Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Elias Pettersson to 3 Year ELC

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Happy to keep him in the SHL another year, but happier yet to see him sign. He's the piece we need to replace the Sedins

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Finally! Very hopeful that Pettersson would be a star by 2nd half of the season.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Congradulations Elias. welcome to Vancouver. where your every word and action will be watch and you better live up to the huge expectations from your first shift in preseason or your life will be a living hell.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
when you look at this kid. it is unreal that he was so dominant in a mens league !!! lots of pressure on those shoulders.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Finally! Very hopeful that Pettersson would be a star by 2nd half of the season.

And yeah... Like people posted. What a Canuck picture with the cast.

This is what Im expecting. Growing pains -> Adjustment -> Preview of things to come later in 2018-19.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Congradulations Elias. welcome to Vancouver. where your every word and action will be watch and you better live up to the huge expectations from your first shift in preseason or your life will be a living hell.

this isn't even true anymore outside of sites like this which i doubt players give a f*** about

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
You can already spot the posters who are going to spend the next decade having weird childhood bullying-related freakouts every time Elias gets knocked down. Cant wait.

Anyhow the thing I actually can't wait for is to see Elias play. Watching him and watching Jim Benning's press conferences are the only enjoyment I expect to get out of this franchise for a while.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Conference call highlights:

TSN Radio Vancouver‏Verified account @TSN1040 15m15 minutes ago

Elias Pettersson:

- I'd be comfortable to play both wing and centre. I see possibilities at centre to get the puck more, and on wing to get the puck higher up the ice. So I see possibilities at both.

- I think I can be an impact player coming over. Give me a summer of training and I'll be as ready as possible.

- Yeah, I think so (on coming over). I wanted to focus on the season, and think about what's best for me and what I want to do. It was the best time for me to sign today.

- Pettersson on another year in Sweden: I thought of it, of course. Yeah, I thought of it.

- Of course it's different ice and smaller ice. I know it will take time, but I've played on smaller ice before and I know how it is. It didn't change my game, I just felt I had less time with the puck and needed to protect it more.

- It's been my dream since I knew what the NHL was. I always had a dream that I would play in the NHL, and now I've signed my first contract and I'm one step closer. I'm just looking forward to the opportunity, and hopefully play my first game.

- I will just try to play my best hockey every day and get on the ice and do my best - playmaking and try to play my best each and every day.

- I always believed in myself that I could do it and each time when I practiced I had it in my mind to become better every day. So yes, I believe it.

- I'm trying to bulk up to 200lbs. No, just kidding. I don't know my weight right now. Maybe around 177 right now.

- I don't feel stressed about putting on too much weight. I want to be a fast player with good control over my body. If I go up in weight, I want it to be muscle mass.

- I can work out my lower body today and the core today. But right now, I have a little vacation and rest from the last season. I can work out full in 3 or 3.5 weeks... then my thumb will be okay.

- Pettersson on correct pronunciation: "E-LEE-us Peterson"

- Pettersson on AHL: Uh, I don't know. If it's best for me to play in the NHL, I will do it. But I want to play in the NHL as quick as possible.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Welcome to the new era of hockey, where you don't have to look like He-Man.
- more and more players in the future are going to look like Elias, better get used to it
Behold the future of the NHL!

slenderman.thumbnail.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad