Burns the Canes stayed a player in the Thatchuk sweepstakes until the end.... My Guess is the go hard after Kane.
The difficulty is how do you fit a Kane or Kadri once Pacioretty is ready to come off LTIR?

Assuming Gardiner's back will act up is risky and still leaves some $$ to open up. They would have to unload Bear or someone else to make it all work

A less expensive vet looking for a job like Rodrigues or Kessel make a lot more sense.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
The difficulty is how do you fit a Kane or Kadri once Pacioretty is ready to come off LTIR?

Assuming Gardiner's back will act up is risky and still leaves some $$ to open up. They would have to unload Bear or someone else to make it all work

A less expensive vet looking for a job like Rodrigues or Kessel make a lot more sense.
6 months is probably generous.... you don't bring pac back until the playoffs ala Kuckerov

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
6 months is probably generous.... you don't bring pac back until the playoffs ala Kuckerov

He will need weeks to get into game shape. Probably the worst thing to do would be to keep him out until the playoffs start, especially at his age, and expect some kind of an impact. Also all new linemates doesn't help.

Reactions: bert and Tryamw

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Just heard the crappy news. I saw this thread bump but didn't think it was for anything this major.

Seeing how he fit in with Carolina was probably one of the more interesting angles to the Canes' regular seasons.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Pretty sure he's 33... the tweet looks suspect.... Unless the Canes are pulling a Tampa.. With Necas signing today and the aggressiveness we have had this off season I guarentee we at least make an offer for Kane.
yah?

I'd take it with a truck load of salt until confirmed by reputable sources. Thankfully I haven't heard any rumours of injury to Future Considerations so theres that. :laugh::sarcasm:
and now?

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Apparently he had been dealing with achilles tendonitis as far back as the end of last season with Vegas, and had been doing minor rehab to keep it under control. The future considerations was draft picks based on games played, as there was a real concern he would need to have surgery. Well he fully tore it now, forcing the surgery.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Apparently he had been dealing with achilles tendonitis as far back as the end of last season with Vegas, and had been doing minor rehab to keep it under control. The future considerations was draft picks based on games played, as there was a real concern he would need to have surgery. Well he fully tore it now, forcing the surgery.

Achilles tendon is a tough one.

When healthy it’s incredible strong but tendonitis makes it very very vulnerable, even minor set backs can lead to this

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is this all from a legit source? Im not disputing it, but am curious on the source.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He will need weeks to get into game shape. Probably the worst thing to do would be to keep him out until the playoffs start, especially at his age, and expect some kind of an impact. Also all new linemates doesn't help.
Excuse me sir, but here on HFBoards, not playing all season and then stepping onto the ice for the first time all season in the playoffs is considered an advantage.

Reactions: bert and Brownies

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So just read he is out for 6 months due to Achilles tendon surgery. I am guessing this happened at a recent summer practice?

1660131413393.png

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Being physically fit doesn't mean you're game fit.
But 6 months and a February return would give him time to get game fit, either in practice or games.

That said, I agree with your earlier point he is unlikely to remain on LTIR until the playoffs. I think Carolina will choose to have Pacioretty build some chemistry with a new team from February until the playoffs.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
But 6 months and a February return would give him time to get game fit, either in practice or games.

That said, I agree with your earlier point he is unlikely to remain on LTIR until the playoffs. I think Carolina will choose to have Pacioretty build some chemistry with a new team from February until the playoffs.

Yeah, Carolina should active him when possible so that he can get into game shape and build chemistry with new linemates. Doing the LTIR circumvention doesn't seem beneficial here.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Yeah, Carolina should active him when possible so that he can get into game shape and build chemistry with new linemates. Doing the LTIR circumvention doesn't seem beneficial here.
I think they will LTIR him and maybe bring in 1 or 2 players under $1.125M (another LD, maybe Rodrigues or Stastny as a forward) and then figure out how to make that fit in February by sending down some healthy extras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad