Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign F Elias Pettersson to 3 Year ELC

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
He’s not that skinny. It’s just that the large brain he has makes his head look bigger.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
6573493.jpg

It's been said before (many times), but I'll repeat it anyway: Daigneault had a long, successful NHL career. Maybe he didn't have the peak that you'd hope for from a 10th overall pick, but he wasn't a bust (and I'm not claiming anyone is saying anything different -- just pointing it out).

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
He’s not that skinny. It’s just that the large brain he has makes his head look bigger.
Are we getting back into that weird "Pinky and the Brain" territory here?

"'Maybe I can go after, or check Naslund and those Pinky and the Brain twins,' Boogaard said, referring to Swedish twins Henrik and Daniel Sedin, part of Vancouver's top scoring line." (Nov, 2007)

Is Dahlen Pinky? Possibly Virtanen?

(RIP Derek Boogaard)

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Or get Kassian back to show him how to party

Really, how old are you?

Just a stupid comment but not surprising.

Any comment that's even remotely negative towards Linden/Benning you instantly attack and counter with a Gillis shot or point out that no management group in the NHL is perfect.

Its not a stretch to suggest that Pettersson may spend time on the 3rd or 4th line until Green has faith in him at both ends of the ice.

The team has preached playing the 'right way' for years now. They **** the bed when they brought Virtanen and McCann up far to early and aren't about to repeat the same mistake..................................or at least one would hope.

Until players grasp this 'mindset' they won't be gifted ice time, top 5 picks included.

Meat and Potatoes.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
No matter if it was inevitable; this is a glorious day for this franchise, no doubt about it.

Good things don't happen to this franchise very often, but we hit the f***ing motherload with this kid. To dominate a men's league like he's done without a large frame is truly something special. Hopefully, he and Brock are the talents we've been waiting for to carry us into the Sedinless-era.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Definitely a franchise level building block. Already winning on multiple levels and bringing that over with youth that will help him reach the next level. Congrats Elias, we cannot wait to see what you bring to the next level!

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Really, how old are you?

Any comment that's even remotely negative towards Linden/Benning you instantly attack and counter with a Gillis shot or point out that no management group in the NHL is perfect.

Its not a stretch to suggest that Pettersson may spend time on the 3rd or 4th line until Green has faith in him at both ends of the ice.

The team has preached playing the 'right way' for years now. They **** the bed when they brought Virtanen and McCann up far to early and aren't about to repeat the same mistake..................................or at least one would hope.

Until players grasp this 'mindset' they won't be gifted ice time, top 5 picks included.

Meat and Potatoes.

Sensitive for a poster who has Benning the incompetent written below his user name. His reply was in poor taste but not sure you are the one to judge.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Excited to see what he can do on the fourth line with limited power play time playing the “right way”. I wonder if we could sign Prust to mentor him.
Nah, he's a Benning pick that looks promising. Boeser got Benning an extension so if they can make Petterson look as good as possible everyone will be thrilled we have two good prospects, people will start planning the parade route, and Linden will get his extension.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I just heard the clip on 1040 when he states his weight and to me it sounds like he simply states 77.

Donnie and Moj assumed he said 177... but I'm not so sure.
They are metric over there and im sure I didn't hear a "hundred" or "one" in front of the "77".

77kg=169lb

I think he's at 77 kg.. not 177 lb.

Anyone else hear that?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I just heard the clip on 1040 when he states his weight and to me it sounds like he simply states 77.

They are metric over there and im sure I didn't hear a "hundred" or "one" in front of the "77".

77kg=169lb

Anyone else hear that?

Well caught. Makes more sense too.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

77kg=169lb

Anyone else hear that?

Makes sense, as wouldn’t someone from Sweden naturally default to metric? Canada’s an odd duck for being a metric nation that defaults to lbs and feet for our measurements.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sounds from Benning's interview that Pettersson is going to be given every opportunity to slide into Henrik Sedin's vacated spot in the middle...so remains to be seen if the Canucks are going to be active in free agency to sign somebody else as insurance. The NHL is a tough league and Pettersson will get schooled as a rookie....just hoping the Canucks have someone who can stand up for him when he takes an inevitable beating.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I hope EP turns out to be the class of the 2017 class, with the exception of Hischier, i do not believe there is a prospect with higher upside. I hope for all our sake that he develops into the perfect Henrik successor.

Reactions: billvanseattle

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Sensitive for a poster who has Benning the incompetent written below his user name. His reply was in poor taste but not sure you are the one to judge.

Fair enough, but I don't pounce every other poster who make comments/remarks that are contrary to my opinion.

Yes I find Benning to be a poor GM and would welcome a replacement but I applaud the Pettersson pick and hope this kid can change the fortunes of this floundering franchise.

Regardless of whether one supports are criticizes management we all want to see the Canuck's prospects flourish and become game changers which may one day lead us to the promised land.

Just didn't like the comment about Kassian showing Pettersson how to 'party' considering the guy was close to p*ssing away his life and career and found the remarks to be in bad taste.

Lets just hope management and coaching staff don't rush this kid and let him dictate when he debuts in the NHL.

Big day for the franchise and one we can all agree is a positive one.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
Really, how old are you?

Meat and Potatoes.
You seem like a very angry little guy . Why lash out at Hargraves like that?

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
A for me.

PETterson is a strong hockey name. PEEterson is not. Stock down IMO

its not even "son" at the end - sounded more like "shawn" at the end.

happy to hear that he can play Left wing. might be interesting if his shot is that good - one timers on the off wing might turn our powerplay into a deadly combo coming from both wings

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
A true Franchise level Talent. Pettersson and Dahlen will be fun to watch, two special players.

September can't come fast enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckylarry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad