Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Elias Pettersson to 3 Year ELC

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I suppose he just doesnt want to have it butchered in 17 different ways so he just settled for the "americanized way" as Snuuzi put it. Just like it happened with most french, swedish, russian or czech names (and most other too)

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I suppose he just doesnt want to have it butchered in 17 different ways so he just settled for the "americanized way" as Snuuzi put it. Just like it happened with most french, swedish, russian or czech names (and most other too)

Im not sure about Sweden, but as Fin I dont expect people to know how to pronounce my name. Its not a big deal at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Index

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Playnow.com has set the line at 25.5 for the amount of goals he'll score. Pretty fair line I think.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
maybe he has really thick legs.
photo (1).jpg

From The Oatmeal.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah I don’t know I’m about 6 foot 160 and i definitely have a thicker upper body than Pettersson, before I started working out I had a pretty similar build to Pettersson and I was around ~135 then so I strongly doubt that he’s 170 unless he has a super thick legs like mentioned above.

Reactions: Nucker101

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He said himself that his weight is 177lbs currently. If that is accurate and he is playing at his current level at that weight he shouldn’t worry about bulking anymore, instead just focus on building strength and explosiveness. I don’t think he’ll play at any higher than 185lbs without losing speed until he’s in his prime.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting take from Mats Sundin on both TSN 1040 and Sportsnet 650.....says that in Sweden, Jonathan Dahlen is regarded almost as highly as Pettersson....predicting both will be on the top line in VanCity sooner, rather than later.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Interesting take from Mats Sundin on both TSN 1040 and Sportsnet 650.....says that in Sweden, Jonathan Dahlen is regarded almost as highly as Pettersson....predicting both will be on the top line in VanCity sooner, rather than later.
If a top 6 of:
Gaudette Horvat Boeser
Dahlen EP Virtanen

or some such configuration could ever really pan out, that would be so wonderful.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
If a top 6 of:
Gaudette Horvat Boeser
Dahlen EP Virtanen

or some such configuration could ever really pan out, that would be so wonderful.
I would be happy if the cards fell like this:

???HorvatBoeser / EP
Dahlen / Goldobin???EP / Boeser
Goldobin / Dahlen GaudetteVirtanen
?????????
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Insert one of Lind / Gadjovitch / Jasek in there and I feel that is a pretty realistic expectation of things to come.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yeah I don’t know I’m about 6 foot 160 and i definitely have a thicker upper body than Pettersson, before I started working out I had a pretty similar build to Pettersson and I was around ~135 then so I strongly doubt that he’s 170 unless he has a super thick legs like mentioned above.

You are much shorter than he is and he's an elite athlete while you are not. He measured 6'1.75" and 165 pounds at the combine. I strongly doubt he hasn't gained any weight since then.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
honestly who even gives a f*** he owns at hockey his weight is irrelevant to me, i was just stating my opinion as someone with pretty much the same age, height and body type as pettersson.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
honestly who even gives a **** he owns at hockey his weight is irrelevant to me, i was just stating my opinion as someone with pretty much the same age, height and body type as pettersson.

And I was just stating my opinion (which is more based on fact than your opinion) that unlike you he's an elite athlete and he's taller than you and weighed 165lbs at the combine. So just because you think you are the same age and has the same build and was 135lbs before you started working out and is 160lbs now doesn't mean he doesn't weigh more than you do right now.

Reactions: lousy

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
honestly who even gives a **** he owns at hockey his weight is irrelevant to me, i was just stating my opinion as someone with pretty much the same age, height and body type as pettersson.

I work as a licensed massage therapist. Having worked with a bunch of hockey players I can say that they are shaped like bowling pins.
Pretty much all the weight is in the thighs and glutes.

Marty-St-Louis-jacked.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->