Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Elias Pettersson to 3 Year ELC

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I sure hope the Canucks can sign some tough customers in the off season. Without them, we will be seeing Boeser Petterson and Dahlen all on the IR and not on the ice.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Where are the negative posters? Did JB actually do something right drafting this superstar, and then signing him?
Playoffs next season, here we come!

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Where are the negative posters? Did JB actually do something right drafting this superstar, and then signing him?
Playoffs next season, here we come!

Is this the bar that we have resorted to? But ok, if you think doing what is expected (ie. the bare minimum) is something to be praised then alright.

Reactions: geebaan

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Was there ever any doubt on A?
Well considering our local media has been conditioning us to the the Peh-ter-son pronounciation since his draft...

Not their fault.. in Pettersson's draft profile video he pronounced it differently/the way we have been pronouncing it.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
it-guy-either-quit-or-got-canned-yesterday-it-department-is-in-crisis-mode-because-software-l-played-154331.gif

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I've heard like 5 different pronunciations and I still don't know which is the correct one at this point.

Gonna have to wait for Shorty to clear the air on that one, I think.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
That's probably the official or formal way of saying it.. but he clearly states otherwise with his Pee-ter-son pronounciation at the presser.

He doesnt really had a choice after Benning called him that at the draft last year...

Snuuzi

Nov 3, 2017
I've heard like 5 different pronunciations and I still don't know which is the correct one at this point.

There is no correct way of pronouncing it. Sweden has literally hundreds of different accents and many of them will almost sound like different languages compared to eachother. You drive 1 hour from Petterssons homeregion to the closest region and they will pronounce his name in a different way.

The only constant is the two T's according to correct swedish grammar.
Two T's in name(or any swedish word): Emphazise T's = Better-son but with P instead of B
One T in name(or any swedish word): Dont emphazise T = Peter-son like Peter Pan

Other then that just say it in your americanized way because every swede you ask will give you a different explanation on pronunciation depending on were in Sweden their from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->