Offense:

ovi-big-hit-callahan.gif

Defense:

green-goal-from-long-view.gif

In Goal:

holtby.png

Liberati0n*

Excellent GDT.

That Holtby picture is awesome...posting that on the main boards would really piss off the Rongo fans.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Gotta think an early goal tomorrow night would be huge. If the Rangers fall behind early, their own fans will turn on them and the pressure will cause them to collapse.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Gotta think an early goal tomorrow night would be huge. If the Rangers fall behind early, their own fans will turn on them and the pressure will cause them to collapse.

I imagine if their PP sucks like it did in OT, their fans will boo.

A majority of the VC crowd didn't boo when the Rags were getting a lot of chances in Game 1, but I wouldn't put it past Rags fans to boo.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Brilliant GDT. Go Caps, 14 more to do.
I enjoyed only discussing the last game in our board. Will do the same this time.

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Oct 18, 2010
Maryland
So ready for this game! Maybe it's just me, but I've watched 85 and 90 really grow up and step up their game in the past 20+ games... It's nice to see them finally showing their worth. They aren't the superstars by any means, but they are making great contributions!!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
a new dance. the flying callahan. check.
game over green. check.
that rookie holtby isnt as good as the king. check.
oates. just another day at the office. check.
ov. no ice time. check.
oleksy. orr. check.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
MJ and MP are 2 guys that just seem like perfect candidates for Oates to help out. Two smaller centers with offensive talents... that is right up Oatesies alley. We are quietly back to 3 scoring lines. Add in our defense collectively all joining the rush, he is running and gunning.

Little did I know it would be Ovi and Green to get sorted by Oates. Oates reassuring Ovi via touch resassurance; and Green by telling him to not try to score; save it for the PP. It was all mental.

I would like to see a touch stats.

Greenberg was on 106.7. Anyone else here that? I didn't understand it, but he said Oates outcoached Torts in OT by keeping Callahan out - he was gassed... something. Anyone shed some light on what the tactician Oates did?

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Oct 18, 2010
Maryland
MJ and MP are 2 guys that just seem like perfect candidates for Oates to help out. Two smaller centers with offensive talents... that is right up Oatesies alley. We are quietly back to 3 scoring lines. Add in our defense collectively all joining the rush, he is running and gunning.

Little did I know it would be Ovi and Green to get sorted by Oates. Oates reassuring Ovi via touch resassurance; and Green by telling him to not try to score; save it for the PP. It was all mental.

Greenberg was on 106.7. Anyone else here that? I didn't understand it, but he said Oates outcoached Torts in OT by keeping Callahan out - he was gassed... something. Anyone shed some light on what the tactician Oates did?

In my opinion the Rags did it to themselves because if they hadn't iced the puck Callahan would have gotten the change.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
* the caps play up tempo but i would suggest they are far from run and gun. in basketball terms they press but they dont run. they dont risk defensive zone coverage and turnovers to break out of the defensive zone. the forwards dont fly the zone and the defense doesnt make risky passes to start a rush. in the offensive zone they do squeeze very hard.

* didnt hear greenberg. torts is a matchup guy. oates may have put callahan's match up one ice in ways that kept him from getting rest. tortorella is clearly willing to match to the point of death. leaving mcd on the ice after a two minute shift proves that fact.
callahan may have been caught in a similar squeeze.

just guessing. callahan was on the power play. after the power play oates sent ovechkin straight out. one shfit later he sent ovechkin back out. rangers got pinned. rangers iced it. lundqvist froze for a face off and callahan got off the ice. mcd took the penalty and callahan came out for the critical pk.

i might not have that right but it sure looks like what i remember.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn't expect Rags to fold regardless of the score. It's one thing to lose, but they know if they stop playing hard the NY media will tear them to pieces and Torts will put them through a Theon Greyjoy dungeon experience. Also, being scrappy currently seems to be the full 10% of their team identity (the other 90% being Lundquist, ofc), so yeah, you'd expect them to keep scrapping.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
We need to focus on our game und put more pressure on Henrik, use the chances better, than we will make the series 3 and 0. :nod:

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
The rangers are gonna come out hard. We will need to settle in the first 10 min then take them

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything

His point was.....in OT, McDonagh has already had a long shift when Torts called a timeout. Torts went ahead and put him back in there and Oates chose to roll the 3rd line, knowing that Torts would either have to keep a gassed McDonagh out there when he went with his 1st line OR give the caps a favorable matchup...

Last edited:

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Keep being patient and generating the chances. Tell the Swedes on our team it's OK to shoot at big brother Hank. Caps win 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->