Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 10-7 (Miller x3, Pettersson, Boeser, Zadorov, Cole)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Great, we'll just use excuses like we've been doing the past few games.
In my head, the Canucks already won the Stanley Cup a few times in the past decade, but you know, officiating.
Do you think a season of 82 games was going to be all highs with no lows? A few losses completely rattled this entire fanbase when we’ve been absolute dog shit for 10 years prior. I truly don’t get it, help me understand this line of thinking where the team is going to be perfect every single game.

You guys get way too caught up in your emotions of the highs to the lows and act as if losing a game dictates how the season will play out - and this goes for when they were winning so much too.

Bruins are 4-4-1 L10.
Colorado is 5-4-1 L10.
Jets are 4-5-1 L10.

Not sure why those teams are even bothering to play anymore, they’re obviously cooked too.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Wasnt watching and saw the final score - I didnt know this was an NFL game???

• Wow
Reactions: Play

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
In my opinion the most egregious call by the refs was the initial call of a goal on a “goal” the replay clearly showed did not go in.

In order to call it a goal on the ice, the referee must witness the goal. The refs just saw the puck in the net and either assumed it was a goal or they outright fixed the call.

Reactions: SiZ

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Can we just take a minute and appreciate JT Millers game today? Dude went nuclear, and I can't wait to see him in the playoffs properly for the first time as a Canuck (bubble schmubble).

I though Quinn + Hronek were kinda brutal defensively, but maybe that's more on Quinn.

NHL reffing is so uneven and inconsistent, that the players have no idea what will be called or not. Wild players were diving like swans because they saw the refs gamesmanship kicking into high gear.

But we're still first in the league, so not a big deal. Just praise the refs no matter what because they are corrupt and untouchable. IMac and Myers put us in the crosshairs a bit.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looking back on 54 years of Canuck hockey, have they ever been down two men on four different occasions in the single game? Knowing the Canucks I guess it has happened in their history, but you'd have trouble finding the last time.

Game completely turned on the penalties. Canucks were up 5-2 in the second and the Wild were looking defeated. But those five-on-three's completely turned the game on its head.

About the only 'positive' is that Miller and Hughes padded their stats at the top of the NHL scoring parade. And Pettersson scored once to cement his position in the top 10. But after that, it's a #$@%-show.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
8 goals on DeSmith is just simply unacceptable.

Wonder if they just keep riding Demko down the stretch with how poorly DeSmith has been lately

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
jesus this game reminded me of the hawks canucks 2010. kane hattrick that backhander which broke luongo anyways. 7uongo. that 5th goal was supposed to be whistled down but clearly the ref thought it was a good goal.. desmith was bad.. you had a 5-2 lead.. and still lose. undisiplinced game. colorado will be feasting on this team tmr if they dont wake the f*** up. the powerplay needs to go back to his original formation. miller on the left side halfway lindholm/boeser bumper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad