Post-Game Talk: Caps/Bruins, 12/7/16, 8:00pm ET, Phone Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
OV's play is head scratching. Brutally bad, like he's playing drunk or something.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Trotz cant coach this team and burt/wilson are just names on a scoresheet. Sucks that Mojo having such a good start and this dumpster fire around em

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
People really calling for Trotz's job?

He won the Presidents Trophy last year. He won the Jack Adams last year. You're smoking crack if you want to fired him after a 14-7-3 start.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I hate that goalies can do that to stop play. Neuvirth did the same thing in the playoffs last year. Just sucks because that's a hard one to police

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
That's still a PP. What do you expect from the crew that thought it was a Bruins D man that knocked it out though. How ****ing blind are you to not see it was the goalie?

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA

He won the Presidents Trophy last year. He won the Jack Adams last year. You're smoking crack if you want to fired him after a 14-7-3 start.

We aren't saying now... we are saying this is shaping up to be his final year possibly.

He's won with a lot of talent - but IMO has developed young talent poorly and hasn't fixed a lot of Caps issues that have haunted them for years.

Regular season doesn't matter for Caps fans anymore. That's why there's 5-10k empty seats for a team that's 14-7-3. The playoff failures are the story with this franchise & that hasn't changed with Trotz and isn't looking good this year either.

BMac I think deserves most of the blame though. I think he's a mediocre gm with no idea how to be great. I

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
:facepalm:
Read my post again. I never said the highest bidder always is the team that signs that player. I said outbidding the market is overpaying.

You can't insure a contract that was never signed.

You can insure against injury. You can insure almost anything if you pay for it. People insure body parts quite often.

Outbidding the market is establishing a new market value. Whatever...it's more interesting to watch you fumble with college football arguments.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

And he's not only failed to address the issues that cost them in the playoffs, he's made them actively worse. This team is listless and struggling to play a cohesive game. They have shown no signs of improving the breakout or transition play. Their special teams play is horrific currently. The offensive system he's attempting has actually made the depth scoring even worse.

You want to know who won the Jack Adams award before Trotz? Bob Hartley (fired), Patrick Roy (resigned), and Paul MacLean (fired).

The only thing keeping me from fully jumping on the fire Trotz bandwagon is the lack of good alternatives out there right now. But if a quality coach gets axed elsewhere, I'd almost certainly take them over Barry at this point.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Caps haven't looked very physical this year. Manhandled a lot this year. Tonight is no exception.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
We aren't saying now... we are saying this is shaping up to be his final year possibly.

He's won with a lot of talent - but IMO has developed young talent poorly and hasn't fixed a lot of Caps issues that have haunted them for years.

Regular season doesn't matter for Caps fans anymore. That's why there's 5-10k empty seats for a team that's 14-7-3. The playoff failures are the story with this franchise & that hasn't changed with Trotz and isn't looking good this year either.

BMac I think deserves most of the blame though. I think he's a mediocre gm with no idea how to be great. I
BMac has displayed more balls than McPhee ever has and probably ever will. I don't think he's the problem

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

Literally a 1/4 of the way through the season. For a franchise that annually (mod) in the regular season it's hilarious to see fans take up the narrative that what is true in December will be true in April.

There's 5-10K empty seats because this is Washington and it's a Wednesday. Let's not pretend that this is a great sports town the rewards its teams.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You can insure against injury. You can insure almost anything if you pay for it.

He can insure future earnings against his current $2.85M salary. He cannot insure against the raise he would be getting on his next contract. By not signing that higher value contract, he would be costing himself millions in future earnings (both the guaranteed contract and potentially the insurance value if he were to be injured).

Outbidding the market is establishing a new market value. Whatever...it's more interesting to watch you fumble with college football arguments.

You can argue with the economists that established the concept I referenced in the previous post. This is a known concept.
:laugh:
So you have to switch to another sport when you are thoroughly countered in every aspect of this debate?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
WTH happened? I watched the first half of the first period and then went to work out. Now I get home and it's tied and people are ranting in the thread.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
And he's not only failed to address the issues that cost them in the playoffs, he's made them actively worse. This team is listless and struggling to play a cohesive game. They have shown no signs of improving the breakout or transition play. Their special teams play is horrific currently. The offensive system he's attempting has actually made the depth scoring even worse.

You want to know who won the Jack Adams award before Trotz? Bob Hartley (fired), Patrick Roy (resigned), and Paul MacLean (fired).

The only thing keeping me from fully jumping on the fire Trotz bandwagon is the lack of good alternatives out there right now. But if a quality coach gets axed elsewhere, I'd almost certainly take them over Barry at this point.

I want Darryl Sutter. :heart:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Well I'd rather they struggle now with the hope they get in a groove in the 2nd half of the season then what happened last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad