Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 10-7 (Miller x3, Pettersson, Boeser, Zadorov, Cole)

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Canucks were saving Demko for Colorado tomorrow, otherwise DeSmith would have come out.
My thinking was that it could have been a big statement win after (4 or 5?) 5 on 3s, but I think youre right.

It was an awful way to lose and Im sore about it lol

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My thinking was that it could have been a big statement win after (4 or 5?) 5 on 3s, but I think youre right.

Even with the officiating, if DeSmith was passable in the early 3rd, we win this one. 5 on 3 goals are tough, but I did not like goals 6-8 for Minnesota. Thought they were all kinds of stoppable. But he was clearly rattled early in the third and fell to pieces - and for about two to five minutes, so did the Canucks. Actually felt we had a reasonable push back after that, scored two and damn near tied it, but the damage was done at that point. Still a way better note to end on than if we had just folded after they made it 8-5.

RichLittle

Oct 16, 2022

They had a 1.5 min 5-3, a one minute 5-3 and a broken up one between period 2 and 3, so maybe 30s? Where do you get 5 5on3s from?

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
not a huge fan of DeSmith style. Always seems unsettled and scrambly. lot of goals let In along the ice tonight (and in recent starts) due to poor technique.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I missed the game because I taken my kids to a reptile refuge for family day. I am watching it right now knowing the score and everything. Two minutes into the third and all I can say is Oh My. DeSmith looks like Swiss cheese but I think that goal which was under his legs should of been blown down.

This is ugly

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
The reffing is becoming more and more of a problem. The Canucks played well 5 on 5, even out playing the Wild for a majority of the game. There was a couple of plays such as Miller puck over the glass where it's a penalty regardless, but a lot of questionable calls in this game.

I don't trust the integrity of this league from the upper management. 2011 Stanley Cup final loss, to the Stephane Auger incident to Tim Peel. You can't tell me game management doesn't exist in this league.

Also DeSmith was brutal in this game. Hasn't looked good forever.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Honestly this is one of the few times a back to back may be beneficial. Boys will be hungry tomorrow.

Colorado is so ****ed.

If it's not the refs, the excuse tomorrow will be tired team coming off a back to back.

But I would love for your sarcasm to be proven true though. A bounce back win against a legit strong team is exactly what can turn this team back on the right track.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
DeSmith has been a nice story this season, but was a sieve in this one. He's a UFA at the end of the season, and the Canucks will either be in the market for an experienced backup or might elevate Silovs from Abbotsford.

Believe it or not, the Canucks had a 5-2 lead at one point in the second period. But three consecutive five on three pp's and suddenly they were behind in the third period.

I guess in an 82-game schedule there's going to be an ugly one like this once and awhile. But sets up tomorrow night in Denver as a real tough one.

Not sure the Canucks have had a three-game losing streak all season.....but on paper, this one seems almost 'unwinable'.

Reactions: mossey3535

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
Goaltending cost the Oilers at least one if not two Stanley Cups the past 2 seasons when McJesus was just out of this world. Seems they improved in the net this year. And let's hope we don't repeat that trend. No goaltending, no Stanley (except maybe Edmonton of the 1980s - Fuhr was good but not great).

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Honestly and not to throw anyone under the bus but this game reminds me of a time I asked my one friend about this goalie he had on his team and he said “usually when you score 11 goals that meant you won…” :laugh:

As far as evaluating goes, just burn the tape and move on.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Goaltending cost the Oilers at least one if not two Stanley Cups the past 2 seasons when McJesus was just out of this world. Seems they improved in the net this year. And let's hope we don't repeat that trend. No goaltending, no Stanley (except maybe Edmonton of the 1980s - Fuhr was good but not great).
Can they win with their current goaltending? I think so, there is precedence but it’s extremely rare and not easy.

Their D while it has names on it, I find their only truly reliable defender is Ekholm. Nurse and Bouchard are prone to soft play and bad judgment calls. Usually paired with average goaltending I call that a paper tiger but they have McDrai so who knows.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad