Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 10-7 (Miller x3, Pettersson, Boeser, Zadorov, Cole)

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Colorado really isn’t that good. They’re as beatable as any other top 10 team
Problem is Canucks gassed themselves pushing for a comeback today. Playing at altitude on a back to back after a game like this.... it's gonna be a tough ask

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I count 1 bad performance in the last 2 months (Boston).

Winnipeg performance was fine and this was just a reffing disaster.

Team came completely off the rails against the Jets and lost the game due to being undisciplined. Any time a team starts playing the Canucks physically they run into problems.

Reactions: supercanuck

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Reminder: don't go to the main boards making threads looking for sympathy on reffing affecting the Canucks— that's weak **** and no one cares about the 1st place team in the NHL having a run of bad reffing.

Like, yes, reffing and officiating is awful right now, put it in a thread about a broader trend and stop with the "the league is out to get me and my team specifically" crap.

This. I like the main boards for things I missed during the week, but I can't stand all the random Canucks threads.

Someone there always makes an... Impact.

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
clown ref bettman puppet.jpg

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Team came completely off the rails against the Jets and lost the game due to being undisciplined.

The 7D went for a bad hit seconds after we came a hair away from going up 3-2. That was a great game between two good teams settled on small margins and our crappy PP.

Reactions: calnuck

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I missed this game… Awkward time…

Can someone give me a quick run down? I saw a bit on my phone without the sound on and it felt like we were defending 5 on 3 penalties all game.

How did we do? Did refs screw us? Did we screw outselves?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So 2 bad games then.

Since the break, the Bruins game, the OT loss to the Wings, the Jets game, and now this game have not been particularly reassuring. They have Colorado, Boston again, Penguins and LA coming up. We'll see how it goes.

The blueprint is out on how to beat us.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Yeah, while I think it's likely easier for the refs to slap around the Canucks, this behavior is directed towards any team that criticizes their cadre. It's embarrassing given how hard gambling is pushed during these games. Once there's enough data collected, we'll see just how manipulated these games have been. Or we won't and it's just personal and a lack of ability.

It's getting more and more difficult not to question game management and connecting the literal explosion of gaming sponsors it had been somewhat so before but now needs a deep look into something is up refs cannot all be that bad

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
We were going to win the game if the refs didn’t interfere and hand out a bunch of 5on3s.
You don’t game plan for the refs screwing you over.

This is exactly why there are aren't any major takeaways for this game. There aren't really adjustments to make other than uhhhh...hope the officials don't completely lose their minds?

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
This team is going to struggle majorly if they don’t fix their special teams. PP and PK are crap.

2011 would run circles around this team despite the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad