GDT: Capitals at Rangers Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
"Fear" absolutely slayed me when I first heard it.

First it was Olesky, now its Fear.

Oleksy has drawn two PP's for us. Nothing to ignore with our PP and a tight series. Tough play wins again.

Did poor old Sarge ever draw 1, in his career? :deadhorse

If one team blows out the other tonight, maybe we see our first scrap

I will predict MJ vs Zuch :cf:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Double Nickle was worthless, moreso in the playoffs. I've been very happy with Oleksy. The guy can play. He has a role and he executes his role very well.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Question...

Have the Caps EVER lead a series 3-0?

I was talking about the playoff fails over the years...and Ill be damned If I can think of them ever being up 3-0.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
@drosennhl: No way to tell if Marc Staal is going to play. It's more of a mental thing than anything else. He has to feel comfortable and confident.

To me, this is so stupid. If he can't see right, he should not play... for his own sake.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Right on to the record breaking. I forsee this will happen.

Conflicting reports on Laich

Rotoworld said he's been skating in full practices and has no limp walking around.

Gormley reports he has been skating on his own and will soon join the team for practices.

We all know Torts will find a way to rush Stool back in the lineup. He runs his guys into the ground and thats the way he has always coached. They are desperate. He is trying to make sure he has a job next year.

Ottawa in 98 we were up 2-0 and were always chasing the game in game 3. We'd be down two and then cut it to 1 until we ran out of time. I think at least. Game 4 we got dominated but won anyhow because Kolzig.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If Torts actually tried to play a guy with blurred vision, he should not only be fired, he should be prosecuted.

Berard did play after his gruesome injury but wasn't nearly as effective afterwards.

There will be a lot of pressure on Staul to play and it won't just be coming from Torts.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Awesome GDT! Too bad it won't be used on the main board. Oh, well. edit: It wouldn't be our GDT anyway, forgot.

Damn, I'm excited for tonight's game! I agree that Ovie is due for huge goals tonight. Ha, when the Rangers fans start their stupid "Ovie sucks" chant, it fires him up.

I'll bet Hank is disgusted with his team. I can't see him doing as well as he did last game.

If Torts actually tried to play a guy with blurred vision, he should not only be fired, he should be prosecuted.

That would be awful if Tortorella played Staal if his vision is still blurred. That's another accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I just want the team to show the killer instinct we've all been screaming the last 6 years for. Bury this ****** ****ing team in the rubble of their own building. God dammit.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I wonder if 55 even cares that he's not playing, let alone understands why.

Knowing how Oates communicates with his players, I'm pretty sure Sarge knows why he's not playing. He's the 7th best Dman on the current roster. At best he could be the 4th best LD on the roster. Not sure there's much else for Oates to tell him to get in the lineup at this point. "play better, act like you care, learn to skate faster"?

Hillen may not be a Norris candidate, but he's already shown he's better all around than Shultz can ever really get to. Oates sees this, even if GMGM may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad