Post-Game Talk: Caps/Bruins, 12/7/16, 8:00pm ET, Phone Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
So have the Caps been the better team most of the game in spite of the score?
About 50/50. Bruins started ramping up with the Refs' leniency. Moore got away with blatant interference off a face off to prevent coverage. Pastrnack should have been called for Hooking prior to his goal since he did damn near the exact same thing that Eller got called for earlier in the game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Man I hate the ****ing NBC crew. Olczyk's breakdown of the final play is all about Boston. Sounds like his dog just died. No credit given to Backstrom.

Shut up, donkey.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well this Caps fan will happily take the win instead of complaining about not deserving to win and instead wanting the team to lose. As if that's some teaching moment.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Man I hate the ****ing NBC crew. Olczyk's breakdown of the final play is all about Boston. Sounds like his dog just died. No credit given to Backstrom.

Shut up, donkey.
It is always that way from that idiot. Then Jones piles on. The refs helped out the Bruins so much in that game.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I didn't know the playoffs started in December this year, must have missed that, did they slip it into the CBA?

You said it yourself, the regular season Caps are not the playoff Caps. Why not wait until you claim this team is "actively worse" for the playoffs?

Also were all 3 of those coaches coming off of a Presidents trophy and actively well above .500 when they were fired?

The Chicken Littles on this board are contradicting themselves with the rhetoric of "This team is not going to do well in the playoffs, just look at how we usually rock the regular season and flame out in the post season!"

You are playing the "if they did great in the regular season and poorly in the playoffs, maybe the opposite will be the case" game. Problem is that the exact issues that plagued them in the playoffs continue to plague them this season. Namely poor puck movement, players confused on offense, nothing but dump ins and one and one on one play, etc. Catching lightning in a bottle is a rare phenomenon and rarely wins Stanley Cups.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I can argue with any opinion you post. I know what I know. Do I need to provide you with links about famous people insuring their hands, legs, etc?

The only thing you countered me with is boredom honestly. I'm moving on unless you can somehow prove Alzner can't get a giant insurance policy.

:facepalm:

Do you not know how personal disability insurance works? He can get a policy, but it insures based on his current earnings, not raises he may or may not get in the future (aka his next contract). In other words, he can insure against the $2.85M he's getting now, rather than the $5M+ he'd be getting next year. Even more to the point, personal disability insurance doesn't pay 100% of your salary, and NHL contracts are guaranteed. So as soon as he signs on the dotted line, it would be worth more than his insurance policy.

Also, apparently you don't consider providing a source to McPhee saying he overpaid for Ward countering your argument that McPhee never overpaid. Got it. :biglaugh:

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
At least there was some entertainment in the 1st period. They played great offensive hockey there.

Then Turtlemaster Trotz, the Predator, attacked again.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
:facepalm:

Do you not know how personal disability insurance works? He can get a policy, but it insures based on his current earnings, not raises he may or may not get in the future (aka his next contract). In other words, he can insure against the $2.85M he's getting now, rather than the $5M+ he'd be getting next year. Even more to the point, personal disability insurance doesn't pay 100% of your salary, and NHL contracts are guaranteed. So as soon as he signs on the dotted line, it would be worth more than his insurance policy.

Also, apparently you don't consider providing a source to McPhee saying he overpaid for Ward countering your argument that McPhee never overpaid. Got it. :biglaugh:

Move along kid....you're rambling.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Jamie Lee Curtis insured her legs for 1 mil back in the day when she had a panty hoes deal...

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Just went to the Bruins board and they are extremely salty. LOL
It made this win feel a little better.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It's odd. For a team that has one of the best GA in the league I have no confidence in our team with the lead. I don't think we are a good defensive team and we consistently blow leads. To me that is more worrisome than our lack of scoring.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Jamie Lee Curtis insured her legs for 1 mil back in the day when she had a panty hoes deal...

Absolutely. But she insured it against her current panty hoes deal, not against a future, more lucrative deal.

Alzner can insure against losses of his future wages at their current $2.85M value. He cannot insure his next ($5M+) contract until he signs that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad