Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 10-7 (Miller x3, Pettersson, Boeser, Zadorov, Cole)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Reminder: don't go to the main boards making threads looking for sympathy on reffing affecting the Canucks— that's weak **** and no one cares about the 1st place team in the NHL having a run of bad reffing.

Like, yes, reffing and officiating is awful right now, put it in a thread about a broader trend and stop with the "the league is out to get me and my team specifically" crap.
Yeah, while I think it's likely easier for the refs to slap around the Canucks, this behavior is directed towards any team that criticizes their cadre. It's embarrassing given how hard gambling is pushed during these games. Once there's enough data collected, we'll see just how manipulated these games have been. Or we won't and it's just personal and a lack of ability.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Say what you like about the goaltending I thought the most negligent decision (or lack thereof) was leaving DeSmith in there after the 6th or even the 5th goal.

We should have won that game even in spite of the completely braindead refs

Reactions: TruKnyte

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
What an absolute joke of a game. The ref stuff has likely been talked about to death here (you'd have to be Sharks level bad to lose a game with that many 5 on 3s handed to you a silver platter), but this repeated matinee game BS is ridiculous.

Why we are constantly playing out of time zone, early morning games is beyond me. Constantly being taken advantage of for being a fan of a Canadian team is so stupid - who honestly wants to wake up and watch a game before noon? DeSmith would've been taken out and Demko put in if we didn't have another back to back for some reason.

Move on to the next one. Hopefully this reffing nonsense doesn't become a pattern. Strong 5 on 5 play should carry over.

Reactions: PavelBure10

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Say what you like about the goaltending I thought the most negligent decision (or lack thereof) was leaving DeSmith in there after the 6th or even the 5th goal.

We should have won that game even in spite of the completely braindead refs

You don’t mess with your #1 by throwing him into an afternoon game when he’s starting a B2B against Colorado the next day.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Are you saying there is a conspiracy against John Garrett ?
Im not even a fan of garrett. He is a nice human being though and the organization did him wrong. I cant prove any of this to you in an official capacity so feel free to continue answering people with that official release.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Im not even a fan of garrett. He is a nice human being though and the organization did him wrong. I cant prove any of this to you in an official capacity so feel free to continue answering people with that official release.
I certainly don’t know if he was pushed out, but I would have been exhausted after covering a shit team that long. Sometimes things are what they look like? Maybe this isn’t, but I have read nothing from a legit source. That said my best friends related to a scout in Calgary and I have heard some interesting things about the flames over the years.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Interesting team. Built to score but not built to defend.

Built for excitement. Not built for tough hockey.

Built to score on the PP (in theory) but not built to PK.

Wonder what will happen in the playoffs.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I got off the treadmill at 5-3, second intermission beginning. I came back late for the third and it was 8-5. Went back to the other stuff. Not gonna bother catching me up on wtf happened.

○Minnesota Wild
○Xcel Energy Center
○11am PST start

Checks out.

han-solo-star-wars.gif

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Carson Soucy is our shut down guy. I don't think people understand how important he is for this defense. He would be out there to start every pk and eating tough minutes.

Still would be nice to add Tanev to pair with him.

Reactions: supercanuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Minny had more 5 on 3's tonight than Toronto has had all season, and in an almost unbroken string.

Never seen anything like it.

Neither have I.

And none of them was legit. At every point during those 5-on-3s there was a guy in the box for a marginal/BS call.

And then add the missed PS call and the puck which was clearly frozen.

The entire thing was a disaster by refs who lost control of the game by 1) thinking they missed the Myers pick and needing to make up for it, and then 2) calling a pick on Minnesota later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad