Post-Game Talk: Caps/Bruins, 12/7/16, 8:00pm ET, Phone Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Not even sure what to expect anymore. Last year every game at this time was awesome Caps hockey. Lately I've been surprised if Caps play awesome.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's all part of the master plan. Keep shuffling players around, keep them uncomfortable and hopefully solidify the lines in the spring right in time to get hot for the Cup run. At least that's how my dream plays out. :D

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Thumbs up for the lines and pairings for tonight. Would have preferred maybe swapping Oshie and Williams but that's nitpicking. I am very interested to see the new defensive pairings at work.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
These days Ovi is only relevant on the pp, which is ice cold. His Even strength play is horrendous. Guy needs to pick it up

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
These days Ovi is only relevant on the pp, which is ice cold. His Even strength play is horrendous. Guy needs to pick it up

He's on pace for his lowest career point total with 41 goals and 21 assists for 61 points. That's unacceptably low, not to mention the penalties he's been taking.

He needs to get his head out of his ass ASAP.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm really hoping this season's new experiment ended after that horrendous 2nd period vs Sabres. Caps need to just go back to being themselves!!!

Stop with this wannabe speedy team garbage! :pullhair:
Its not working and its boring as hell.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He's on pace for his lowest career point total with 41 goals and 21 assists for 61 points. That's unacceptably low, not to mention the penalties he's been taking.

He needs to get his head out of his ass ASAP.

I don't think its unusual for this time of year for him, though. His history is that he has a run after the new year scoring around 20 goals in 20 games. The league wears down faster than he does and when they are beaten up he takes advantage of them.

I thought I heard Joe B say after his last goal that he had the same number of goals at this time last season.

Edit I just checked. last season after 24 games he had 12 goals

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
In a way I'm glad that they are starting to call OV for that lazy slash to the hands thing he does on defense. It forces him to try to actually make a play that will have an affect.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm really hoping this season's new experiment ended after that horrendous 2nd period vs Sabres. Caps need to just go back to being themselves!!!

Stop with this wannabe speedy team garbage! :pullhair:
Its not working and its boring as hell.

What on Earth implies that this team is trying to be a speedy team? It's quite obviously the exact opposite. They aren't playing with any speed at all...

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What on Earth implies that this team is trying to be a speedy team? It's quite obviously the exact opposite. They aren't playing with any speed at all...

Exactly! It is a massive FAIL. :biglaugh:

P.S. Everyone is trying to be a speedy team this season thanks to you-know-who winning the you-know-what with "speed."

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ovi demoted heh.

That's the most offensive a front line I have seen since the Bruce era.

I figured with Oshie back Vrana would be gone #CapCapCasuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille