Post-Game Talk: Caps/Bruins, 12/7/16, 8:00pm ET, Phone Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
And he's not only failed to address the issues that cost them in the playoffs, he's made them actively worse. This team is listless and struggling to play a cohesive game. They have shown no signs of improving the breakout or transition play. Their special teams play is horrific currently. The offensive system he's attempting has actually made the depth scoring even worse.

You want to know who won the Jack Adams award before Trotz? Bob Hartley (fired), Patrick Roy (resigned), and Paul MacLean (fired).

The only thing keeping me from fully jumping on the fire Trotz bandwagon is the lack of good alternatives out there right now. But if a quality coach gets axed elsewhere, I'd almost certainly take them over Barry at this point.

Pretty solid coach down in the AHL who has done a great job developing the youth and is big on puck possession

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I want Darryl Sutter. :heart:

I'm not convinced Sutter would be a much better coach systematically than Trotz in terms of generating consistent offense. But it couldn't be substantially worse than what we've seen since the Pittsburgh game, either. And at least Sutter has a recent playoff track record.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
WTH happened? I watched the first half of the first period and then went to work out. Now I get home and it's tied and people are ranting in the thread.

You've been around for awhile. This doesn't really surprise you, does it?!

"Hope for the best. Expect the worst." - that should be the Caps slogan each year....

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He can insure future earnings against his current $2.85M salary. He cannot insure against the raise he would be getting on his next contract.

You can argue with the economists that established the concept I referenced in the previous post. This is a known concept.
:laugh:
So you have to switch to another sport when you are thoroughly countered in every aspect of this debate?

I can argue with any opinion you post. I know what I know. Do I need to provide you with links about famous people insuring their hands, legs, etc?

The only thing you countered me with is boredom honestly. I'm moving on unless you can somehow prove Alzner can't get a giant insurance policy.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
And he's not only failed to address the issues that cost them in the playoffs, he's made them actively worse. This team is listless and struggling to play a cohesive game. They have shown no signs of improving the breakout or transition play. Their special teams play is horrific currently. The offensive system he's attempting has actually made the depth scoring even worse.

You want to know who won the Jack Adams award before Trotz? Bob Hartley (fired), Patrick Roy (resigned), and Paul MacLean (fired).

The only thing keeping me from fully jumping on the fire Trotz bandwagon is the lack of good alternatives out there right now. But if a quality coach gets axed elsewhere, I'd almost certainly take them over Barry at this point.

I didn't know the playoffs started in December this year, must have missed that, did they slip it into the CBA?

You said it yourself, the regular season Caps are not the playoff Caps. Why not wait until you claim this team is "actively worse" for the playoffs?

Also were all 3 of those coaches coming off of a Presidents trophy and actively well above .500 when they were fired?

The Chicken Littles on this board are contradicting themselves with the rhetoric of "This team is not going to do well in the playoffs, just look at how we usually rock the regular season and flame out in the post season!"

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Caps haven't looked very physical this year. Manhandled a lot this year. Tonight is no exception.
They are trying to simulate the style that has been winning Stanley Cups of late. Problem is that Trotz is way out of his element with this.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Pretty solid coach down in the AHL who has done a great job developing the youth and is big on puck possession

I like Mann, and if it gets bad enough up here I would be on board with him taking the reigns. But I'd rather wait a while longer to see if either Trotz can right the ship or if someone like Lindy Ruff or Darryl Sutter gets canned.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I like Mann, and if it gets bad enough up here I would be on board with him taking the reigns. But I'd rather wait a while longer to see if either Trotz can right the ship or if someone like Lindy Ruff or Darryl Sutter gets canned.
I would too. But promoting Mann is such a Caps move

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Every available coach is flawed. That's what is so humorous about this. The grass is always greener. While you all grandstand about how awful Trotz is and how he's comparable to all these other scrub coaches that were fired, you're also all advocating for coaches who were fired for the same ****.

It's almost too much.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I didn't know the playoffs started in December this year, must have missed that, did they slip it into the CBA?

You said it yourself, the regular season Caps are not the playoff Caps. Why not wait until you claim this team is "actively worse" for the playoffs?

Also were all 3 of those coaches coming off of a Presidents trophy and actively well above .500 when they were fired?

The Chicken Littles on this board are contradicting themselves with the rhetoric of "This team is not going to do well in the playoffs, just look at how we usually rock the regular season and flame out in the post season!"

I said THE ISSUES that have cost them in the playoffs have been made worse. They've been ousted from the playoffs multiple times in the Ovechkin era by a lack of depth scoring, and that is the number one issue haunting the team right now. What track record have either Barry Trotz or the Capitals demonstrated for suddenly being able to turn it on in the playoffs?

I also hate to break it you, but the Capitals have 14 wins and 10 losses, which is not "well above" .500 hockey. Not to mention they're barely hanging onto the last playoff spot in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad