GDT: Capitals at Rangers Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
Work is going by so slowly, I don't like it one bit. I would love to see Clowe on the ice, and take hits every time he attempts to touch the puck.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Clowe's sudden burst of production post-TDL helped my fantasy team win my league. I like him for that. Otherwise, mash him until he regrets suiting up.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
anyone remember how the rangers targeted mike green and nick backstrom's head last playoffs because they had recent concussions? just a reminder.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah I don't get it either. Bring on the best players, and let the Caps beat them when they're playing their best.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If you lay off the gas, you think. See a mummy on the ice, "oh i dont want to finish him off" Meanie.

You hesitate.

Finish Him!

/Hangover Scene

interesting stunt by Torts sticking those guys out there.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
you don't even need to target the head per se. just target the guy for hard hits. i think that is both legal and effective. i wonder when teams will start doing it to 87 in these playoffs. he seems to be the third rail when it comes to hard hitting, post-injury. in his first game back, he got pushed softly to the ice near the boards, and it was immediately whistled as a penalty and Iginla came flying across the ice to avenge the push. it seems to me that if a team were serious about beating the Pens and doing it legally, you would hit 87 early and often, while staying away from the head. i don't know. maybe it's just not easy to do. maybe he is stronger and faster and doesn't present the same easy target as a D-man collecting pucks along the endboards.

but i digress.

2-0 series lead does nothing for my nerves. a series turns on a dime. and a dime was the width of the winning margin last game.

my attitude is, forget everything that has happened, including the current series score. just win the next shift. battle for everything. want it more.

we have good depth, good scoring, good goaltending. and FFS we should be hungry enough, after decades of near misses, can't misses, Can't-Miss-Kids, and this year's nauseating Milbury-led scorn for our future HHOF player, not to mention two recent years of Game 7 losses in 2nd round. stay hungry, stay in the present. let future match-ups take care of themselves.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
The fourth line hasn't really stood out much to me, but they've all done pretty well killing penalties. Speaking of PK, Coulda Had Getzlaf is 2nd on the team in SHTOI/G, but the one stat that stood out to me is that Backstrom is #1, nearly 1 minute more than Fehr per game.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Rangers fans are butthhurt about our team and the majority are completely dilusional about theirs.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If they dress a blurry-eyed Staal and mush-brained Clowe, they'll really desperate.

Their desperation is tangible and starts from the coach on down to the fans.

If the Rangers don't make this a series at the very least then I suspect Torts will not have a job next year so he will do whatever it takes to win.

He clearly doesn't care if his "goto" players are impaired/hurt/tired. He will send them out there just the same.

Rangers fans are butthhurt about our team and the majority are completely dilusional about theirs.

They are just frustrated fans lashing out. I would suspect there are a great deal of their fans who see things for what they are through 2 games. Sure the series isn't over but the play has favored the Caps more than the scores of either victory would indicate.

Most seem to be more sick of Tortorella and his "safe is the way to go!" scheme. Do those guys even try to score? Doesn't seem like it sometimes. No creativity.

Just like the Caps last year under Hunter. Many of us hated HunterHockey. Pretty much a mirror of what the Ranger fans have been subjected to in the last 5 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia