Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I would be happy if the cards fell like this:

???HorvatBoeser / EP
Dahlen / Goldobin???EP / Boeser
Goldobin / Dahlen GaudetteVirtanen
?????????
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Insert one of Lind / Gadjovitch / Jasek in there and I feel that is a pretty realistic expectation of things to come.
Fair. Those are some big pieces to fill still. I have hope that Gaunce and Archibald could reliably fill two of the 4th line spots. Not sure of Leipsic keeps a spot anywhere in there as well.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I'm very ready to see him play. Not worried about his size. Gaudreau is showing that guys don't need to be huge if they have the skill. If he has a rookie year like Boeser did....we're in for some fun hockey.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
kinda funny seeing a photo today of Boeser swimming with a cast, and EP signing with a cast....

Canucks hockey

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Attendance will be worth watching this season..a new young core is definitely something the team,and media can sell.

Agree with this. I think wins and losses matter less than some people have argued around here. Simply having a team that fans like and players they can get behind counts for a lot too. The effect Boeser has last year shows how starving this market is for some new stars to put on a pedestal. I think Pettersson will continue that and potentially take it to another level altogether.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agree with this. I think wins and losses matter less than some people have argued around here. Simply having a team that fans like and players they can get behind counts for a lot too. The effect Boeser has last year shows how starving this market is for some new stars to put on a pedestal. I think Pettersson will continue that and potentially take it to another level altogether.
100% agree. We fans want to have hope for a better future. Young (potential) star players give us that hope.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Excited to see what he can do on the fourth line with limited power play time playing the “right way”. I wonder if we could sign Prust to mentor him.
Yes, the right way. If only we get a nickle for every time we hear the right way with regards to Petterson's development.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Clayton Keller looked scrawny last year too, but he made a big impact in the NHL.

We need skill on this team. We need to get younger. There's a lot resting on his shoulders here, but him and Boeser with Bo - there's some legitimate young talent coming through here. There's something brewing here in Vancouver and I can't wait to see what develops.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Looks like Benning got his McCann replacement when we officially signed Meat and Potaterssen to his ELC
Totally unfair. Even I think that's totally unfair to Benning with what Pettersson's done in the last year. Pettersson's done everything you can say points to future stardom without having played the games. I just pray he's in the lineup this October.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad